Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I’m really torn bc I think a responsible organization lets Haskins play it out to make damn sure there’s nothing there after the investment we made. (unless he ****s his pants every week like he did today of course, you can’t let that go on for months).

But as a selfish fan I know this team would probably be more fun to watch with Allen operating the offense closer to its intended function, even if he has no ceiling to speak of and it wouldn’t help us long term. But the games would be more fun, in the moment, to watch. And he’s got some moxie and the ability to occasionally surprise you. 

what’s the value of letting Allen play? You let Haskins play and tell Dan he’s an idiot for drafting him. That’s how you play this.

• Like 2

Just now, primetime441 said:

You get better by playing in challenging situations. This quitter mentality teaches them nothing!

While I can appreciate the "RAH RAH" enthusiasm, it's not realistic. Our ****ty offense wasn't suddenly going to start playing lights out at the end, especially with a QB playing so poorly. 

If you're a team with a star QB, you can have those comebacks because even if the QB is having a poor game, you know he's a stud and can turn that around in an instant. DH ain't that guy. 

We're not a good team. The only good parts of our team right now are: DL, Punter, 1 WR (who can't do much if he doesn't have a good QB to throw to him). The entire rest of the team is between mediocre and ****ty.

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Haskins right now reminds of me a WR who is super physically gifted and will make eye popping catches sometimes...

He doesn’t even make eye popping throws. The throws he does make are throws that a QB really should be able to make.

• Like 2

There's no reason to play Allen. Letting Haskins play accomplishes two things:

1) If Haskins stinks, it proves he stinks and no one can argue when you want to go out and get a new QB.

2) If Haskins turns it around and plays well, you know you have your QB.

The only time it makes sense is if Haskins continues to slide and throw a bunch of picks and demoralizes the team completely to the point you hurt the future. 

I'm not sure when that point is. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

essentially how things are going to unfold..

https://twitter.com/loganncampbelll/status/1310311242968584192?s=20

Yeah Ron ain't benching DH right now. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he rides with him all season. We'll just have to deal with it. 

But I think it's a sound philosophy because then you'll truly know where you are at QB by the end of the season. If DH progresses and it's clear, then you have a guy you can still win with, even if he's not an All-Pro. If he continues to play poorly then you know it's time to start looking for another QB most likely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

People called the Cult of Colt weird, but there's something freaky to get people on this website so fired up into witch hunts over who said what about Jason Campbell when he hasn't played for us in over a decade.

You are held to account for your past posts. 100%

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

There's no reason to play Allen. Letting Haskins play accomplishes two things:

1) If Haskins stinks, it proves he stinks and no one can argue when you want to go out and get a new QB.

2) If Haskins turns it around and plays well, you know you have your QB.

The only time it makes sense is if Haskins continues to slide and throw a bunch of picks and demoralizes the team completely to the point you hurt the future. 

I'm not sure when that point is. 

1b)  If Haskins stinks it up, then we get a higher draft pick and a better chance at a real quarterback/lineman/linebacker/whatever.

• Like 2

Why should I watch the whole game if this team gives up before the final gun? 

Why should I watch this team at all? Serious question. I have to assess my Sunday priorities. 

I can count on Jason-Pierre Paul’s hand the number of Redskins/WFT games I’ve missed in the last two decades. And it’s brought little more that heartache and frustration. So if they are going to quit on themselves they are quitting on me too. I should return the favor. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dan T. said:

Why should I watch this team at all? Serious question. I have to assess my Sunday priorities. 

I can count on Jason-Pierre Paul’s hand the number of Redskins/WFT games I’ve missed in the last two decades. And it’s brought little more that heartache and frustration. So if they are going to quit on themselves they are quitting on me too. I should return the favor. 

While I won't address this in regards to the timeouts...

If you're watching because you expect the team to win, you should probably stop watching.

• Like 1

Just now, Dan T. said:

Because you already know the outcome by the end of the fourth.  If we're down two scores, and I'm guessing two touchdowns in particular, he's just not gonna do it.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Bears just came back after being down 26-10 with 6 minutes left in the game. THAT IS WHY YOU CALL YOUR TIMEOUTS. 

They benched Trubisky and Foles threw three fourth quarter TD's.

We're not benching Haskins, and he's not throwing three fourth quarter TD's.

• Haha 1

Just now, NickyJ said:

The Punisher is being hurt by social distancing IRL, so now he's scrolling through ExtremeSkins archives looking for invalid QB opinions from 12 years ago lmao

You don’t think that had happened before? Dude I have bookmarks and my list of people to ridicule in the future. I stopped being as interested after I had a couple of kids but dammit I will have my revenge!