Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

What I said in an earlier post.  We know as much about the QB situation as they do.  Read #3 from JP "They don't know the plan at QB"  Sad and unprepared.  I know I am being hard but you have to have a Plan A, B, C, D etc..  No excuses.  That should should cause pause for all those thinking about our new analytical talking heads!  Disappointment!!!

It’s interesting that you assume the local media actually has all the relevant information. Of course the FO and coaching staff aren’t going to get any more specific than “we’re looking at all our options”. There’s no reason to give more info than that to anybody. Wright himself described it as a “loose lips sink ships” ideology.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

It would also require us to look at games in Fitzpatricks first 30 games. He didn’t play much his first few years. 

A limited spectrum, but the few games I have watched when throwing Ints, it’s him creating and extending and looking to make a play, which I qualify as maybe not a gun slinger, but willing to take a risk/leave it all out there and live with the results. I respect that in a QB. 

Would be interested to learn more about his type of Ints. 

I've watched Darnold quite a bit (my in-laws are mostly Giants and Jets fans and the Jets get a lot of TV time where I live because its in AFC East country).  I even rewatched a Darnold game recenty to help talk myself into liking him.  It didn't work.

I'd if anything say i see more Alex Smith conservative play in him than Ryan Fitzpatrick gunslinger.  And the numbers certainly bear that out.  It struck me how little he stretched the field.  I didn't know until this afternoon when I looked it up that he threw long less than any other QB last season but it matched my eyes.  

Today isn't the first time I've made the point that what's striking about Darnold is how little production you get out of him even though he has all these turnovers.  It's not like Winston where he's putting up monster numbers along with picks.  Darnold is putting up meager numbers along with his turnovers.  It's that reason among some others is why i am oput on him unless I get him dirt cheap. 

It feels a lot like Rosen and how some touted his talent and how it wasn't the right fit/system in Arizona but watch out when he gets a new beginning.  Yeah you never know with Darnold.  but I'd bet against him.  Yet as I said if they decide to shoot for him, I'd go for the ride.  I am glad that so far I've never heard a peep about them being into Darnold.  But will see maybe that changes.  😧

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

What about Flacco as a one year stopgap if we cant find our guy this year?

Worst idea yet, but I bet you can do worse if you try hard enough, let’s find the cellar in this beotch. Maybe we could pull Josh McCown off the sideline? Leftwich? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Worst idea yet, but I bet you can do worse if you try hard enough, let’s find the cellar in this beotch. Maybe we could pull Josh McCown off the sideline? Leftwich? 

Trade two firsts, two seconds, and two defensive starters for Haskins.  

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It’s interesting that you assume the local media actually has all the relevant information. Of course the FO and coaching staff aren’t going to get any more specific than “we’re looking at all our options”. There’s no reason to give more info than that to anybody. Wright himself described it as a “loose lips sink ships” ideology.

We wait and see.  Again, actions speak louder than words.  With all due respect.  :)

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

COULD be in trade talks.  May he be and may Mayhew/Turney/Rivera and Associates firm get it right.  LOL.

Didn’t watch the Pats play at all, so can someone explain what they mean about Cam being ‘done’?  I know it’s not about his running, but what is it?

Just looked up his highlights and his arm looked ok, moved around the pocket to buy time.  Obviously highlights don’t tell much of a story, but it makes me wonder.  I recall Turner talking about tailoring the playbook to Cam to help his learning style, could the lack of that explain the difference in play?  Not making an argument for him, just curious.  Financially and experience-wise (and work with Turner) he seems to make some sense for the team in terms of providing a vet presence to help pave the way for a youngster (at some point).  Even if it’s just competition for Allen/Heinicke/etc.

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Didn’t watch the Pats play at all, so can someone explain what they mean about Cam being ‘done’?  I know it’s not about his running, but what is it?

Just looked up his highlights and his arm looked ok, moved around the pocket to buy time.  Obviously highlights don’t tell much of a story, but it makes me wonder.  I recall Turner talking about tailoring the playbook to Cam to help his learning style, could the lack of that explain the difference in play?  Not making an argument for him, just curious.  Financially and experience-wise (and work with Turner) he seems to make some sense for the team in terms of providing a vet presence to help pave the way for a youngster (at some point).  Even if it’s just competition for Allen/Heinicke/etc.

I'm not making an argument to bring him here either but I am convinced that, IF we don't sign or trade for another vet, Cam is going to be here as a compliment to Allen and Heinicke. I'm on record as saying this several times and I really believe, if he agrees to compete for the starting job with the others, he will be the vet we get just because of his experience and because he would have a role to contribute in short yardage and redzone situations. Most people hate this idea but I think RR will go for the known commodity that he's comfortable with and regrets not bringing Cam in here last year to compete with DH. This year, again, barring we can't find an established starter, Cam will be a cheap option that costs us zero draft picks. He's not a bad option if used correctly and if we can't find something better. QB room becomes Allen, Newton, Heinicke, rookie, Montez.....The rookie will be a key here and Newton would be signed as insurance in case the others go down along with a chance to compete.

@RWJ

They more or less put up a billboard to say that they are seriously looking around, they have a value set on the targets they are interested in, but they are not going to tell us what those targets are.

Heck Hurney flat out said that if you want to make trades you don't leak information about it.  It's all about trust among trade partners, etc.

The best analogy that hits me its lets say they like 4 stocks.  They have a set value on those 4 stocks.  If that stock becomes available and they can get it at that value then they will pull the trigger.  And if none of those stocks become available then so be it and they'd try again in 2022.

Coming from a dude who wants them to be aggressive this off season, I liked everything they said.  They flat out said they plan to be aggressive but they don't want to overpay for their targets.  I am cool with that I felt the same way.  Some of us disagree with what fair value is but that's a different debate.  The Stafford offer IMO was just right.  If Carr lets say hits the trade market then i'd bet they have a value on him, too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@RWJ

They more or less put up a billboard to say that they are seriously looking around, they have a value set on the targets they are interested in, but they are not going to tell us what those targets are.

Heck Hurney flat out said that if you want to make trades you don't leak information about it.  It's all about trust among trade partners, etc.

The best analogy that hits me its lets say they like 4 stocks.  They have a set value on those 4 stocks.  If that stock becomes available and they can get it at that value then they will pull the trigger.  And if none of those stocks become available then so be it and they'd try again in 2022.

Coming from a dude who wants them to be aggressive this off season, I liked everything they said.  They flat out said they plan to be aggressive but they don't want to overpay for their targets.  I am cool with that I felt the same way.  Some of us disagree with what fair value is but that's a different debate.  The Stafford offer IMO was just right.  If Carr lets say hits the trade market then i'd bet they have a value on him, too.

Staying positive with it, SIP. :)  Hoping! :)

• Like 1

Cam was not good the second half of the season. I mean not good at all. If you thought Jason Campbell threw dirt balls take a look at Cam's play from week 8 on. I dont know of he was injured or something. But he wasnt good. I would rather just run with Heineke, Allen and a late rounder. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Cam was not good the second half of the season. I mean not good at all. If you thought Jason Campbell threw dirt balls take a look at Cam's play from week 8 on. I dont know of he was injured or something. But he wasnt good. 

Sounds a lot like McNabb, and I’m not looking for a repeat.  Weird that it was more of an issue later in the season.  Would have thought it would be the opposite (as he got more comfortable in the system and with his receivers), maybe you’re right about an injury.  Huh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

I don't think most people here necessarily consider Carr to be a "bad option", just that they don't want to overpay for him. I wouldn't give up more than a 2nd, and the idea of giving up two 1sts is beyond laughable. 

The Raiders were not in the Stafford sweepstakes (contrary to what everyone was saying about Gruden loving Stafford) so unless the Raiders are in the D Watson sweepstakes, Carr is not an option. We'll definitely see a move at the QB position this year. Hopefully this new regime does a good job of evaluating one. But the fact that they were all in on Stafford tells me what they think about the draft. I'm sure they have contingency plans. but giving up this year's first is telling. The concern is how much time we have with this defense (to include the coach). The QB is the key to the complimentary football we haven't seen in eons. I'm not excited at all with Alex's style of play now that I've seen what Heineke was able to do with this offense. Truthfully, if DH would have gotten his ass out, he could have been the answer IMO. It just speaks to the feast or famine when picking a QB in the first round. Maybe WFT can find a young QB just on the cusp of being great and has enough experience to know what NFL defenses are trying to do and can run the offense. Pretty exciting times.

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Tiki and Tierney are discussing the latest rumor where the Raiders have put a proposal together offering Carr, Waller and 2 first round picks for Watson.

😂😂

If true, Jonny boy just hasn't learned.

• Haha 1

Expert negotiators are hard to find.  There's an art to it and no science, just the negotiators methodology.  Timing is crucial for sellers.  Buyers benefit from being patient.  When the NFL's trade scenarios come out of the gate, some team always twists the throttle wide open, 200 MPH, downhill on fire, sliding into being first, for the last time.

giphy.gif