Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recommended Posts

Alan Wake remaster just released.  I was always intrigued by this game.  Being a PS guy, I never had the game, but it looked interesting, I really liked the flashlight mechanics and how it worked.  It is only $30 so I am tempted to grab it on PS5, but I also thinking just wait for it to drop in price/go on sale/end up as a free PS+ game because reading reviews they said this is more of just a graphics update not a complete rebuild so the controls will feel outdated and not up to par.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Alan Wake remaster just released.  I was always intrigued by this game.  Being a PS guy, I never had the game, but it looked interesting, I really liked the flashlight mechanics and how it worked.  It is only $30 so I am tempted to grab it on PS5, but I also thinking just wait for it to drop in price/go on sale/end up as a free PS+ game because reading reviews they said this is more of just a graphics update not a complete rebuild so the controls will feel outdated and not up to par.


it was a lot of fun when it came out. Not sure how it will have aged at this point even with a remaster 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Makes no sense to buy the new switch imo

I'm getting it.  Also have extras to try and cover the cost of it but if not I'm going to just return em.  Already selling one to a buddy at cost.

 

The battery in my launch one isn't right.  If I leave it off the dock for like a week+, when I go to plug it in the dock, it's dead and I can't even play it on the dock for like 15 minutes until it has enough juice.  And this happens often because my son has his own Switch and his is usually in there.

 

Also when I go on vacation, I have it fully charged before I leave.  When I turn it on at the airport it's at like 95% so it loses 5% when powered completely off.

 

The new OLED one lasts like 6+ hours.  My launch one is 3 hours so won't even last a full flight depending where I go.

 

For some reason too my son's Switch wifi stopped working.  I haven't called Nintendo yet (did chat - told me to call) but for the time being, when docked, I have a USB dongle to plug an ethernet cable into.  With the new dock, I can get rid of that dongle since it has a network port built in.

 

And I can sell my OG launch one (and plan to) for like $300+ because it's unpatched which means it can be modded and they are more valuable.

 

So yeah, plenty of reasons to get a new one, for me at least.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we ever decide to get a second switch I will get the OLED one, but at this time the original console we have still works great so I don't feel the need to replace it anytime soon.  My kids usually play it docked anyway so battery issues don't seem to affect them much.  I did replace the switch controllers though because they were drifting badly.  I actually went with a 3rd party manufacturer and they work fantastic.  The vibration/rumble function is way more intense and the controllers themselves are a bit wider so they feel better in non-child hands as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I start playing my switch again im totally going to get the OLED one. It looks great. And my launch original just doesn't run like it used to. Im the mark, I know. 

 

Totally gonna get Metroid. 

 

 

Unfortunately I only have eyes for FFXIV right now. But one day I will tire of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, purbeast said:

Anyone else getting Metroid Dread tomorrow and/or the OLED Switch?

I'll probably pick up Dread soon.  Not sure when.

 

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Makes no sense to buy the new switch imo

If you play Handheld a lot, the OLED screen should make for better picture.  With Halloween coming up, the deeper blacks you can get with OLED could be nice for some horror games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just put like 2 hours into Metroid Dread and defeated the first boss.  The game is pretty awesome.  It's fast paced and it's difficult.  There are some enemies (the E.M.M.I.) that are kind of not fun because they are stressful to be around, but it's challenging.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, No Excuses said:

Battlefield 2042 is fun but super glitchy. Hard to imagine they get it patched up in a playable state by release next month. 

I read online the version we got is already patched up. Which doesn’t make any sense. Why would they give us a glitch beta on purpose. But that’s what I heard and expectations are the game will be a lot less buggy at launch. 
 

im upset that if your pc you can’t invite ps5 or Xbox x/s players to your party. The feature is disabled for now but will be available at launch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2021 at 12:02 PM, purbeast said:

Anyone else getting Metroid Dread tomorrow and/or the OLED Switch?

I completed Metroid dread while listening to an audio book, all after my kid was asleep.  I consider this peak adult gaming.  
 

Great game if you like Metroid, and I do.  Grew up playing it.  Feels exactly like it should and has a lot of boss fights.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Destino said:

I completed Metroid dread while listening to an audio book, all after my kid was asleep.  I consider this peak adult gaming.  
 

Great game if you like Metroid, and I do.  Grew up playing it.  Feels exactly like it should and has a lot of boss fights.

Damn you beat that **** quick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Damn you beat that **** quick.


An alien threat had to be put down.  No time to dawdle!
 

Honestly though, it wasn’t that fast.  About 10 hours of total game play and I didn’t stop to get all the items.

 

On 10/8/2021 at 10:23 PM, purbeast said:

Just put like 2 hours into Metroid Dread and defeated the first boss.  The game is pretty awesome.  It's fast paced and it's difficult.  There are some enemies (the E.M.M.I.) that are kind of not fun because they are stressful to be around, but it's challenging.  

The EMMI get tougher as you progress.  The blue one is an asshole.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Dead tweet.

 

Nintendo fanboys started making fun of his lady (even doxxing her) so he took the post down. Basic comparison was the level os graphics in the new Metroid 2d game vs God of War (I think) and how both cost $60 to purchase. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

 

Nintendo fanboys started making fun of his lady (even doxxing her) so he took the post down. Basic comparison was the level os graphics in the new Metroid 2d game vs God of War (I think) and how both cost $60 to purchase. 

Ah gotcha.

 

Dumb comparison though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Almost 200 hours into Kingdom Come. I still have half of the main quest to do. It looks like most of the side quests and activities are done. Currently have 24k Groschen. My most coveted trophy was the serial killer trophy. Got it.

 

I didn't think this game was going to take me 5 months to complete.

  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 3:41 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

Almost 200 hours into Kingdom Come. I still have half of the main quest to do. It looks like most of the side quests and activities are done. Currently have 24k Groschen. My most coveted trophy was the serial killer trophy. Got it.

 

I didn't think this game was going to take me 5 months to complete.

 

Yeah it's not necessarily a long game. Just takes forever to get anywhere, on top of wandering aimlessly trying to get some of the hidden loot (which is some of the best pieces in the game)

 

......

Gonna try and fire up Deathloop this weekend, if I have time. Any of you gumps played it yet?

Edited by Mr. Sinister
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

Yeah it's not necessarily a long game. Just takes forever to get anywhere, on top of wandering aimlessly trying to get some of the hidden loot (which is some of the best pieces in the game)

 

......

Gonna try and fire up Deathloop this weekend, if I have time. Any of you gumps played it yet?


I imagine that I’ve done most of the side quests plus a few of the dlc. I’m on main quest 17/29 and currently taking care of Pribyslavitz. I’m thinking of just running the main quest now, just to finish.

 

can’t wait to get a PS5 and Deathloop. Just no money right now ☹️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...