Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The Forgotten City is on gamepass. It is fantastic. 

For anyone that doesn’t know, it started as a Skyrim mod and then became its own separate game. It uses the Skyrim engine so the graphics are kinda rough but the game is very impressive considering it was made by essentially a 3 person team over 4 years. 

The game involves an ancient Roman city hidden underground. There are 23 people in the city. The city has never committed a sin and they believe if any person commits a sin, they will all die. You are tasked with investigating everyone in the city, finding out who is about to commit the sin that will doom them all, and unravel their secrets and motivations before it’s too late. 

The game feels like a combination of the original Bioshock in terms of atmosphere as you discover  this hidden utopia where something goes terribly wrong, and then The Outer Wilds where you are set loose in a world to uncover its mysteries and piece a gigantic puzzle together. Which works great for me since those are two games I adore. Even has a bit of Majora’s Mask in the way that the side quests in that game work since everyone is on their own schedule and there is a day/night cycle so there is a lot to keep up with. 

the gameplay is simple. You spend your

time engaging in Bethesda style conversations and exploring the city. You use your mind, not your fists to solve encounters and earn trust and piece together the puzzle. I’m taking notes on my phone to help track everyone 

im about 5 hours in. Haven’t figured it out yet but I am loving it right now 

I was really excited about this game and got it off of GamePass a few weeks ago. I played it for about ten minutes and quit playing. It wasn't bad or anything, I was just so tired at the time that I couldn't continue. I hope to pick it back up very soon and give it a worthwhile go before my GamePass runs out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Where does one buy a 12 year old relic like that? 

I refuse to acknowledge that it is that old.  I'm not that old yet.

But also it's available on PS4 and PC, so you should probably be able to get it digitally.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Haha 2

If you don’t want to play a relic like Heavy Rain, but you are interested in that style, try Detroit Become Human. Same company and same style of play just newer. I read earlier that Heavy Rain hasn’t held up over the years. But, I can’t vouch for that, I played it when it first came out and haven’t touched it since.

also, I just got PSNow. I have about 10 games downloaded to play. Working through TLOU2 currently. Detroit Become Human is on there. You can get a 7 day free trial to see if it is for you. If it is, a year membership is about $5 a month. A lot of good games have been put on there the last few months.

also, this site is a good way to keep up with PSNow offerings: https://psnowguide.com

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Scored a PS5 (finally!) off of Amazon this morning. Mostly free (thank you shopkick). 

Now to figure out what game(s) to get it for it. Also..now to trade in/sell the PS4 Pro. 

I sold my PS4 Pro on Facebook and got $250 for it.  Think I had it listed at $300 and accepted $250 for it.  This was right after PS5 launched though not sure how much they are worth now.

(Just for reference)

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I sold my PS4 Pro on Facebook and got $250 for it.  Think I had it listed at $300 and accepted $250 for it.  This was right after PS5 launched though not sure how much they are worth now.

(Just for reference)

Allegedly Gamestop is offering 325 tic. We will see tomorrow after I wipe it. Picked up Deathloop online for $25 there this morning for in store pickup. 

I paid $381 for the Destiny PS 4 Pro in 2017 so if I do get $325, that'd be more than acceptable. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

People finally getting PS5's? Finally!!!

BF2042 is kind of mixed so far. It's okay but needs more work. That doesn't mean it's bad. It's not.

BF2042 is ****ing horrible.  There is not one good thing about it. I wish I never dropped $100 on it to get that **** a week early.  

Edit:  The portal is ok if you can find a decent server that doesn't **** up.  But you get no weapon XP (from what I've read), only rank XP.  There is no hardcore gamemode on any of the gamemodes offerred (outside of custom servers) and having to unload a 1/2 clip to full clip to get one kill is ****ing rediculous.  This is most definitely the worst battlefield game ever released, imo.  And the fact they had 3 years since the last one was released and this is the best they can do is ****ing pathetic.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

ive heard it’s a dumpster fire. Man that’s sucks 

I've played 30 hours of it so far. It's not complete failure but it's clearly unfinished and being patched.

My advise is to just hold off until the game is fixed in a few weeks. BF has always had iffy launches

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

ive heard it’s a dumpster fire. Man that’s sucks 

It is, was not worth $100 to play a week early.

10 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I've played 30 hours of it so far. It's not complete failure but it's clearly unfinished and being patched.

My advise is to just hold off until the game is fixed in a few weeks. BF has always had iffy launches

The whole game sucks right now, imo.  No hardcore mode, can't play smaller gamemodes like TDM, etc.  Hazard Zone is not fun at all, well I've only played it once, so will give it a chance.  I know that the appeal of Battlefield is large scale combat, I get that, but I liked the previous versions better, especially ones that offered team deathmatch, because I enjoy leveling up my ranks/weapons in that gamemode.    

If they had a hardcore option for each of the game modes and included it in the classic maps in the portal, I'd be a lot more satisfied.  I feel like I played $100 to alpha test a game in development with limited access to the entire game.

On 11/21/2021 at 10:21 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

If you don’t want to play a relic like Heavy Rain, but you are interested in that style, try Detroit Become Human. Same company and same style of play just newer. I read earlier that Heavy Rain hasn’t held up over the years. But, I can’t vouch for that, I played it when it first came out and haven’t touched it since.

also, I just got PSNow. I have about 10 games downloaded to play. Working through TLOU2 currently. Detroit Become Human is on there. You can get a 7 day free trial to see if it is for you. If it is, a year membership is about $5 a month. A lot of good games have been put on there the last few months.

also, this site is a good way to keep up with PSNow offerings: https://psnowguide.com

And on PC, there's currently a Humble Bundle with Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, and a discount on Detroit Become Human.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/choose-wisely-bundle?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_choosewiselybundle_bundle

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I have BF2042 for PC and it’s unplayable because when I plug in my controller the buttons get mapped in very odd configuration. I didn’t have this problem in the beta. Makes no sense. Pressing the left trigger makes my character look up. 

Use your keyboard 

16 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I have BF2042 for PC and it’s unplayable because when I plug in my controller the buttons get mapped in very odd configuration. I didn’t have this problem in the beta. Makes no sense. Pressing the left trigger makes my character look up. 

Depending on your controller type, look for a switch on the bottom of the controller. I had a Logitech controller that could be configured in two different ways. One was was for the triggers to be registered as buttons when you press them. The other way was for the triggers to be actual triggers that you can partially push down. On particularly old games, the trigger configuration made all the controls as wonky as you were mentioning. A brand new Battlefield shouldn't have that problem, but I'd check anyway.

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Use your keyboard 

Ew

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Depending on your controller type, look for a switch on the bottom of the controller. I had a Logitech controller that could be configured in two different ways. One was was for the triggers to be registered as buttons when you press them. The other way was for the triggers to be actual triggers that you can partially push down. On particularly old games, the trigger configuration made all the controls as wonky as you were mentioning. A brand new Battlefield shouldn't have that problem, but I'd check anyway.

I’m using a PS5 controller and I don’t have any of those switches. In the beta absolutely no problems with my controller. 

i don’t understand. The left joystick inputs are the square and circle button now. It could be my controller but I doubt it. It works fine for other games on origin. I am going to try a PS4 controller once I get back but dumb bugs like these are frustrating. I got the game for free, if I had wasted money I would be a lot more agitated. 

Fair enough. Origin has been a mixed bag for me for controllers. On PC Madden, it's registering my Bluetooth connected XBox 1 controller as 2 controllers connected at the same time. If I press the left analog stick, the game picks it up as moving it twice. If I plug the controller in by wire, it's picked up as 1 single controller. The the Bluetooth controller is the worst controller I've ever bought and I mostly blame Microsoft for it, but I'm happy to lay blame on EA anyway.

Edited by NickyJ