Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

man I been playing for weeks and just got to the north part of the map. Guess it drags out when you stop to take a picture every 5 steps and during every battle plus having to get every flower in the game so Jin can just drop swagoo on those mongols in the best and most colorful outfits 

I played through twice and never once took a picture.  

Those ****ing gold birds tho.....I'd be right in the middle of some important quest to save someone and if I see a bird, I have to chase it.  I'm like the dog from UP with squirrels.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Been playing Hades a bit while having games on the past 2 nights.  The game is a little addicting lol.

Thats a good one to play with a game on in the background. My GamePass ran out, so no more Hades for me. I'll pick it up when it goes under $20.

10 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Thats a good one to play with a game on in the background. My GamePass ran out, so no more Hades for me. I'll pick it up when it goes under $20.

I'm playing it on Switch in handheld mode while I got games on the projector.

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'm playing it on Switch in handheld mode while I got games on the projector.

I bought a smaller tv just so I could play my Xbox and watch some of the lesser games, best idea I've ever had.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The other PS5 game i got for Xmas was Bloodborne.  

I tend to avoid extremely difficult games (I turned off Sekiro after about 15 minutes). Am I going to hate it?

From my knowledge, yes.

18 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That's the one. 

That is the one and only Souls game I have played and it's fantastic.  It is hard, yes, but it is not like unfairly hard.  Every time you die it's because you get your ass kicked, but like in a fair way.  It's hard to explain until you play it.  But like when you die, you pretty much know what you did wrong and missed a dodge or something like that.

I also didn't really know anything about leveling up or anything and I didn't look up guides online or anything.  I did start to explore a bit online though as far as like items to use, etc.  

It's a really awesome game though and don't let the first level make you give up.  I probably spent like 4 hours on the very first level (1-1) and then once you beat it, it "opens up".  

I really like how it's done though in the sense that sure if you die, you have to start the level over and lose all your gains from that run, but I like how the shortcuts are permanent and all your upgrades, etc too.

• Thanks 1

I got a switch a couple of christmases ago. I barely touched it. My wife has been playing animal crossing and Stardew valley. 

I got her to sit down and play It Takes Two on the PS4 with me. Afterwards we played Yoku’s Island Express on the switch. That was unique and fun. Next, I suggested Breath of the Wild, the main reason I wanted the switch, but never played it. She will want to play the Harry Potter RPG when it comes out, so I told her she needs to get some experience with RPG. 

she doesn’t like playing games where you die. But she is loving Breath. I am loving Breath of the Wild. Maybe I can get her to turn the corner and play more RPGs. It’s been fun

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I got a switch a couple of christmases ago. I barely touched it. My wife has been playing animal crossing and Stardew valley. 

I got her to sit down and play It Takes Two on the PS4 with me. Afterwards we played Yoku’s Island Express on the switch. That was unique and fun. Next, I suggested Breath of the Wild, the main reason I wanted the switch, but never played it. She will want to play the Harry Potter RPG when it comes out, so I told her she needs to get some experience with RPG. 

she doesn’t like playing games where you die. But she is loving Breath. I am loving Breath of the Wild. Maybe I can get her to turn the corner and play more RPGs. It’s been fun

I rarely have time to finish games anymore.  I finished BotW and the DLCs.  Truly a masterpiece.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Yoku is fantastic, loved every minute of that game.

Switch is by far my most played console out of that, PS5, and Xbox Series X.

PSVR2 officially named ... PSVR2!

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/04/playstation-vr2-and-playstation-vr2-sense-controller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/

Some more info given out about it at CES today.  

Looks like Guerilla has a HZD game coming exclusive to PSVR2 as well, built from the ground up for it.

I will preorder PSVR2 as soon as it's available for preorder.

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Can't say that I'd classify Breath of the Wild as an RPG.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Yoku is fantastic, loved every minute of that game.

Switch is by far my most played console out of that, PS5, and Xbox Series X.

we both loved Yoku

prior to just recently, I only played a Mario game, Cuphead and BroForce. But, if this gets my wife playing more then great. Breath of the Wild is the first game that isn’t a side scroller that I’ve played on he Switch, it is fantastic. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

40 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Can't say that I'd classify Breath of the Wild as an RPG.

I feel it’s an RPG light. Maybe not as in depth as it could be. Of course, I think my definition of RPG is a lot looser than most peoples. But, it’s more RPG than any of the other games she’s played previously. If this is an introduction into more of that world, which she is enjoying, then great.

She’s really into the management side. Loves finding better weapons and upgrading the character She usually, gives me the controller when there is a boss to play, but she’s trying them out on occasion. Her problem is moving the camera while she plays. She’s really great at getting the worst view she can. I think there is a lock on button, I just remembered, I have to look that up.

So I've pretty much given up on my backlog. Bought a nice Seagate 5tb external hard drive to store all of it on (bc bare bones PS5 storage is total ass).

Can't wait for HZD2 to drop. Gonna jump back on 1 this weekend and try to finish up that absurdly hard DLC (Frozen Wilds). Forbidden West looks like a generational banger.

16 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Demon Souls will definitely teach you to think defense first. 

I do want grab it for PS5 since it's been a dozen or so years since I first played it. 

Same. Sometimes when I come home late and turn on Pluto TV, I go to the gaming channels and still find cats doing speed runs in Demon/Dark Souls, and I start getting that competitive  itch.

• Like 1

Recently beat TLOU2. Loved it. Why did people hate the story? I didn’t read about it prior to buying, but I thought the story was great and really interesting with playing both characters. 

in the middle of Detroit Become Human. I loved the first episode then the next couple were boring. But the further I go the better it gets. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Recently beat TLOU2. Loved it. Why did people hate the story? I didn’t read about it prior to buying, but I thought the story was great and really interesting with playing both characters. 

It was just a vocal minority who hated it for some of the reasons below.

Spoiler

1. Joel was killed and killed early on.  People just cried because they didn't want him to die and the story did not go the way they would have it go.

2. People cried because you had to play as Abby who is this manly chick you hate at first and then they tried to make you have feels for her.

3. People cried because they wove a transgender into the story.

That is basically it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1