Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Cincinnati Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

REMINDER

Today's game is on CBS & to keep any & all politics out of here

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.12.18 PM.png

Those early plays by Darby were a little bit of a smokescreen because he was beat on both plays, but because Burrow was a bit late throwing the ball Darby was able to recover and get there to make a play, but look at the position of the WR.....both times the plays were there to be made with better QB play.

Something I don't understand about Encroachments.

I was under the impression that if the defender crosses the line of scrimmage, as long as they do not touch an offensive player AND jump back across the line before the snap, then it shouldn't be a penalty.

But it seems like they call it on the defense even if he doesn't touch an offensive player, and gets back in time.

Is there something I'm missing, or did they change the rule at some point ?

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Something I don't understand about Encroachments.

I was under the impression that if the defender crosses the line of scrimmage, as long as they do not touch an offensive player AND jump back across the line before the snap, then it shouldn't be a penalty.

But it seems like they call it on the defense even if he doesn't touch an offensive player, and gets back in time.

Is there something I'm missing, or did they change the rule at some point ?

Guys were doing it to make the OL move. So now if it happens but the OL moves its encroachment. 

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Darby is an insult to toast.

he's saved at least one TD already today.

Folks complaining about the D, they've at least left 4 points on the field.  We should be down at least 10-7, with 17-7 mor elikely.

Just now, lovemaskins said:

We get C team commentary each week, so it shouldn't be surprising.  

I'm out of the country (in the Caribbean) and listening to the game stream by Bram, Julie and D. Hall.) I haven't listened to the radio broadcast with this group before. 

I kinda wish it was Bram, Cooley and Julie.  I like Bram, Julie plays a good role, but I'm not a huge fan of D. Hall.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm out of the country (in the Caribbean) and listening to the game stream by Bram, Julie and D. Hall.) I haven't listened to the radio broadcast with this group before. 

I kinda wish it was Bram, Cooley and Julie.  I like Bram, Julie plays a good role, but I'm not a huge fan of D. Hall.  

I would have expected Hall to get better. He was fairly decent in the first and second broadcast. ..but I haven't listened since

Archived