Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playing through Ghost of Tsushima right now. It’s pretty good, like if Ubisoft knew how to make a good open world game. 

It’s got the whole generic open world loop going on, but the story is really good, the side characters and their quests are interesting and the combat really shines. The vibrant colors really cover up the butt ass textures they used in the game but it works. The load times, resolution/frame rate on PS5 are amazing. 

Imagine if Ubisoft had taken the Assassins Creed series in this direction, instead of creating the 💩 coming out since Odyssey. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Playing through Ghost of Tsushima right now. It’s pretty good, like if Ubisoft knew how to make a good open world game. 

It’s got the whole generic open world loop going on, but the story is really good, the side characters and their quests are interesting and the combat really shines. The vibrant colors really cover up the butt ass textures they used in the game but it works. The load times, resolution/frame rate on PS5 are amazing. 

Imagine if Ubisoft had taken the Assassins Creed series in this direction, instead of creating the 💩 coming out since Odyssey. 

I was hoping they would do that, using this exact era, but Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft 👎🏼

• Like 1

Asherons Call emulator servers full of custom content. AC was the third mmorpg ever made (UO and EQ being one and two) and officially shut down in 2017, a year after WB sold lifetime subscriptions. Emus are legal so long as they are free (apparently because they are for educational purposes) but it feels extra satisfying to play it given WB's shadiness and frustration over the legality of emus.

The luster wore off a bit once I realized that 20 years ago, many of those missions consisted of "Go here, do this" 

It'll be worth it for the bs/emergency vehicle/rampage factor though.

These newer GTA's went heavy on the realism in certain areas and took a lot of that away

And in other news... https://www.gamesradar.com/starfield-leak-claims-every-planet-is-bigger-than-the-entire-skyrim-map/

Apparently devs still think people care about map size. Unless the majority of that map is littered with npc's, quests and the like, this should be met with scorn.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The luster wore off a bit once I realized that 20 years ago, many of those missions consisted of "Go here, do this" 

It'll be worth it for the bs/emergency vehicle/rampage factor though.

These newer GTA's went heavy on the realism in certain areas and took a lot of that away

And in other news... https://www.gamesradar.com/starfield-leak-claims-every-planet-is-bigger-than-the-entire-skyrim-map/

Apparently devs still think people care about map size. Unless the majority of that map is littered with npc's, quests and the like, this should be met with scorn.

Fallout 4 was the worst at this in my opinion. Wide open map with thousands of buildings...most of them you can't go into.

Except for the very first one, the only other GTA I've never played was San Andreas, should be fun.

• Like 1

The GTA remake looks like trash tbh.

And yeah for real, stop making enormous empty maps with nothing to do in them. Make well thought out levels, have none of these people played Mass Effect 2-3 and the Deus Ex games?

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The GTA remake looks like trash tbh.

Yeah, a programmer on Twitter did their own rendering, and the detail blew me away. Total rebuild from the ground up, especially with Tommy Vercetti. This just looks like the equivalent of shoving **** under your bed when your mom told you to clean your room, growing up. 

And yeah for real, stop making enormous empty maps with nothing to do in them. Make well thought out levels, have none of these people played Mass Effect 2-3 and the Deus Ex games?

Perfect comparison. Semi-open world should be the way to go from now on. Give the feel of a vibrant universe, without the headache of traversing one.

I work like a dog now. No way I'm spending my valuable  time taking 15 minutes to cross a ridiculously sized map to complete a side quest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Fallout 4 was the worst at this in my opinion. Wide open map with thousands of buildings...most of them you can't go into.

Except for the very first one, the only other GTA I've never played was San Andreas, should be fun.

Man Fallout 4 could've been SO much better. With everything. Downtown Boston should've been a ****in' hive of interactivity, and in many spots it was literally empty.

Strange, cuz  NW DC in Fallout 3 was a shooting gallery, and it seemed like you could go more places there than in the more sparse sections of the map. You'd think they'd want to improve on that with 3's spiritual successor.

If anyone here is interested in an OLED Switch, a backup preorder I had was delivered last week while I was on vacation.

If anyone wants to buy it for cost ($371 after tax) let me know.  It's the neon red/blue one.

I'm going to return it this weekend if I don't have any takers.

I'm in Rockville but would be willing to ship it too if you cover shipping charges.

Let me know if interested.

On 10/21/2021 at 4:57 PM, No Excuses said:

ME TOO. ITS SO ****ING GOOD. 

I’m on PS4 and only about 3 hours in. Still getting the hang of the fighting mechanics, but it will be oh so satisfying when i have it down. 

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Everyone loves open world stuff nowadays but big ass empty open spaces don't do anything for me. Give me smaller worlds with more detail everytime.

I have no interest in GTA anymore. Even a GTA 6 wouldn't get me going at this point.

I would take a more immersive linear game over an open world game 10/10 times.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1