Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

48 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Things that need to be retired:

1- any and all comparisons to Brady/Belichick/NE

2- the phrase "kings ransom"

3- tweets that say anything followed by "Thats it.  Thats the tweet"

4- Colin Cowturd

I'm sure there are more.

Angry tweets ending in "Do better." or "Be better."

It's like oh yeah buddy? Or what? Who made you my boss all of a sudden 😂 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, carex said:

that's true.  But Russell Wilson was third rounder and Dak Prescott was a fourth.  Kirk was a fourth.  Nick Foles was a fourth and no matter how many times people try to replace him, he ends up starting where ever he goes.  Brees was a second.

A lot of people seem to think former 6th rounder Gardner Minshew will end up starting somewhere besides Jacksonville once Trevor Lawrence is officially on the team

Like when he got benched for Trubisky this year?

There are exceptions but its just a negative EV play to think youll find a franchise QB orneven very good starter outside of the 1st round.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So is it your view that the doctors can somehow predict, based on MRIs, whether or not Dak will be the same on the football field as he was in the past?

Dak the player was last season. Since then with a huge injury, there's no way of knowing whether that guy will actually be back to what he was. Again, it's a gamble. Some team will take it. 

I have 0 idea what will be on the reports from our medical experts, but I’d bet my left bollock it’ll read more than just he can or can’t play football, they’ll be able to make a judgement call on whether they think any physical issues will affect his play on the field

To be honest based solely on a gut feeling after watching a guy play this year who almost lost his life, Dak’ll be fine he’ll come back and at worst he may be a touch slower when rushing dependant on ligament damage

Your not wrong about that, somebody will be offering big, I reckon it’ll be Ron

24 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

This is from David Chao, former top doc for the Chargers.  He is THE source for all things football injury on the internet.  Almost never wrong.  Reviews injuries from video in real time and nails it like 99% of the time.  

Dakota will be just fine

Top stuff that 86 pal 👍

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Am I the only one that is overly tired of "but...but...Tom Brady!" references? He is one of the greatest aberrations in history...and not just sports. How many other late-QBs with this profile failed to even take a pre-season snap in the NFL?

Let me clarify......it was more about Mac Jones than Brady. The knock on Jones was athleticism and mobility. I was trying to point out that Brady had the same type issues. I will try to utilize other draft choices instead of Tom Brady in the future.

7 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

All along I laughed at the Boys who will be forced to overpay elite QB money to a QB who is not elite. Now after seeing the names Carr, Mariotta, Winston, Wentz, even Foles mentioned in this thread, and what it would cost for Watson, I'm thinking Dak may be our best option

It’s happens with QB musical chairs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I was a big fan of winning games with Smith and would love to keep doing that while we improve. It's not like getting Carr means we can't continue to improve the position.

Smith can't play anymore. You hit where he had problems last year and he misses key games. He can't physically handle football anymore. He will realize that when Ron cuts him and noone signs him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Smith can't play anymore. You hit where he had problems last year and he misses key games. He can't physically handle football anymore. He will realize that when Ron cuts him and noone signs him.

Youre probably right. We'll see. Im fine with Allen, Smith, heinicke and playing which ever is healthy enough while we groom a rookie

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The time to find the REAL answer at QB is now. Trading for a QB like Carr and then trying to beat the overwhelming odds of finding a franchise QB in the middle rounds is just not a plan.

I know you feel differently but you will never convince me that QBs like Alex and Carr are good enough. There is a reason teams with higher goals decided to move on.  

I dont think either are an answer to the question "will they carry us to a championship". I think they're good enough to keep us competitive. 

Its interesting that you'd use Smith as the example of moving on from. Thats exactly what I want to do. Be competitive with Smith (or Carr) and groom a replacement (like the chiefs did). 

That is exactly what I want to do. 

31 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Like when he got benched for Trubisky this year?

There are exceptions but its just a negative EV play to think youll find a franchise QB orneven very good starter outside of the 1st round.

so he got benched for Trubisky, Trubisky also got benched for him

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

On Facebook, I get a lot of Kurt Warner references when people try to argue how Taylor Heinicke's going to be the next stud coming from the depths of obscurity to nail down the QB position.

I personally think we get one or two games out of him and them he gets injured and done for the year.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Angry tweets ending in "Do better." or "Be better."

It's like oh yeah buddy? Or what? Who made you my boss all of a sudden 😂 

“I was today years old when I learned that...”

”I bet none of my friends have the guts to share this”

”read this before it gets taken down”

“Physicality”

The term “gaslighting” used incorrectly 

Edited by Wayne_Millner
autocorrect
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wayne_Millner said:

“I was today years old when I learned that...”

”I bet none of my friends have the guys to share this”

”read this before it gets taken down”

“Physicality”

The term “gaslighting” used incorrectly 

I was today years old when i learned that some people on ES need to do better :P 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

OMG, the rumors are in full force...silly season!

Todays flavor of the day:

Colts - Watson, Carr, Wentz, Andrew Luck coming back, Darnold

WFT - Carr, Watson, Darnold

SF - Cousins

This is why I don't put too much stock into the commentators who ended up being correct in their guesses or inside sources.

It's like betting black, red and green in roulette and bragging about being right. 

With every single possibility covered someone logically has to be right.

I know that sometimes there are leaks and sources but trying to figure out which is which is exhausting. 

• Like 3