Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are We Calling Ourselves as Fans in Conversation this Season (2020)???

Renegade7

What Are We Calling Ourselves as Fans in Conversation this Season (2020)???  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What Are We Calling Ourselves as Fans in Conversation this Season (2020)???

• FT fans
    • Redskins fans
    • Washington Football Team Fans
    • Other
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • Cart before the horse, only really matters if we actually play this year

On 8/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, Renegade7 said:

I'm lost here, I'm not calling myself a Redskins fan anymore if for any reason because the name is gone now. This is not about anything else but what now.

I have no idea how to do this with a mouthfull of "seriously?" Like I'm a "Football Team fan.". No I'm not doing that either to make anyone feel better. Sorry, not sorry.

Where are we on this in casual conversation?  We waiting for a team name and calling ourselves Redskins fans in the meantime?  Like I said, I'm not doing that, I don't have to.

One idea I had was FT fans, that's what im going with for now.

If anyone thinks that's sounds stupid, that's fine won't hurt my feelings, but I knew Washington FT would grow on me if they left it for too longer or ever decided to straight up own it.

I'm not going down the path here of what to call ourselves when we get a new name, this is not a Washington Redwolves thread, make your own and get banned elsewhere.  This is about this year and getting away from calling myself a Redskins fan without disowning a team I've decided to give another chance with staying all in with.

Still here, not leaving, now what?

"A rose by any other name..."

With all the bile being launched at our team right now we will have to abandon our temporary name for a new temporary name before we get a new actual name.

Lets go Washington Whatchamacallits

Been using a lot of "Them" "We" and "Us" lately. Super awkward

phrases like "We cut Peterson". It works... but it feels so wrong

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

With all the bile being launched at our team right now we will have to abandon our temporary name for a new temporary name before we get a new actual name.

Awe poor team having bile launched at them for being a poorly run team with a disgusting owner.

1 minute ago, London Kev said:

I imagine that most people are using the name Football Team ironically, I know I am. Why is this so hard to understand?

(Not a dig at you Renegade).

Its all good.  I believe some folks are saying it as seriously as they can to emphasize how badly we lost this one.  We got ridiculed for this name after being ridiculed for having the last one, folks still hate us, is what it is.  Jus win, and see them put some respect on whatever the name is.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:30 PM, FootballZombie said:

It used to be 'we'.  Now it's just 'them'..........

Archived