Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

I just can't see what he has shown to be a worth a 3rd plus what's left of his contract. It is a big risk on inconsistency. 

I rather risk a 3rd and a full rookie contract on Newman or the other three often mentioned 3rd rounders of Mond, Millls and Trask. I am sure one or two will reach the 3rd round. They can sit a year behind Fitz and Heinicke

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I just can't see what he has shown to be a worth a 3rd plus what's left of his contract. It is a big risk on inconsistency. 

I rather risk a 3rd and a full rookie contract on Newman or the other three often mentioned 3rd rounders of Mond, Millls and Trask. I am sure one or two will reach the 3rd round. They can sit a year behind Fitz and Heinicke

Agreed, it is a steep price for a one year trial run, worse still as a backup to Fitz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe their best option would be to wait until after the 1st round of the draft.  That's when things will pickup, I would think.

5 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

This is a total misdirection play.  They know who their starting quarterback will be this year.

Yep, you don't pay Fitz 10 mill this year to be a backup.  These writers aren't writers anymore.  In this day and age, they seemed to have graduated from National Enquiry University.  

49 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Can we stop the Darnold talk? It’s not going to happen nor should it. He’s damaged goods.

Still not clear who is going to trade for Darnold at this point. He has one year left on his deal. Is someone really giving up a third rounder for a guy to ride the pine for a year? I suppose it could happen, I'm just not sure who it makes sense for. Denver? Chicago? This whole thing seems made up by the media

7 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

This is a total misdirection play.  They know who their starting quarterback will be this year.

Agreed. There's maybe a 5 % chance they draft a QB. It would have to be someone they just love that falls in their lap. I doubt that happens

8 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Not necessarily. Fitz is 38 years old and he's clearly a one or maybe two year bridge until we can find our own young franchise guy. This is a pretty QB heavy draft. It probably depends on who falls to where. Perhaps they'll go for a developmental guy in the 2nd or 3rd like Mond or Newman. They can't just forget about finding their QB of the future because we have Fitz on the team this season.

KC had Alex Smith and had just come off of a playoff year when they traded up and took Mahomes at 10.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

I'm just not sure who it makes sense for. Denver? Chicago? This whole thing seems made up by the media

I'm looking at Den, Chi, NE, Car, and Hou. Whichever one is not able to grab a top 5 QB in the draft, since 3 will be going to Jax, NY and SF.

It will get to a point where you have to put something on the grill, even if its pork butt.

https://i.redd.it/379h4vgsy7941.jpg

Lets call it the Chi Bears Andy Dalton special.

From Matt Miller

9. Fun With Numbers

Most picks: Eagles (11)

Fewest picks: Seahawks (3)

I don’t think Russell Wilson is being moved this off-season, but if he were, the Eagles have to be a favorite to go after him given their current and future draft capital.

If that situation were to continue deteriorating, I’d keep a close eye on Philly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

9. Fun With Numbers

Most picks: Eagles (11)

Fewest picks: Seahawks (3)

I don’t think Russell Wilson is being moved this off-season, but if he were, the Eagles have to be a favorite to go after him given their current and future draft capital.

If that situation were to continue deteriorating, I’d keep a close eye on Philly.

If I were Philly, NE, Chic or Carolina I would be checking in on Seattle and probably Houston every couple days. Houston for if things start breaking for Watson I'd want to be first in on getting him.

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

If I were Philly, NE, Chic or Carolina I would be checking in on Seattle and probably Houston every couple days.

Uhh no how about teams NOT give that much leeway to a serial rapist who currently has 22 accusers, soon to be lawsuits against him.

I posted this on the draft thread but it goes well here too:

On another note, I've heard enough from Keim (including this morning) that they are targeting a specific QB on the 2nd day of the draft.  The kicker for me on this was Standig (who I think is the 2nd most plugged in reporter) shifting from they aren't going QB in the draft to they might and even gave a nugget of who he heard they might like:  Davis Mills.  

I think its safe to guess they like either Mills or Trask or both of them.

Keim added this morning, they aren't going to take a QB just to take one, they have a specific target in mine and will likely do it if they are there.  They (he and Sheehan discussed) which QB would they discard, they both guessed its more likely Kyle but also considered Heinicke in play to be discarded too depending on how training camp went.   So apparently its not QB or bust where they are going to take any flier and roll the dice.  Seems like they have a specific target or two. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Uhh no how about teams NOT give that much leeway to a serial rapist who currently has 22 accusers, soon to be lawsuits against him.

Of course I posted 2 sentences and you quoted only one, lol. Certainly they aren't going to trade for him today.

He is a top QB just like Big Ben was. If this was to turn teams and fans have a way of getting over accusations. Also see Ray Lewis.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On another note, I've heard enough from Keim (including this morning) that they are targeting a specific QB on the 2nd day of the draft.  The kicker for me on this was Standig (who I think is the 2nd most plugged in reporter) shifting from they aren't going QB in the draft to they might and even gave a nugget of who he heard they might like:  Davis Mills.  

Keim added this morning, they aren't going to take a QB just to take one, they have a specific target in mine and will likely do it if they are there.  They (he and Sheehan discussed) which QB would they discard, they both guessed its more likely Kyle but also considered Heinicke in play to be discarded too depending on how training camp went.   So apparently its not QB or bust where they are going to take any flier and roll the dice.  Seems like they have a specific target or two. 

I think Mills is a pretty big reach in the 2nd or 3rd personally. I see Trask as a 3rd rounder at best, Mills as a 4th at best. But positional value comes into play so I wouldn't be surprised if both go higher than that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mills is way over drafted if the WFT selects him in the 2nd!  Trask has been projected by many a draft guru to the WFT in the 2nd.  Man, we got to wait a long time until the draft, eh?

Trask is an UDFA talent. There’s zero upside with him. People are just looking at the stats and thinking he’s good like they did with Haskins.

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Of course I posted 2 sentences and you quoted only one, lol. Certainly they aren't going to trade for him today.

He is a top QB just like Big Ben was. If this was to turn teams and fans have a way of getting over accusations. Also see Ray Lewis.

22 women > 1

On 3/27/2021 at 4:58 PM, Vanguard said:

I want Kyle Allen to be my starter.  I’ve been saying it since the end of last year. Pleeeeeeeaaassseeee

I feel like he’s the most consistent and has the best mobility for those that don’t understand.

He had a five game win streak as a panther.  I don’t care who they played that’s impressive.

Edited by Vanguard

People stanning for Darnold and Kyle Allen in here but saying that Fields would destroy the franchise is a strange look.

35 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

He had a five game win streak as a panther.  I don’t care who they played that’s impressive.

I take it you haven't seen Kyle play for Carolina

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

People stanning for Darnold and Kyle Allen in here but saying that Fields would destroy the franchise is a strange look.

I take it you haven't seen Kyle play for Carolina

No.  But I watched him play for us.