Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are We Calling Ourselves as Fans in Conversation this Season (2020)???

Renegade7

What Are We Calling Ourselves as Fans in Conversation this Season (2020)???  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What Are We Calling Ourselves as Fans in Conversation this Season (2020)???

• FT fans
    • Redskins fans
    • Washington Football Team Fans
    • Other
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • Cart before the horse, only really matters if we actually play this year

19 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Kind of glad this thread was made. I visited my dad yesterday and we talked about the team and I was just hesitant to say the Redskins..I kept saying the football team. He is furious about the situation and will not watch them play. With the kneeling for the flag and the name change he has just had it..done with it all. So it had me thinking god how do I talk about the team without using the name Redskins?

He's probably old enough to remember when black people couldn't piss in the same toilet as white people or drink from the same water fountains too. Did that bother him like a sports team name or not being an unpaid military recruitment tool?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's probably old enough to remember when black people couldn't piss in the same toilet as white people or drink from the same water fountains too. Did that bother him like a sports team name or not being an unpaid military recruitment tool?

There is only one black family in the town back then..the lewis's.. he was friends with them.. barely missed out on being recruited he uses the term Redskins and so do I proudly

My grandfather was really good friends with judge black..yes he was a black man, so he would not tolerate racism from his children

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

There is only one black family in the town back then..the lewis's.. he was friends with it was friends with them.. barely missed out on being recruited he uses the term Redskins and so do I proudly

A multi billion dollar sports team just agreed that the term is inappropriate and shouldn't be said. Like the "N" word, but go ahead and be proud of yourself white guy.

11 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

They did no such thing. 

And why are you starting this up in here ?

So we're still the Redskins? I dream all this?

This is a direct name thread lol. why wouldn't I bring up the old racist slogan?

Would you look at a family of native americans and call them redskins?

48 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

A multi billion dollar sports team just agreed that the term is inappropriate and shouldn't be said. Like the "N" word, but go ahead and be proud of yourself white guy.

What makes you think I'm white...****in islander..so much ****in sand in your ears and crotch your so full of it

28 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is a direct name thread lol. why wouldn't I bring up the old racist slogan?

I'm native American, Cherokee..part of me is..my female boss is half native american and she told me my Washington Redskins sticker that looks so good in my truck is half offensive and I told her sorry and to get over her self 

29 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No. You just dreamt the reason.

Because this isn't the Redskins name change thread. That's why.

And you should ask your last question to the students at Red Mesa and Wellpinit.

29 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Because this isn't the Redskins name change thread. That's why.

And you should ask your last question to the students at Red Mesa and Wellpinit.

And do so in the appropriate Tailgate thread before your offtrackness gets this one shut down. :)

Or worse. ;) 

6 hours ago, Burgold said:

Imagine this being the rallying cry of their cheerleaders.

So... are we gonna have a band and cheerleaders this year. I can see Covid protocols putting the nix on that.

We could totally have a different band member in each empty section. Sweet surround sound

I defiantly want them back with the re-boot tho. Zombie is all about dragging along old things, including traditions.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah thats Probably right. and if there’s no fight song with our new name when the time comes that we CAN have fans at the stadium, i doubt we’d even keep the band. 

Especially, since the band was all volunteers. For decades, I think they had to even pay for their own seats (could be wrong about that, but I don't think I am.)

Note—this is not “team name” related, this is “not letting people post bull**** on our beloved site” related:

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

What makes you think I'm white...****in islander..so much ****in sand in your ears and crotch your so full of it

I'm native American, Cherokee..part of me is..

??? Did you get your 23andMe DNA test results back in the last 9 days, slugger?

On 8/9/2020 at 4:57 PM, bakedtater1 said:

..full blooded Irish here as well

I’m not a tater-hater @bakedtater1, so I hope you don’t just brush this off as someone being unfair to you. This exact type of appropriation is what pisses people off, especially about us Americans, just deciding we are whatever we want to be that makes us feel righteous in the moment so that we can be “allowed” to feel how we feel. It’s a luxury actual minority groups don’t generally have, to switch their identity on and off at will or even make it up entirely. 

After these two posts I quoted, how about you think about sitting these types of discussions out from now on.

Again, I’m not meaning to pick on you. You seem like a good dude and a good fan. But I clearly remembered your other post recently and was able to find it in 15 seconds. It’s not a good look brother, just think about it. 

28 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Note—this is not “team name” related, this is “not letting people post bull**** on our beloved site” related:

??? Did you get your 23andMe DNA test results back in the last 9 days, slugger?

I’m not a tater-hater @bakedtater1, so I hope you don’t just brush this off as someone being unfair to you. This exact type of appropriation is what pisses people off, especially about us Americans, just deciding we are whatever we want to be that makes us feel righteous in the moment so that we can be “allowed” to feel how we feel. It’s a luxury actual minority groups don’t generally have, to switch their identity on and off at will or even make it up entirely. 

After these two posts I quoted, how about you think about sitting these types of discussions out from now on.

Again, I’m not meaning to pick on you. You seem like a good dude and a good fan. But I clearly remembered your other post recently and was able to find it in 15 seconds. It’s not a good look brother, just think about it. 

My fathers Irish his fathers father descends from Ireland my grandmother is Cherokee so I have some in me..does that clear **** up?

SORRY BROTHERS AND SISTERS I DO NOT LIVE THE INTERNET CHATTING UP LIFE...3 HOURS ON FACEBOOK 3 HOURS ON TWITTER AND WHAT EVER OTHER HOURS IN WHATEVER PLACES..its not me..I only chat with other folks here..what's that show on Netflix right now...gilded?..something like that, something the wife is watching and these adults are in front of the computer non stop..reminds me of some folks around here

your cool man..just being forward and looking out I get ya..and I appreciate it..I knew I was off when saying full blooded irish here..should have went into more detail I guees..thanks for not calling my mom a whore by the way..my father already got called a racist soooooo 

I’m so conflicted because I’m kindof bitter the Washington Football Team doesn’t play IN Washington.  And it appears as though Washington doesn’t actually want the Washington football team to play in Washington.

So I kinda just say, the team.  I’m a fan of the team.  

When I post, I use WFT. 

I might come around to Washington in the end.  But I haven’t gotten there yet. 

Another thought provoking thread by Renegade 👍.

My first thought was that I'm still going to call myself a "Redskin fan" or maybe make a joke of it with something like "I'm a fan formally known as a Redskin fan". But on reflection I'm starting to think that if the name is perceived by enough people as racist, then it's racist, and I'm going to have to change my mindset.

I'm probably going to go with "I'm a Skins fan" until the official name change (please, please, not Redtails) and then reassess.

Most of my friends don't know the first thing about football and usually just roll their eyes when I mention it. But since the name-change story broke over here recently, they are finding it highly amusing calling me a racist ****, white supremacist, etc, so it's probably a moot point.

10 hours ago, petey hodge said:

and we come here often to extremeTEAM.com to gripe about all the losses....

i claimed "extremeteam.com" or "extremeteamers.com" a while back in our 'mod lounge' thread :D

i smell millions of $$$ in my future

Archived