Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Halo Infinite reviews are in. Campaign is being praised as one of the best in the series. A true return to form that takes the series in fun new directions. The multiplayer gameplay is great too they just need to fix the playlists and progression. Snagging the series S this week to kick it off. Can’t wait 

edit: these should be quotes not spoilers. 

Spoiler

Halo Infinite is a phenomenal game that completely exceeded my expectations. By seamlessly blending exciting new elements with Halo's traditional formula, 343 Industries has crafted its magnun opus.

Spoiler

Consider me a Halo fan now. I was never really looking forward to Infinite. But now that it's here, it's so much more than what I was expecting.

Spoiler

If Doom Eternal is a cheeseburger and fries at In-n-Out, then Halo Infinite is a steak dinner in the big city with an overpriced bottle of luscious red wine. It is buff grandpa showing the young hotshot how it’s done because he invented the game.

Spoiler

Halo Infinite is a much needed reinvention of the franchise. Its campaign mode makes it the most ambitious, fun and complete Halo of them all. This edition is a love letter to fans and a true gift for the newcomers. Undoubtedly, one of the best games of the generation, and a true gem not to be missed.

Spoiler

Halo Infinite is the best game from 343 Industries, and probably the best game of the Master Chief: an epic journey, full of emotion, joy, and, of course, a marvelous soundtrack that make us connect with our beloved Master Chief and his new companions. Everyone who loves Halo, must play Halo Infinite.

Spoiler

As a Halo campaign, this is easily my favorite since Reach and right up there with the best of the series. Get your favorite weapon and finish the fight, Chief.

Spoiler

343i are trading heavily on Halo nostalgia with Infinite, and for the first time since taking over the series they have delivered a game that can easily stand shoulder to shoulder with the Bungie originals. The combat is excellent, it looks stunning, the hits of nostalgia at points are perfectly placed, and outside of the lack of co-op for now, this is exactly what I’d expect from a new Halo game.

Spoiler

With Halo Infinite, 343 has finally surpassed the high-points from Bungie’s reign over the Halo Franchise. It was worth the wait to see the Master Chief return in such a spectacular fashion.

Spoiler

Halo Infinite is a true return to form for the series with simple aesthetics, a stoic character and a lonely quiet story reminiscence of the original Halo game. With the exceptional addition of the grappleshot refreshing the classic Halo formula, this is a very bold new step for the Halo universe.

Spoiler

Halo Infinite is a sequence of Greatest Halo Hits, stitched together with an open Ring world. The game offers a level of action that only the early parts can compete with in sheer fun. Ignore the 'call to duty' and ignore the 'battlefields': in the 26th century, Halo Infinite is where the shooter action of the year is.

Spoiler

Halo Infinite's single-player campaign is exactly what this series needed. It brings out the best in Master Chief's unique and satisfying combat style while leveraging old ideas to create memorable new moments. Its story falls short for both new and veteran players, but it was worth the six-year wait.

Spoiler

Halo Infinite is a quintessential Halo experience. 343 Industries has managed to create a Halo that harkens back to the classics while still ensuring it feels modern without muddying the iconic feel that long-time Halo fans have come to love. For those that follow the narrative closely, the story that is told in Halo Infinite is heartfelt and emotive, and may just bring you to tears. Not only does Halo Infinite offer a return to greatness, it caps off important stories while introducing new and exciting mysteries. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to experience it in co-op at launch. And even though the multiplayer has some growing pains to work through, it remains an absolute treat to play, especially with a group of friends. Hats off to 343 Industries. The whole team should feel proud because Halo Infinite is an instant classic. Halo’s back, baby!

Spoiler

Celebrating its 20th anniversary, it feels almost poetic that Halo Infinite is its biggest, boldest, and most creative launch since the series released. Bringing a return to form for both the campaign and multiplayer, the entire experience is a Halo tour de force for the Xbox brand.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Grabs sweat rag 👀 

Mass Effect has assumed control, and will not let me go. 🥴💞

I really hope they introduce omni tool builds. Remember the shadow broker's shield? Imagine a bow, or sword, or hammer.

Mass Effect is amazing. I can't wait for the TV show/movie adaptation (I don't know which they're doing, I just know they're doing one.

Go get 'em, Shep.

3 hours ago, ShredSkins said:

Haven't played a Halo game since the 2nd one.

Just started downloading Infinite. Still haven't finished Far Cry 6 since Forza Horizon 5 came out. All i need is another game to start.  

you’ll likely be lost on the story if that’s the case. Also, you must be downloading multiplayer. The campaign doesn’t release until tomorrow and can’t be downloaded (not even a preload) until release 

Wish I was excited for Halo but I'm not.  I downloaded the multiplayer but didn't even play it.  I also bought Halo 5 when I got XSX last year and it's still sealed.  The open world aspect of Infinite is really turning me off too.  I'll probably snag it at some point when it's like $20 or so.  Halo 2 was like the pinnacle of online console gaming for me.  

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

You deserve to be banned for even attempting that.

If you ride your horse off a cliff and then jump off at the last second, you will survive. Your horse will splat onto the hard ground with a satisfying BERCLUMP noise, but will eventually be fine. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If you ride your horse off a cliff and then jump off at the last second, you will survive. Your horse will splat onto the hard ground with a satisfying BERCLUMP noise, but will eventually be fine. 

Who gives a F about a horse bruh.

fgx2rophjap51.jpg?auto=webp&s=34bba26c9c

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

From everything I read a series S is a waste of money. Get an X 

I disagree.  First, good luck landing an Xbox X or PS5 anytime soon (yes I know you snagged a PS5, just like I did).  Second, it all depends what you are looking for in a system, the X is obviously the more powerful console compared to the S.  But if you are looking for playing Xbox exclusives and not worrying about game graphics, processor speed, then it's not a waste of money.

I only buy digital games anymore, was actually not going to buy either one of them, then had the itch to play the new Halo and new Forza.  Decided on getting a series S now because I'm still going to be playing on my gaming monitor I have now (can't afford to drop $600+ on a 4K gaming monitor) and don't feel like chasing a series X either.  Maybe when the Series X becomes readily available (which I don't think will happen anytime soon), I'll trade in the S and upgrade to an X.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I disagree.  First, good luck landing an Xbox X or PS5 anytime soon (yes I know you snagged a PS5, just like I did).  Second, it all depends what you are looking for in a system, the X is obviously the more powerful console compared to the S.  But if you are looking for playing Xbox exclusives and not worrying about game graphics, processor speed, then it's not a waste of money.

I only buy digital games anymore, was actually not going to buy either one of them, then had the itch to play the new Halo and new Forza.  Decided on getting a series S now because I'm still going to be playing on my gaming monitor I have now (can't afford to drop $600+ on a 4K gaming monitor) and don't feel like chasing a series X either.  Maybe when the Series X becomes readily available (which I don't think will happen anytime soon), I'll trade in the S and upgrade to an X.

And it'll likely be called a Series Two X or some other dumb naming **** that Microsoft rolls out to confuse the overworked moms and casual gamers. 

• Like 1

Halo Infinite campaign is awesome. Don’t know how it’ll finish or if it’ll get old but really liking it so far. The story is good, leaves a lot of mystery to unravel piecing together what happened between the end of 5 and this. It also has good villains pushing you the whole way. There are a lot of boss fights which are hectic and fun. The open world works well. It’s basically a massive version of ODST except you are on a Halo instead of being in the city and there is actually stuff to do unlike ODST where you just move from mission to mission. That stuff to do is open worldy such as freeing marines, seeking out high priority military targets of the Banished and killing them, disrupting their energy supply/bases and establishing your own bases. But it’s really ****ing fun. The sandbox is fantastic. I’m grappling and swinging thru trees, dropping down into a banished campsite surprising everyone and wrecking ****. The grapplehook adds so much fun and badassery to the mix. I’m done so much cool **** with it

having a blast so far. Feels like Halo CE or Halo 2 don’t even think about about the open world as you move because you are just going from one gunfight and awesome moment to the next knocking out objectives as you go between story missions 

22 hours ago, steve09ru said:

Gaming pc recommendations without breaking the bank for an 8.5 year old.  Mainly fortnite and then expand into others

Paging @PokerPacker

What's your budget?  You'd be almost harder pressed to find a desktop PC on the market that can't run fortnite at low settings.  Although I assume your child isn't too concerned with getting competitive FPS at higher settings, if that's the, goal nvidia 1650 super or AMD 5500 should be plenty too.  

I feel like the sweet spot right now is 1000-1500 range in terms of performance vs. value, but that's probably overkill for a 8.5 year old (unless you plan on gaming on it too).  Depending on the type of games your child is interested in and the quality of display you're using, you could probably go 600-800 range for 1600 super series.  If you're looking to get it for Christmas, finding a good configuration in stocks might be bit of a challenge.

• Thanks 1

The problem right now is the cost of video cards are ridiculous so you're going to be paying a huge premium if you get one right now.

If you can hold off a bit I'd get a Switch for an 8.5 year old and he can play Fortnite on that, and then in a couple years when (hopefully) costs are back to normal and he's a bit older wanting to expand into other shooters then look into a gaming PC.

• Thumb up 1