Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Forgot to add. I grew up with the OG Dooms. 3 felt like they tried to make it more creepy, which really wasn't its forte. In my mind it's always been Action-Horror. I could never really vibe with it

Yeah, Doom 3 desperately wanted to be a survival/horror game rather than the action-horror it began as.  And it made some questionable decision to make that work.  Can't use a flashlight and gun at the same time while making you crawl through almost exclusively dark corridors?  I love that one of the first mods for it was called "duct tape" that would attach a flashlight to your gun.

7 hours ago, kfrankie said:

Yeah i was hoping it would be like Doom 2 but with better graphics.  Seems like its really complicated, and I can't be past part of the first level because I can't double jump high enough to grab a bar to get through one section.  Where the hell is "IDCLIP" when you need it?

I remember it being "IDSPISPOPD" in the original doom.

Anyone ever play Heretic?  That was a fantasy/shooter built on the Doom engine, and they built in some easter-eggs that would punish you for trying to use doom cheat codes.  Try to put in the god-mode cheat, and it'll kill you.  Put in the Keys, Firearms, and Ammo cheat, and it will take away all of your weapons.

20 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Yeah, Doom 3 desperately wanted to be a survival/horror game rather than the action-horror it began as.  And it made some questionable decision to make that work.  Can't use a flashlight and gun at the same time while making you crawl through almost exclusively dark corridors?  I love that one of the first mods for it was called "duct tape" that would attach a flashlight to your gun.

I remember it being "IDSPISPOPD" in the original doom.

Anyone ever play Heretic?  That was a fantasy/shooter built on the Doom engine, and they built in some easter-eggs that would punish you for trying to use doom cheat codes.  Try to put in the god-mode cheat, and it'll kill you.  Put in the Keys, Firearms, and Ammo cheat, and it will take away all of your weapons.

IDCLIP let you walk straight through walls.  There was also a berserk mode that made you invincible.  Ahh... back when video games were nearly outlawed, but were simple and the controller had 4 buttons...

16 hours ago, tshile said:

Yup. And hexen :)

grew up on that and doom and wolfenstein. 

At the beginning of the last level on Doom II where you can hear a demonic message.  My buddy and I spent like 5 hours trying to tape it and play it backwards, and still couldn't tell what the **** it meant. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kfrankie said:

IDCLIP let you walk straight through walls.  There was also a berserk mode that made you invincible.  Ahh... back when video games were nearly outlawed, but were simple and the controller had 4 buttons...

IDCLIP was the code for doom 2.  Before that, IDSPISPOPD was the no-clip code.  IDDQD was invincibility.  IDKFA for Keys Firearms and Ammo.  I think there may have also been IDFA if you didn't want the keys.

4 hours ago, kfrankie said:

At the beginning of the last level on Doom II where you can hear a demonic message.  My buddy and I spent like 5 hours trying to tape it and play it backwards, and still couldn't tell what the **** it meant. 

And if you used the no-clip cheat to walk through the Icon Of Sin, you'd see the thing you're actually damaging when you shoot through the hole is the disembodied head of John Romero.

20 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Who has the Xbox Series X? Is it worth it? I rarely play anymore, but I just got a nice bonus and figured I'd blow it on something stupid

I don't think it is at all.  I have PS5, XSX, and Switch.  I've had them all since their launch.

Switch by far gets played the most with PS5 next and XSX a distant 3rd.  I've pretty much only played Gears of War 5 on it, an X1 game.  I started Doom Eternal too but didn't really like it, but again, an X1 game.  I have no desire to play Halo really and I  used to love it.  I also don't care for Forza.

If you are into Forza, Gears, and Halo I'd say it's worth it.  Other than that, there really is nothing on it you can't get elsewhere.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I don't think it is at all.  I have PS5, XSX, and Switch.  I've had them all since their launch.

Switch by far gets played the most with PS5 next and XSX a distant 3rd.  I've pretty much only played Gears of War 5 on it, an X1 game.  I started Doom Eternal too but didn't really like it, but again, an X1 game.  I have no desire to play Halo really and I  used to love it.  I also don't care for Forza.

If you are into Forza, Gears, and Halo I'd say it's worth it.  Other than that, there really is nothing on it you can't get elsewhere.

Thank you, that's good to know. I usually just play games like Battlefield, COD, GTA, and NBA2k/Madden/MLB the Show....not really into Halo, but could get into Forza

15 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Thank you, that's good to know. I usually just play games like Battlefield, COD, GTA, and NBA2k/Madden/MLB the Show....not really into Halo, but could get into Forza

If you are into that I would get PS5. PS5 has better exclusives in my opinion and all of those other games you mention are on PS5 too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Forza is a great game though, best racing game out there between sony and microsoft.

Forza has been stale as **** since like part 3.  It's the same old **** with better graphics.  They even have a lot of the same tracks since they are real tracks.  Simulation racing in general is boring as hell to me now a days though.

I enjoyed Forza Horizon as well but same thing - by part 3 I had no interest because it was just more of the same.

I want a DC based GTA-type game where you make your way up the chain as a driver/courier for congress/political people (e.g. driving them to events, hiding bodies, covering up scandals, etc). I think it would be pretty damn awesome, especially if they make the city realistic and include the suburbs too

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I want a DC based GTA-type game where you make your way up the chain as a driver/courier for congress/political people (e.g. driving them to events, hiding bodies, covering up scandals, etc). I think it would be pretty damn awesome, especially if they make the city realistic and include the suburbs too

I was really disappointed that they never made a True Crime: DC game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I was really disappointed that they never made a True Crime: DC game.

There would be way too much pushback from the political hacks/media. Not even the ballsiest of devs would touch that.

I just want a game set in a reasonably sized world where you have a plot that you can approach from various angles (as a detective, street cop, patrol/SWAT, etc.

Somewhere between Time Crisis and The Getaway

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Wanted to throw this out to the gaming experts.  I'm playing Diablo 3 on the switch and having a lot of fun with Necromancer.  If I wanted to play a game where I command a hoard of minions (more the better), what would be some of the suggestions?

19 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

SO MANY opportunities for side quests.  And by "make your way up the chain" I would say you start as a driver, then become a Hill staffer, then eventually a congressperson yourself.  All the while doing all kinds of depraved **** and backstabbing your rivals.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Wanted to throw this out to the gaming experts.  I'm playing Diablo 3 on the switch and having a lot of fun with Necromancer.  If I wanted to play a game where I command a hoard of minions (more the better), what would be some of the suggestions?

This might be what you're looking for?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/undead-horde-switch/

Haven't played it but it's definitely on my list. 🤓

• Thanks 1