Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are We Calling Ourselves as Fans in Conversation this Season (2020)???

Renegade7

What Are We Calling Ourselves as Fans in Conversation this Season (2020)???  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What Are We Calling Ourselves as Fans in Conversation this Season (2020)???

• FT fans
    • Redskins fans
    • Washington Football Team Fans
    • Other
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • Cart before the horse, only really matters if we actually play this year

I'm lost here, I'm not calling myself a Redskins fan anymore if for any reason because the name is gone now. This is not about anything else but what now.

I have no idea how to do this with a mouthfull of "seriously?" Like I'm a "Football Team fan.". No I'm not doing that either to make anyone feel better. Sorry, not sorry.

Where are we on this in casual conversation?  We waiting for a team name and calling ourselves Redskins fans in the meantime?  Like I said, I'm not doing that, I don't have to.

One idea I had was FT fans, that's what im going with for now.

If anyone thinks that's sounds stupid, that's fine won't hurt my feelings, but I knew Washington FT would grow on me if they left it for too longer or ever decided to straight up own it.

I'm not going down the path here of what to call ourselves when we get a new name, this is not a Washington Redwolves thread, make your own and get banned elsewhere.  This is about this year and getting away from calling myself a Redskins fan without disowning a team I've decided to give another chance with staying all in with.

Still here, not leaving, now what?

51 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I still call myself a Redskins fan, but I guess those that don't want to, just call themselves Washington fans?

No idea, why I'm asking.

I'm calling myself for FT fan for now until I see better nickname or more efficient, actually having to say "Football Team fan"  everytime is a lot to ask compared to say Skins fan, I've been trying, I don't like it.

58 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

It's not what I call myself, it's what my friends call me: "The Formerly Redskins but Now the Washington Football Team fan LOL *snicker*". It's a long name, but after hearing it the 8th time, I don't think it's going to change.

Lol, exactly.

Trying to get ahead of this once our dline starts eating folks alive and I don't want to sound like I'm dubbed when I say the team name.

"what happened yalls football team?"

"Whatcha gonna do when FT goes wild on you?"

"FT" = **** this, that, them

"FT better not FT (this) up." :ols:

Kind of glad this thread was made. I visited my dad yesterday and we talked about the team and I was just hesitant to say the Redskins..I kept saying the football team. He is furious about the situation and will not watch them play. With the kneeling for the flag and the name change he has just had it..done with it all. So it had me thinking god how do I talk about the team without using the name Redskins?

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

So it had me thinking god how do I talk about the team without using the name Redskins?

Don't talk about the team with him (Especially if you are not calling them the Redskins), seems he's made that clear. I'm calling them the Redskins until they get a new name (When they do it becomes TBD).

18 hours ago, NickyJ said:

It's not what I call myself, it's what my friends call me: "The Formerly Redskins but Now the Washington Football Team fan LOL *snicker*". It's a long name, but after hearing it the 8th time, I don't think it's going to change.

Well right now we're:

"The ex-Redskins now called Football Team until we find a better name or not for Washington's Football Team's fans"

And honestly until we find a team name, I don't know what am I... Washington's fan maybe... And that's quite interesting because a few sports websites still report to this team as "Redskins". Not in the article, but in the websites architecture, it's still Redskins...

So this period definately seems weird :)

13 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Kind of glad this thread was made. I visited my dad yesterday and we talked about the team and I was just hesitant to say the Redskins..I kept saying the football team. He is furious about the situation and will not watch them play. With the kneeling for the flag and the name change he has just had it..done with it all. So it had me thinking god how do I talk about the team without using the name Redskins?

Sorry you going through it, I know I put a lot of smilie faces in here, but that's really what this comes back to.

Don't have to take this thread to the dark side in order to have this conversation, but yeah, it needed to be had. Thanks for saying that, it's gonna work out, man.

Can't call myself a fan any more. Only an interested follower. Typical is the mission statement of the new team president which included absolutely nothing about winning football games. Please Alex, don't play. Its not worth it.

I suppose I'd call myself a fan of Washington. There's a lot of truth in that. I grew up to support the home team and so root for the 'Skins, Caps, Nats, Mystics, Wizards, etc. 

15 hours ago, dyst said:

Imagine being a Columbus Blue Jackets fan, chanting “BJ...BJ”

Imagine this being the rallying cry of their cheerleaders.

Archived