Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Cleveland

KDawg

8 minutes ago, Rhazaghul said:

But, I was not really disagreeing with you, I was just kind of adding to your comment.  I just think that it was all on Haskins for the fumble, I didn't really see the back do anything obvious to bring on the fumble.  We both agree on the fault here, I believe.  I was just giving my extended analysis and absolving the back.  That's all.

All good! Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

No, Batman does not know...nor should he find out.  League of Shadows is no laughing matter..

batsignal.jpg

1 hour ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Truthfully we should be 0-3 and tied for the lead in the Trevor Lawrence seepstakes.

Why? We trashed the Eagles and set the tone for their season. If Seattle wins today, were still in first in the East. First quarter of the season hasn't been great, but its a long year.

29 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

If Landon Collins went to Alabama state instead of Alabama, would anyone think he was a good player??

If he wore 34 instead of 21, would Bruce and Dan have wanted to sign him? 

Ive been trying to figure why ppl think he’s good for five years now 

He had a really bad day, but he's played a lot of good football in his career.

Something was off about him today.  When guys like him who are normally aggressive suddenly look very tentative, often times they're playing through an injury.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Something was off about him today.  When guys like him who are normally aggressive suddenly look very tentative, often times they're playing through an injury.

A lot? Are we sure? 

his best year was that random aberration 11-5 season NYG had in 2017. He’s not trash like Apke but he’s simply just a nice player. That’s it 

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

he was injured first play of the game came out for one play then came back in

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

A lot? Are we sure? 

his best year was that random aberration 11-5 season NYG had in 2017. He’s not trash like Apke but he’s simply just a nice player. That’s it 

a lot of players are just nice players

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

A lot? Are we sure? 

He was voted a top 100 player in 2017 and 2018, and made three Probowls, not to mention he was an All American in college and a leader on an NC team.  You don't accomplish all of that without being a really good player.  He just hasn't found a home here in DC.  For whatever reason, he's not playing up to his capability for us.  This is a bad team and we put our guys in position to fail all of the time, so it's probably not all on him.

1 minute ago, carex said:

he was injured first play of the game came out for one play then came back in

Ah, damn.  I forgot about that.  Do you know the nature of his injury?  We're going to have a really hard time replacing him if he has to miss time, but he looked so diminished today that he's not helping us by playing through an injury either.

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He was voted a top 100 player in 2017 and 2018, and made three Probowls, not to mention he was an All American in college and a leader on an NC team.  You don't accomplish all of that without being a really good player.  He just hasn't found a home here in DC.  For whatever reason, he's not playing up to his capability for us.  This is a bad team and we put our guys in position to fail all of the time, so it's probably not all on him.

Ah, damn.  I forgot about that.  Do you know the nature of his injury?  We're going to have a really hard time replacing him if he has to miss time, but he looked so diminished today that he's not helping us by playing through an injury either.

I never heard them mention what happened, no.

59 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why? We trashed the Eagles and set the tone for their season. If Seattle wins today, were still in first in the East. First quarter of the season hasn't been great, but its a long year.

Yeah and I think 7-9 might win the NFCE.  Having to play the NFCW and AFCN this year isn't looking good.  Assuming Seattle hangs on, the NFCE will be 0-7-1 against those two divisions to this point.  The Bengals are supposed to be the easy win but if Burrow continues to improve week-to-week like he is, they'll be a tough out.  Have to focus on the divisonal games. 

4 minutes ago, drowland said:

Yeah and I think 7-9 might win the NFCE.  Having to play the NFCW and AFCN this year isn't looking good.  Assuming Seattle hangs on, the NFCE will be 0-7-1 against those two divisions to this point.  The Bengals are supposed to be the easy win but if Burrow continues to improve week-to-week like he is, they'll be a tough out.  Have to focus on the divisonal games. 

Technically at this point, if the entire division splits with each other, 4-12 wins the division!

I've only found highlights on youtube of Isaiah Wright during the off season but he impressed me.  I commented on that in threads multiple times. 

He's a big dude and he is physical and can separate.  Good returner.  Good YAC guy.    Nice start today.  He can be the Steve Sims of 2020 so to speak. 

For those who say no way we end up with a top 5 pick this coming draft, I think they might be wrong.

The easiest games are arguably:  The Giants, Cincy, Lions, Carolina.

the Giants have practically owned us in recent years including sweeping us last season

Cincy put up a much better fight against Cleveland than we did

The Lions just beat the Cardinals on the road -- we struggled with the Cards

Panthers won today, almost beat the Raiders.

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I had no intention of watching the game today.

Maybe I need a sponsor, lol.

Not just you.I told myself I need to make changes after last year. A very thinly follow the team on ES through the off-season, didn’t really pay attention to OTAs or training camp.  I actually turned off my Sunday ticket.

I knew week one was going to be available as a freebie so I watched and didn’t get excited one way or the other, then it’s a surprise for week 2 cuz it’s still a freebie and I watch and with the loss didn’t get too excited one way or another.

Then last night my buddies invited me to play disc golf,  and I’m like “yeah I’m gonna play that and not watch the game” and I did it and I feel good for having not done it especially after checking the score.

My wife will believe me when I say I’m moving on... someday.

36 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

Not just you.I told myself I need to make changes after last year. A very thinly follow the team on ES through the off-season, didn’t really pay attention to OTAs or training camp.  I actually turned off my Sunday ticket.

I knew week one was going to be available as a freebie so I watched and didn’t get excited one way or the other, then it’s a surprise for week 2 cuz it’s still a freebie and I watch and with the loss didn’t get too excited one way or another.

Then last night my buddies invited me to play disc golf,  and I’m like “yeah I’m gonna play that and not watch the game” and I did it and I feel good for having not done it especially after checking the score.

My wife will believe me when I say I’m moving on... someday.

This describes me exactly as well. I got a boat a month ago too, and today was the first football day the weather was good on Sunday. For a split second I thought about how I was gonna watch it while on the boat. Forgot completely while out there, looked later, kinda did a "meh". 

I think the problem with comparing Haskins to other young QB's is that most of the other young QBs drafted have a QB's pedigree.  Haskins doesn't.   It doesn't mean those other QBs will end up successful in the NFL but when you watch them under center, they at least look the part.  Haskins still looks and plays like a college QB where he drops back and just uses his arm to sling the ball.  No mechanics, no footwork.....The eye test when looking at him as a product, suggests he needs to be learning off the field (live game field)  a lot more before he is able to take on the burden of carrying on offense. 

This team also lacks the level of playmakers around the QB to help them achieve early success.  Outside of Terry McLaurin I don't see any potential elite players on the offense.  Gibson is in a similar boat to Haskins, there is raw talent there but he also has not been groomed with the pedigree due to lack of experience.  Now, with that said, I trust the maturation process of a running back taking place in-game a lot more than I do a QB. 

What we are watching with Haskins on the field is something that in all likelihood should be taking place during practice with the 2nd or 3rd team.  Unfortunately Rivera wasn't left with much alternative in his first season as the coach. 

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think the problem with comparing Haskins to other young QB's is that most of the other young QBs drafted have a QB's pedigree.  Haskins doesn't.   It doesn't mean those other QBs will end up successful in the NFL but when you watch them under center, they at least look the part.  Haskins still looks and plays like a college QB where he drops back and just uses his arm to sling the ball.  No mechanics, no footwork.....The eye test when looking at him as a product, suggests he needs to be learning off the field (live game field)  a lot more before he is able to take on the burden of carrying on offense. 

This team also lacks the level of playmakers around the QB to help them achieve early success.  Outside of Terry McLaurin I don't see any potential elite players on the offense.  Gibson is in a similar boat to Haskins, there is raw talent there but he also has not been groomed with the pedigree due to lack of experience.  Now, with that said, I trust the maturation process of a running back taking place in-game a lot more than I do a QB. 

What we are watching with Haskins on the field is something that in all likelihood should be taking place during practice with the 2nd or 3rd team.  Unfortunately Rivera wasn't left with much alternative in his first season as the coach. 

He could have signed Cam. He was forced to take Haskins because he was Dan’s draft pick. Let’s not be naive. 

Archived