Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Bifflog said:

I would imagine the NFL, who badly wants this sale to get done and a new day in what should be a profitable market, wouldn't want to take a draft pick away from the new guy trying to turn things around.  Here's hoping...

That's a rational thought, but fair is fair. If the organization did this and it's proven...even if it was Snyder himself...I'm not sure it's fair to the other 31 teams NOT to punish them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's a rational thought, but fair is fair. If the organization did this and it's proven...even if it was Snyder himself...I'm not sure it's fair to the other 31 teams NOT to punish them. 

Yup. I'd count on us not having our first next year and being pleasantly surprised if we do.

Not having the first also means we lose all trade leverage to get up higher in the draft. So looks like we'd be in the second round looking for our franchise OT or QB (if Howell doesn't pan out). I hate this team so much. :ols:

• Haha 1

Miami got canned with a first and third for going after Brady and Payton. Goddell said this at the time....

Goodell: "Investigators found tampering violations of unprecedented scope and severity. I know of no prior instance of a team violating the prohibition of tampering with both a head coach and star player, to the potential detriment of other clubs, over a period of several years."

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Miami got canned with a first and third for going after Brady and Payton. Goddell said this at the time....

Goodell: "Investigators found tampering violations of unprecedented scope and severity. I know of no prior instance of a team violating the prohibition of tampering with both a head coach and star player, to the potential detriment of other clubs, over a period of several years."

7kzzx3.jpg

17 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

This gives me hope the punishment won’t be a 1st, but will fit the crime so to speak.  A phone call to a player who has been retired for 4+ years and is 50 lbs under the weight he’d need to be to play again is a waaaay lesser violation than what Miami did. They can have a 5th and be happy with it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

This gives me hope the punishment won’t be a 1st, but will fit the crime so to speak.  A phone call to a player who has been retired for 4+ years and is 50 lbs under the weight he’d need to be to play again is a waaaay lesser violation than what Miami did. They can have a 5th and be happy with it. 

Agree, the Miami situation was crazy and multifaceted.

I don't think our 1st rounder is in any real jeopardy.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Well, that's because it wouldn't be fair, but this is the NFL we're talking about :D

This constant pity party we love to have around here even when nothing has happened yet opens us up to trolls, even ones who pretend to be fans of this team so they can troll us even harder under the guise of just joining in.

Let's wait to see if anything comes of this before jumping off a bridge.

• Thanks 1

Just now, redskinss said:

This constant pity party we love to have around here even when nothing has happened yet opens us up to trolls, even ones who pretend to be fans of this team so they can troll us even harder under the guise of just joining in.

You can be damned sure, even after Snyder is long gone, the miserab's will remain for a while (I should know, I am frequently one) :D

the sopranos smile GIF

3 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

You can be damned sure, even after Snyder is long gone, the miserab's will remain for a while (I should know, I am frequently one) :D

the sopranos smile GIF

I'm no Saint either but this place gets ridiculous and it's only getting worse.

There's no optimism anymore and all we ever do is talk about how much better our rivals are.

We should change the name of the site to extreme masochism.

Edited by redskinss

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm no Saint either but this place gets ridiculous and it's only getting worse.

The night is darkest just before the dawn.

I find myself more relaxed than ever.  I think Howell is a very reasonable lotto ticket, which is exciting, and if it all goes to hell and everything gets blown up... that's also exciting.

It's not the QB thread, but I feel like the only thing that can make Sam a step back from last year for us is, can he read the field or can't he?  Couldn't really tell from the one Dallas game, one way or the other.  The rest, I've liked.

19 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

The night is darkest just before the dawn.

I find myself more relaxed than ever.  I think Howell is a very reasonable lotto ticket, which is exciting, and if it all goes to hell and everything gets blown up... that's also exciting.

It's not the QB thread, but I feel like the only thing that can make Sam a step back from last year for us is, can he read the field or can't he?  Couldn't really tell from the one Dallas game, one way or the other.  The rest, I've liked.

It's how I see it, too.  No shot to win with Snyder.

I think its just a matter of time with Harris at the helm that this team becomes good again.  Harris isn't just a dude who isn't Snyder.  His profile-track record is really impressive IMO. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Conn said:

Yeah I'd be surprised if its a first rounder.  Actually i think there is a decent shot there was no violation at all.

But if they get docked for a pick whomever is responsible for bragging about it, needs to be fired IMO.

I like Ron more than most.  I do think we can do better than him once Dan goes.  But one thing that bugs me about his style is this need for him and the FO to brag when in their mind they do something well.   This is a text book case of it if it comes out that they screwed up.  The worse crime to me is them bragging to Keim on the record that they did this.

It seemed like they wanted to tell the world last off season that they tried everything at Qb to get a pat on the back for their effort.  It's that desire to promote that effort that would cost them a draft pick if that's how this pans out. 

Other teams have gotten caught.  But if they get nailed for this, they took it up a notch by getting caught out of their desire for a PR pat on the back for how hard they tried to get a QB.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Love the holier than thou schtick. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I'd be surprised if its a first rounder.  Actually i think there is a decent shot there was no violation at all.

But if they get docked for a pick whomever is responsible for bragging about it, needs to be fired IMO.

I like Ron more than most.  I do think we can do better than him once Dan goes.  But one thing that bugs me about his style is this need for him and the FO to brag when in their mind they do something well.   This is a text book case of it if it comes out that they screwed up.  The worse crime to be is them bragging to Keim on the record that they did this.

It seemed like they wanted to tell the world last off season that they tried everything at Qb to get a pat on the back for their effort.  It's that desire to promote that effort that would cost them a draft pick if that's how this pans out. 

Other teams have gotten caught.  But if they get nailed for this, they took it up a notch by getting caught out of their desire for a PR pat on the back for how hard they tried to get a QB.

I don’t *actually* think it’ll be a first. But it would be fitting for the alleged Napoleonic head guy to take us down the drain just one last time. 

:ols:

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Love the holier than thou schtick. 

I don’t *actually* think it’ll be a first. But it would be fitting for the alleged Napoleonic head guy to take us down the drain just one last time. 

:ols:

I don't put it past Dan to be somehow involved in this.

But my guess if if they are to blame its likely Chris Polian who I gather knows Andrew via his stint in Indy.

If they get in trouble for this, i am more pissed about how they can't shut up with the look at us PR pitch that they constantly do versus the crime itself.    Other teams have been caught doing similar things.  But this team if they are culpable would be the first caught that i can think of because of how pathological they are about trying to sell their off seasons to the public.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't put it past Dan to be somehow involved in this.

But my guess if if they are to blame its likely Chris Polian who I gather knows Andrew via his stint in Indy.

If they get in trouble for this, i am more pissed about how they can't shut up with the look at us PR pitch that they constantly do versus the crime itself.    Other teams have been caught doing similar things.  But this team if they are culpable would be the first caught that i can think of because of how pathological they are about trying to sell their off seasons to the public.

Hopefully, in the end, it doesn’t even matter. 

Howell is the franchise. Paul and Cosmi are Pro Bowl players and Daniels and Stromberg are ready day one to lead us to glory.

no one can take away hope!

45 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Hopefully, in the end, it doesn’t even matter. 

Howell is the franchise. Paul and Cosmi are Pro Bowl players and Daniels and Stromberg are ready day one to lead us to glory.

no one can take away hope!

If Howell is the dude.  All is well.  They likely got to fix the o line next off season and they can be a serious contender, then.

I've loved what I've read about Josh Harris, so hopefully he's the next owner.

At that point, i am in favor of moving on in 2024 from the current crew.  They've done a decent job but IMO they are limited.

Rivera is a classy dude with integrity and I like him as a person.  But we all have our quirks.  And IMO his personality quirk is to do too much bragging and defending -- he cares IMO too much about what the national media thinks about the job he's doing.

Rivera and the FO seem pathlogically self conscious about the media perception about the job they do and can get overly defensive about it.

Rivera talked about how he got all these congratulatory text messages about how great their draft was from others around the league - him saying that was on brand.

And if they get busted for doing something amiss about Luck (my gut is they don't but on the off chance they do) --  this thing about this coaching staff-FO to do this over the top self promotion about how how hard they tried or how good they did such and such actually results in costing them a draft pick -- that's the part that would bother me more than the crime.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rivera is a classy dude with integrity and I like him as a person.  But we all have our quirks.  And IMO his personality quirk is to do too much bragging and defending -- he cares IMO too much about what the national media thinks about the job he's doing.

Rivera knows that if the team tanks this season, it's 'bye bye' to his career...not just here, but likely anywhere else in the NFL because I don't think he ever gets another head coaching gig...and I doubt his ego will allow him to be a coordinator.

Snyder's stench follows people whenever they leave...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Agreed. Another very recent example :

Eagles and Cardinals settled a tampering investigation today involving the hiring of former Philadelphia DC Jonathan Gannon as Arizona’s HC, per sources. Terms: Eagles traded pick No. 94 in this draft and a 2024 5th-round pick to the Cardinals for pick No. 66 in this draft