Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Cleveland

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sometimes, jokes are tough to get across on the internet. The person posted the tweet in here today, so i figured you just didn’t catch the date on there and thought he actually didn’t take the plane home 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I think the joke was that the tweet was posted today when it was made during the game.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, megared said:

I wasn't asking for the moon, I'm saying competent.  There's no value going into a season with guys you know suck, and that you're going to have to move on from anyways.  What does that prove?  Instead of solidifying 10% of your roster, you're leaving a bunch of question marks.   

At least get mid tier backups and set a floor for the level of play you're looking for.  Haskin's INTs were pretty transparent, but why not take line play out of the many factors as to why his mechanics are trash?  It wouldn't have put us over the cap.  We're paying $84 M to a safety that can't cover...

We're playing guys on their rookie contract at almost every position. Its about evaluating young guys and see if they fit in to what Rivera wants to do.

I can't blame Rivera for Landon Collins. He was signed here last year. He's not Rivera's guy. But we have to play him since it makes no sense cap wise to cut him. Ditto guys like Moses(although I think he's mostly been okay so far this year).

33 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sometimes, jokes are tough to get across on the internet. The person posted the tweet in here today, so i figured you just didn’t catch the date on there and thought he actually didn’t take the plane home 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Ioan at the stadium:

Spoiler

eric andre GIF

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Haha 3
35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We're playing guys on their rookie contract at almost every position. Its about evaluating young guys and see if they fit in to what Rivera wants to do.

I can't blame Rivera for Landon Collins. He was signed here last year. He's not Rivera's guy. But we have to play him since it makes no sense cap wise to cut him. Ditto guys like Moses(although I think he's mostly been okay so far this year).

We have an out with Landon after 2021. Would save $7M cap by cutting him then. Timely because it’s in time for Allen/Payne extensions

Just now, method man said:

We have an out with Landon after 2021. Would save $7M cap by cutting him then. Timely because it’s in time for Allen/Payne extensions

I really want to see what Curl brings to the table.

I think this team is going to need two safeties. One is immediate. But both really could be.  If Collins is on the roster, use him as a 4-2 type outside safety/linebacker hybrid. It's actually a position that he might thrive in. 

The draft has some good safety talent this year. I think we could reasonably get a guard, a safety and a quarterback OR left tackle, depending, in this year's draft that can contribute right away. 

Biggest thing for me is that if Ertz hits the FA market we are MAJOR players for his services. Ertz can eliminate slot issues and tight end issues. Thomas can play some tight end as well, he's been at the very least decent. And as a #2 tight end he is more than serviceable. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What about Thomas Davis?  I get they want his leadership but at 37 the dude is slow.  

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think this team is going to need two safeties. One is immediate. But both really could be.  If Collins is on the roster, use him as a 4-2 type outside safety/linebacker hybrid. It's actually a position that he might thrive in. 

The draft has some good safety talent this year. I think we could reasonably get a guard, a safety and a quarterback OR left tackle, depending, in this year's draft that can contribute right away. 

Biggest thing for me is that if Ertz hits the FA market we are MAJOR players for his services. Ertz can eliminate slot issues and tight end issues. Thomas can play some tight end as well, he's been at the very least decent. And as a #2 tight end he is more than serviceable. 

Can’t do that this year with the lack of depth at safety but may be interesting to use him next year as a dimebacker.

In today’s NFL, both your safeties really need to be free safeties who are at least solid tacklers. To your point, I’d love to take at least one, if not two

Ditto on giving Curl a shot if Apke looks like **** the next couple weeks

• Like 1
Just now, Panninho said:

He had 21 snaps yesterday. Hopefully Holcomb can take some of them when he is back because Davis was horrible.

Ya but in LB terms, that’s not a lot. Our LBs all in all aren’t all that great, in my opinion, either.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ya but in LB terms, that’s not a lot. Our LBs all in all aren’t all that great, in my opinion, either.

I agree. KPL has some upside I think but Bostic and Hamilton are average at best. That's why a healthy Reuben Foster would have been nice but that's a pipe dream.

1. Haskins needs a reality check.  Fast.  He needs to grow up and learn from his mistakes.  He doesn't think he was staring down his receivers... who is he kidding?  Watch the tape, young man.  Own up to your mistakes, otherwise you're no leader.  If his attitude doesn't shape up immediately, he has no business being a starting QB in this league.

2. Montez Sweat is legit.  This is going to be a breakout year for him.

3. Terry McLaurin.  Stud.  Franchise WR.  We are insanely lucky to have him.

4. Chase Young still had difficulty getting disengaged from the tackles.  Its concerning.

5. RB's are decent.  They're not superstars, but they are good enough to get the job done if the o-line holds up.

IMO, this loss is completely on Haskins.   He was the difference maker.   He's obviously not ready to be a starting QB.   Way too many atrocious throws and should have had at least 1-2 more picks if the Cleveland defense had better hands in the secondary.  We should put in Alex Smith (is he or is he not cleared to play?  wtf) or Kyle Allen... a game manager that limits mistakes would have won that game.

Edited by StormShadow
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Me too.  Ron seems to be giving Apke a lot of room to improve (if it’s possible).  He says they threw a lot at Apke and he’s played better than people think.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

A lot? Are we sure? 

his best year was that random aberration 11-5 season NYG had in 2017. He’s not trash like Apke but he’s simply just a nice player. That’s it 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He posted about Iaon coming out and just sitting on the bench, but he posted it at like 4am. Lol

Would have been a funny ESPN ad. 

Don't blame the internet for that joke going over your head. Lol

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

what the hell. Curls never played FS and has a few good LoS plays. Might as well put him deep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He posted about Iaon coming out and just sitting on the bench, but he posted it at like 4am. Lol

So EVERY joke on the internet is sooooo clearly obvious? 

like i said, not every joke is going to be so easy to figure out through messageboards, and I assumed you didn’t catch the date on the tweet, so i thought you actually, legitimately, didn’t know it was from yesterday. Geez. My bad......good lord. 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

what the hell. Curls never played FS and has a few good LoS plays. Might as well put him deep. 

I was thinking more at strong safety.

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've only found highlights on youtube of Isaiah Wright during the off season but he impressed me.  I commented on that in threads multiple times. 

He's a big dude and he is physical and can separate.  Good returner.  Good YAC guy.    Nice start today.  He can be the Steve Sims of 2020 so to speak. 

Have you found anything from this last week's game on Youtube to demonstrate that?  I wasn't focused on him when he wasn't getting the ball, so I'm sure I missed how well (or raw) he releases, breaks in a route, etc.

Surprising FYI.  With Sims banged up, and Inman getting hurt, the team leaned on Wright and not AGG.  Wright had 45% of the snaps to AGG's 29%.  Now some of those snaps Wright got were probably from Sims having a limited workload, but still.

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For those who say no way we end up with a top 5 pick this coming draft, I think they might be wrong.

The easiest games are arguably:  The Giants, Cincy, Lions, Carolina.

Before the season I thought we'd go 6-10.  I did however think we'd be 2-1 at this point, first 'W' at the Eagles, and then pick up another one between the Cardinals and Browns.  That didn't happen, so I'm dropping my prediction down from 6-10 to 5-11.

I think you have to include the Week 17 Eagles game.  That team is not playing well, in large part because Wentz is playing like the worst QB in the league.  If that continues, or if he gets hurt, or if he simply gets benched and the Eagles are waaaaay out of the Playoffs.  That could be an easier game.  I mean, they snuck in to the playoffs last year and we still almost beat them in Week 15 with an awful roster.

Isiah Wright is a gamer. He gets like 5 stars or pluses.

Put that dude in at safety. 

No way Apke hit's harder then him and he can't be any worse in space. 

Hell, put thay guy in all 3 positions: WR, Safety, Teams. 

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

At some point Ron has to be accountable for not realizing this roster, as composed was terrible. 

I'm failing to see how this season gets us closer to anything, when the pieces aren't even in place to set expectations for the young guys. 

That was a very frustrating game to watch and made me swear a lot more than was probably necessary in the gameday thread.

I've changed my view on Haskins from "he just needs more game-time and he'll get it", to "I don't think he'll get it even with extra game-time", but I was probably overreacting by wanting him cut/benched yesterday and it does make sense to let him see out the rest of the season.

The bad: Five turnovers, bad tackling, not rushing enough, kicking, not using timeouts, injuries.

The good: Rushing YPC improved, err, that's about it.

It used to be that no matter how bad things got, we could always say that at least we're not the Browns. Well, we're not the Browns, we're worse.

Edited by London Kev
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I was thinking more at strong safety.

Certainly intriguing.  It's hard to move on from Collins after this season, June 1st designation, but not ideal.

Collins did miss 1 snap last game, but looks like Deshavor Everett took that snap instead of Curl.  I want some film breakdown of how the defense is using Curl, because they've got a specific role for him, and his snap usage did drop once Kendell Fuller played, but not a whole lot.

Depth Chart guess here is:

Starting outside CB's: Darby/Fuller

Nickel CB: Moreland

Nickel DB: Curl? (Does this seem right, maybe this is down/distance related?)

Dime CB with a Nickel DB: Moreland and Curl?

FS: Apke (do we even know who the backup is?)

SS: Collins (with Everett backing him up)

Watching from the sidelines when everyone is healthy: Moreau, Stroman.

Edited by Alcoholic Zebra

I mean this was Haskins worst game in terms of the turnovers.. But I do get scared at times when he goes back to pass nowadays.. I mean after the scripted plays and the right after halftime he looked lost.. But in this day and age young QB's I feel dont get the chances to develop like their predecessors back in the day. But even like then finding good QB's is still hard, just gotta give him more time..

Thought the D played decent, they were given some short fields to defend due to the turnovers but great defenses overcome that, and we didn't. Sweat was awesome, the cb play seemed much better but Cleveland got back to the run game and did their thing. 

Not sure how long we can survive giving Mckissic and Gibson 6-10 touches per game and put the whole offense on Haskins.. A running game is is a young QB's best friend and his best friend if off macking on girls considered 6's and 7's while he's getting beaten up by randoms..

Wanna see more of the Wright kid. I don't know what happened with AGG after that run, was he hurt and Wright just filled in his spot? Or did they trust him more than our 4th rounder.. Not a good sign when an UDFA is picking up the offense better than you, and you were advertised as well rounded, well read and intelligent..

No clue what to expect vs Baltimore, probably an ass whooping... But still in first place....