Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Everyone loves open world stuff nowadays but big ass empty open spaces don't do anything for me. Give me smaller worlds with more detail everytime.

I have no interest in GTA anymore. Even a GTA 6 wouldn't get me going at this point.

Yeah, I remember all the bragging about just how big GTA 5 was, and then it turned out they padded the size by putting in a big empty mountain to fill in the interior of the map.  I don't care how "big" it may have been, but it felt so much smaller than the original San Andreas that gave you a denser map with more variety and not much in the way of filler area.

Still working through Ghost of Tsushima.  It remains awesome and is probably a top-3 PS4 game for me.  It's all good, but the massive set-piece battles really stand out.  I can't think of another game that does them so well.  

Spoiler

I just retook Castle Shimura.

The only thing that I think I would have liked to see, and this would be a totally different game, but given Jin's conflict b/t being Samurai and brutality, it would have been so awesome if the game gave you the ability to make decisions to go one way or the other (Good/Samurai Jin v. Bad/Ghost Jin) that impacts the story, a la Fallout.  I'm not one to complain that gamemakers didn't make the game that I, personally, want, this is just a thought that I've had as I play this awesome game.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Anyone interested in a non-banned modded launch Switch? I modded it this past weekend. I'm including a 128gb SD card as well as the jig that is needed every time you want to boot up the CWF if you completely power it off. But if it's always in standby you won't need to do it. There is a small scratch on the screen but it's outside of the actual display. I also have the box and stuff so it would come with that. The joycons have also been sent to Nintendo for drift issues that they fixed.

I'm going to put it up for sale on FB marketplace like next week some time but figured I'd ask here first if anyone is interested in it.

I'm in Rockville, MD.  Shoot me a PM if interested.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Still working through Ghost of Tsushima.  It remains awesome and is not probably a top-3 PS4 game for me.  It's all good, but the massive set-piece battles really stand out.  I can't think of another game that does them so well.  

Hide contents

I just retook Castle Shimura.

The only thing that I think I would have liked to see, and this would be a totally different game, but given Jin's conflict b/t being Samurai and brutality, it would have been so awesome if the game gave you the ability to make decisions to go one way or the other (Good/Samurai Jin v. Bad/Ghost Jin) that impacts the story, a la Fallout.  I'm not one to complain that gamemakers didn't make the game that I, personally, want, this is just a thought that I've had as I play this awesome game.  

I wanted the same. Really really did. But the story that the ended up telling made it worth it for me in its own right. I would have preferred the paths like you mentioned, but the game wraps so well I wasn't disappointed despite not getting what I wanted. Which I think is pretty impressive. 

Glad you are digging it so far! If people still play the multiplayer, give that a shot when you want some more huge battles. Its a bit different, but the scale is fun. 

• Thanks 1

I keep seeing Xbox S's in store. I know they don't have the same power as the Series X (nor the 8k upconversion) but I'm wondering if that would be OK just to game on. Anyone played the new gen games on it and hated it?

For $299 maybe that's ok for me not to have the X. 

Edit..acknowledge the all digital price tax.

Edited by The Evil Genius

FYI Halo Infinite multiplayer beta is now open to everyone and will be open until launch.

Stats will carry over to full game too.

@The Evil Genius don't get an S they are a waste of money.  There is a reason they are easy to get, because they suck and no one wants one.  It's just a tweener from X1 and XSX.

Edited by purbeast
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 5:33 PM, purbeast said:

Made a huge video game related purchase today and using my 40th birthday in 2 weeks as the excuse to spend that kind of coin.

Will post pics of it when I get it.

Well here it is ****es.  Not sure if I will even have time to set it up tonight as I have something to go to until 9:30pm.

lqVXIyP.jpg

• Like 2

Halo infinite multiplayer is a lot of fun. Feels great an evolved Halo 3 and reach. The progression is awful and they need to make more specifics playlists though. They’ve already said they are fixing the profession. Playlists and new modes are being added next week for an event and as a FTP game will trickle in more and more. I’m playing on XB1 too :( 

22 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Awesome, must have cost a small fortune ...

I had this dream of making my own pinball machine from scratch.   If I ever find the time and space I might get around to it.

Yeah it's not cheap.  Used turning 40 years old as an excuse to spend that kinda coin on it.  And knowing I could turn around and sell it for what I paid helped me mentally justify it lol.

There is a huge shortage right now in the pinball world and these things aren't getting any cheaper.  Stern cannot keep up with demand at all.

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah it's not cheap.  Used turning 40 years old as an excuse to spend that kinda coin on it.  And knowing I could turn around and sell it for what I paid helped me mentally justify it lol.

There is a huge shortage right now in the pinball world and these things aren't getting any cheaper.  Stern cannot keep up with demand at all.

Does Bally's still make machines?  Those things were the shizit back in the 90s.   Hard to find when consoles/PC game started to kill arcades.  Even places like Dave and Busters might have 1-2 machines at most.

The Forgotten City is on gamepass. It is fantastic. 

For anyone that doesn’t know, it started as a Skyrim mod and then became its own separate game. It uses the Skyrim engine so the graphics are kinda rough but the game is very impressive considering it was made by essentially a 3 person team over 4 years. 

The game involves an ancient Roman city hidden underground. There are 23 people in the city. The city has never committed a sin and they believe if any person commits a sin, they will all die. You are tasked with investigating everyone in the city, finding out who is about to commit the sin that will doom them all, and unravel their secrets and motivations before it’s too late. 

The game feels like a combination of the original Bioshock in terms of atmosphere as you discover  this hidden utopia where something goes terribly wrong, and then The Outer Wilds where you are set loose in a world to uncover its mysteries and piece a gigantic puzzle together. Which works great for me since those are two games I adore. Even has a bit of Majora’s Mask in the way that the side quests in that game work since everyone is on their own schedule and there is a day/night cycle so there is a lot to keep up with. 

the gameplay is simple. You spend your

time engaging in Bethesda style conversations and exploring the city. You use your mind, not your fists to solve encounters and earn trust and piece together the puzzle. I’m taking notes on my phone to help track everyone 

im about 5 hours in. Haven’t figured it out yet but I am loving it right now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Does Bally's still make machines?  Those things were the shizit back in the 90s.   Hard to find when consoles/PC game started to kill arcades.  Even places like Dave and Busters might have 1-2 machines at most.

Nah Bally/Williams are no longer making stuff.

I think eventually I am going to get a 90's pin as well, one that I grew up with - World Cup Soccer 94. I'm actually heading to an arcade today up in Glen Bernie that has one to play and going to see if I still like it like I remember liking it.  Only problem is I don't really have space for another one.