Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Carolina is screwed.  Atlanta isn't trading inside the division to move down.  If Atlanta doesn't want to take a QB at 4 (and decides to not take Sewell, Chase, or Pitts at 4), then Denver or NE are the prime trade up teams.  Would Denver offer #9+#71+2022 1st to move up?  That's a steep price for the 4th rated QB in this draft.  

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

How about the SF trade Jimmy G then pick up Alex Smith to mentor the rookie they take at #3. Slightly off topic I guess.

Alex would be a great mentor. Issue is you don't know how long you can count on him to be healthy.

They have Josh Rosen still right? Not that he is a mentor lol, he needs one as much as the rookie QB

Edited by DWinzit
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Alex would be a great mentor. Issue is you don't know how long you can count on him to be healthy.

They have Josh Rosen still right? Not that he is a mentor lol, he needs one as much as the rookie QB

I really don’t see them keeping Jimmy. There bluffing due to his no trade clause. They will have to give the #3 pick best part of 25mil in cash instantly, so to then pay Jimmy G 24mil as well. Forget the cap, that’s 50mil cash outlay. No chance.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I really don’t see them keeping Jimmy. There bluffing due to his no trade clause. They will have to give the #3 pick best part of 25mil in cash instantly, so to then pay Jimmy G 24mil as well. Forget the cap, that’s 50mil cash outlay. No chance.

Didn't WFT set a rule that Alex must be paid at least $25 mill a year and not be required to play?  :806:

I bet they have already had discussion with at least one team about Jimmy G.

• Haha 1

I think it's really unlikely that a team will give a roster spot to Alex. IMO his best bet is to retire and then get a job as a QB coach. He'll be an excellent one, can make plenty of money right off the bat, and doesn't have to worry about any more injuries.

40 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think it's really unlikely that a team will give a roster spot to Alex. IMO his best bet is to retire and then get a job as a QB coach. He'll be an excellent one, can make plenty of money right off the bat, and doesn't have to worry about any more injuries.

It's up to his wife.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Behold!

Darnold has very real arm talent. That’s why these pro day workouts don’t move the needle. Especially because it isn’t a centralized testing location at the same time and place. Who knows how accurate these numbers are.

• Like 2

Riddick, same dude who worshipped Haskins, same dude who built the ridiculous Eagles "dream team" and hasn't been able to get a job since.  i admit at one point I liked him from the context of he's so good on TY but the more I divved into him as a personnel guy -- I can see why he's struggled to get a job over the years.

https://www.radio.com/thefandc/articles/dwayne-haskins-is-twice-the-qb-rgiii-was-louis-riddick-says

“Dwayne Haskins is twice the thrower of Robert Griffin,” Riddick said this week on "The John Keim Report" podcast. “He’s twice the quarterback. Robert Griffin was never a good pocket quarterback. . . . When it came to 3rd down, (when he was) sitting in the pocket and you don't have the benefit of play action and it's 3rd-and-6, 3rd-and-7 plus, then they know, 'Now we've got you boxed in, now we can start doing some things to you.' He folded like a lawn chair. That was not his forte, he didn't have the football intellect of Dwayne Haskins."

Speaking of Haskins, Riddick added: "This is a legit, legit franchise quarterback, and they need to protect this young man and set the table for him because he truly since I left there... they have not had anything like him since 2001. Nothing."

People need to stop with the Darnold-Tannehill comparison. Tannehill was never as bad as Darnold is now. He actually had some pretty good years. But then he got hurt and then the Gase effect hit. But he was NEVER a bottom 3 ish QB like Darnold. He was maybe average to mediocre at worst and pretty good at best.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Maybe the 9ers are going w/ Lance. 

It would certainly shock me (I like Jones very much) if the 9ers drafted Jones at #3 when he could have fallen to them at #12 or they maybe moved up a spot or two to get him.  It only makes sense that Lance is their guy. possibly Fields but Lance makes more sense, I think.

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Maybe the 9ers are going w/ Lance. 

Kyle Shananan has referred to the KC situation at QB in the past, in terms of that being a model to look back on. Jimmy G is a very expensive placeholder though, especially when a team like NE would certainly give something for him.

Breer

As for where Darnold could wind up next? I’d keep an eye on Carolina and Pittsburgh. Darnold would represent a worthy, and affordable, dart to throw at the quarterback board if the Panthers are convinced the quarterbacks they’d want will be gone by the time they pick at wight (and Atlanta having the fourth pick doesn’t help them). As for the Steelers, if the price is right they could see some similarities in how Darnold plays to how their own quarterback did in his early 20s, and throw Darnold in there to compete with Dwayne Haskins to be Ben Roethlisberger’s heir. Washington and Denver have also come up as possible landing spots, though I know each had some misgivings on his tape.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/mmqb-inside-49ers-dolphins-trade-nfl-draft