Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Cincinnati Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

REMINDER

Today's game is on CBS & to keep any & all politics out of here

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.12.18 PM.png

7 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

No, he was the ball carrier at that point.

That would have been a safety AGAINST US for those confused.  That's why we didn't take the safety.

the reason I said the guy who recovered in the end zone should have just been a touchback not a safety, without coming out, is because if it was every time a player caught an interception in the endzone and was immediately tackled it would be a safety, which it very obviously isn't

so close by Chase

That was an opportunity to extend the lead, and the offense goes 3-out.

One of the problems with this team going back to at least 2010, and maybe before that, is that whenever one unit did something well to give momentum to the other unit, the other unit tends to blow it.

Offense needs and gets a big score?  Count on the defense to give up a big drive.

Defense needs adn gets a big stop?  Offense will go cold.

It's so predictable.  They just haven't been able to string together 3-4 good drives on both sides of the ball together for a decade. If you do that, you can get ahead on the scoreboard and really put teams in bad positions.

It reminds me of a quote from Lance Armstrong (before he was exposed as a dirty cheater).  He said, "you know what it takes to win the Tour de France  One successful attack and 2 good time trials." And that's a 2 week event covering hundreds of miles.

We need to string together good offense/good defense together.  Haven't been able to do it forever.  

Just now, carex said:

the reason I said the guy who recovered in the end zone should have just been a touchback not a safety, without coming out, is because if it was every time a player caught an interception in the endzone and was immediately tackled it would be a safety, which it very obviously isn't

so close by Chase

Yep, I got you.  Crazy play all around, hell of a hit by Young who almost had a pick while I'm typing this.

Archived