Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

Just now, KDawg said:

It's not the INT. It's the type of INT, where he threw it into three Browns and one WFT player, his poor accuracy on easy completions, his pocket presence. It's the total package.

Him having one INT doesn't tell the whole story.

But he can calm himself down here and lead the team down the field and get things back on track here. 

If you watched the route, you see Thomas flatten out the post, but I'll let you guys have it. I agree that flustered him so he has to react better now. It's a process of growth that this fan base doesn't understand after all these years. So I laugh at the fickle reactions. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, carex said:

you are seeing what you want to see

Having read your posts defending various bad QBs for what feels like at least a decade, this is not an inspiring comment to read (or a self aware one).*

*note: this is not a judgement on Haskins, but on carex. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, IrepDC said:

If you watched the route, you see Thomas flatten out the post, but I'll let you guys have it. I agree that flustered him so he has to react better now. It's a process of growth that this fan base doesn't understand after all these years. So I laugh at the fickle reactions. 

Thomas is not a good tight end, but putting blame on him for that is a little off.

He did flatten it a touch, but not enough to make it that far off. The ball was high AND outside. I feel like the move Major League.

And that kind of miss isn't as bad... if there isn't a Brown in front of Thomas, next to Thomas and behind Thomas.

Could Thomas have done better? Absolutely. Was he the problem there? No. 

1 minute ago, ejay183 said:

Do you know which hip kept him out of practice for some time in Training camp?

i dont but i wish i did. im wondering if anyone can give insight on to if a hip flexor can cause issues with the groin. even if on different legs, can over-compensating happen? 

i hate that injury because like hammies it can linger and needs time. With the Ravens and Rams coming up, he will be missed.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Rivera obviously has no confidence in the offense to convert this 3rd down.  No way you take it down to the 2 minute warning with almost 30 seconds left to run a play, if you are actually trying to work the ball upfield.

That’s actually the right play because he’s got plenty of time and the ball on offense, and I think 2 TOs. 

Cleveland goofed.  They should have called the TO.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's not the INT. It's the type of INT, where he threw it into three Browns and one WFT player, his poor accuracy on easy completions, his pocket presence. It's the total package.

Lack of touch as well. He's got a canon of an arm & is to used to using it to get him out of trouble. But at this level, touch/accuracy are gots to have

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Rivera obviously has no confidence in the offense to convert this 3rd down.  No way you take it down to the 2 minute warning with almost 30 seconds left to run a play, if you are actually trying to work the ball upfield.

Yeah he’s just trying to get into the half to reset and stop the bleeding. Don’t love it but I get it, the way Haskins is spiraling right now.