Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

Just now, Passizle said:

Really need to establish a run game before you try this tom foolery. I get the feeling Dan Snyder call the plays because no matter who our OC, it always the same vanilla crap. WTF?

Establishing the run is not real, every statistical study shows that.

That is not to say that running the ball doesn’t have its place, it does. But you don’t need to “establish it” to make PA passes work or anything else. 

Pass to take the lead, run to salt away the clock. PA pass whenever you want. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Dwayne started ok.  But one mistake and it lingers.  Misses a screen high, doesn’t pull the trigger on 3rd down.  

He needs to settle down.  

But here’s the good news: not down 17-0.

The bad news is the DL seems to be a bit beat up. 

Yeah not good that the strength of the team is now a weakness.  Things could get really ugly unless Haskins steps it up

Just now, IrepDC said:

Also as a vet here not surprised at the reactions to his first INT of the season lol 

It's not the INT. It's the type of INT, where he threw it into three Browns and one WFT player, his poor accuracy on easy completions, his pocket presence. It's the total package.

Him having one INT doesn't tell the whole story.

But he can calm himself down here and lead the team down the field and get things back on track here. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What is discouraging about watching Haskins in this game is not the downfield INTs.  Those I half expect a young inexperienced QB to make when D-coordinators are trying to confuse them.  It's these short very simple passes that he over throws.  No pressure on him, and he just throws a simple screen pass 2 yards over the RB's head leading to another almost INT.   Watching the replay, his mechanics are just so bad the way he brings  his feet together and has zero leverage to direct the ball into the player's chest.   I understand why that happens when you are under pressure, but he had a clean pocket.

Zampese's got his work cut out for him.  It doesn't do anybody any good to spend time on mechanical adjustments if Haskins is just gonna abandon it when the bullets start flying.

• Like 2

Just now, Csup said:

Yeah not good that the strength of the team is now a weakness.  Things could get really ugly unless Haskins steps it up

The DL still isn't a weakness. It's just not as much of a strength now, which makes the rest of the warts stand out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You DO realize that can just as easily be a conversation between me and my own father, yes? 😂😂

It could also be you finally snapped and went back in time to become your own father. Which is super freaky of you. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Haskins hesitates on that run. Doesn't have the IT factor. Slow brain cells processing.

Slow brain cells?.. all week coaching said that his brain cells were working to fast (progressing throw plays to fast to compensate for the line play).

We can talk accuracy and speed of grasping the new offense..but damn.

Just now, Playaction2Sanders said:

Oh. Been having problems with my stream, guess I missed it..

I don't rerally expect to see much out of him until the back half of the schedule. Dude missed camp time with a concussion & had to quarantine shortly after the Draft