Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Listening to David Aldridge and others who have commented on what Josh Harris is like as an owner, I have come to the conclusion Ron & co are ****ed. 

The consistent message is that Harris is very data and analytics oriented and will dig deep on the why behind suggestions and proposals. For a guy like Ron who is weak in these areas, that’s going to be a non starter for Harris. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Harris hire a GM in the mold of the Vikings GM or Roseman, a high IQ business guy who has been embedded in football operations for a long time. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the guy he chooses is a Roseman lieutenant…a long time ago, he hired Hinkie who was a Morey lieutenant 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

52 minutes ago, method man said:

Listening to David Aldridge and others who have commented on what Josh Harris is like as an owner, I have come to the conclusion Ron & co are ****ed. 

The consistent message is that Harris is very data and analytics oriented and will dig deep on the why behind suggestions and proposals. For a guy like Ron who is weak in these areas, that’s going to be a non starter for Harris. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Harris hire a GM in the mold of the Vikings GM or Roseman, a high IQ business guy who has been embedded in football operations for a long time. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the guy he chooses is a Roseman lieutenant…a long time ago, he hired Hinkie who was a Morey lieutenant 

Ron knows he’s on borrowed time. Only a playoff appearance might allow him to finish his contract.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mania said:

need a new name also.   There can't be any connection to Dan Snyder.  

Att all, again: No mention of name change in the thread title.

It's not going to be added, either.

If something real per name change comes into play we will have a thread specifically devoted to it.

The topic was hashed way past death, often with exceptional stupidity, for over two years, well beyond the norm for rehashing that is typical for many topics here. 

I will kill all who can't manage themselves on this if I have to.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, method man said:

I think there is a chance Rivera stays on as Head Coach if the team wins 10+ games, but I can't imagine him retaining his personnel power and all his handpicked FO people are probably gonna get shown the door the second the 2024 offseason starts.

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think there is a chance Rivera stays on as Head Coach if the team wins 10+ games, but I can't imagine him retaining his personnel power and all his handpicked FO people are probably gonna get shown the door the second the 2024 offseason starts.

Pure speculation on my part but I think the following:  

RR takes total control of the D in all aspects.

EB does the same on O. 

This team wins the NFC East this upcoming season or gets in by WC and RR pleads his case to Harris and Co. to stay on as VP of Football OPS. Keeps Mayhew as GM, Hurney steps down, Stokes is moved up to Assistant GM.  I then think that RR asks Harris and Co. to promote EB as new HC.  Again, pure speculation and a lot of it.  

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The counter to this is if they are winning, playing well, Howell is progressing and they are in the 10-12 win area, what’s the real reason to change anything? Just to change it?  If the team is on track for the playoffs or better, eh, I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep thing’s static.  And wait until they need to change and then change everything all at once.

• Thumb up 1

You are dreaming if this team wins 10+ under Sam in his first year as qb. None of his class did well in the first year of starting, in the games played.

If he’s the day one starter, he likely will struggle and probably get benched at some point and then after Jacoby doesn’t do anything, returns to finish the season.

If Jacoby is day one, he plays until he stinks it up and then Sam finishes the season.

Either way, the likely win total is 7 to 9 wins. 9 wins and maybe a wild card berth.

Jason will be gone first. The gms will be gone next, probably in the summer.

Ron needs a playoff appearance to convince Josh to retain him.

If Josh was one of the bidders who contacted Sean Payton, it might not matter what Ron does unless he goes on a deep run.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron knows he’s on borrowed time. Only a playoff appearance might allow him to finish his contract.

He's already done that.  He needs to win a playoff game.  Year 4.   I don't care that he's taking an epic chance on Howell.  This QB mess is his doing.   

But if Ron can't - for the first time - get his team to start the season actually ready to start the freaking season, then I think this year is gonna end up just like the others: 7-9 wins and miss the playoffs.  

Personally, I don't believe Ron is nearly a good enough coach to win a  Super Bowl without a top 10 QB, and I certainly don't believe his hand-picked FO possess the creativity or aptitude to put together a team that can win a SB.  But, who knows?  Maybe lightning will strike and they prove me wrong.  That would be just fine with me!  

Edited by Redwards

New owner will be too busy with the transition and other business related matters of the franchise to focus on the actual football team so Ron gets a pass this season, but I hope he gets canned regardless of whatever small success he achieves in 2023. I just want every coaching or front office link to the Snyder era to be purged, and for us to start afresh. Ron won’t find another HC gig in the NFL after this stint so that tells you something. I know a plethora of candidates will emerge who’d otherwise have never thrown their hat into this ring with Snyder in charge and we need to pounce on them while they’re still available and interested.

10 hours ago, method man said:

Guy or girl?  Catherine Raiche is the Asst GM and VP of Football Ops for the Browns.  She was VP of Football Ops under Roseman in Philly before going to the Browns.  She fits what you're describing and will probably be the 1st female GM in the NFL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, method man said:

Makes sense....

Yes please. We’ve gone decades without a real GM. Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

23 minutes ago, drowland said:

Guy or girl?  Catherine Raiche is the Asst GM and VP of Football Ops for the Browns.  She was VP of Football Ops under Roseman in Philly before going to the Browns.  She fits what you're describing and will probably be the 1st female GM in the NFL.

I don’t care the new GM is a freaking labradoodle. Just be competent!

2 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

No thanks.

We've already been watching this disaster flick for the last 24 years. ☹️

Agreed. I also want 106.7 to replace and upgrade their entire lineup too. Neither are going to happen. 

12 hours ago, method man said:

Good. All for using cutting edge analysis and new ways of addressing on/off the field issues. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You are dreaming if this team wins 10+ under Sam in his first year as qb. None of his class did well in the first year of starting, in the games played.

If he’s the day one starter, he likely will struggle and probably get benched at some point and then after Jacoby doesn’t do anything, returns to finish the season.

If Jacoby is day one, he plays until he stinks it up and then Sam finishes the season.

Either way, the likely win total is 7 to 9 wins. 9 wins and maybe a wild card berth.

Jason will be gone first. The gms will be gone next, probably in the summer.

Ron needs a playoff appearance to convince Josh to retain him.

If Josh was one of the bidders who contacted Sean Payton, it might not matter what Ron does unless he goes on a deep run.

This.  We’re most likely the worst team in the division next season, and AT BEST the third place team if the Giants implode.  We would be lucky to be a wildcard team if things go well (9 wins), but I believe we’re firmly in that 7-8 win category, which takes us out of playoff contention.  I actually think we’re closer to 5 wins next year than 10, because our schedule is so tough playing the AFC East next year AND the Broncos and 49ers.  Ron will be canned when we don’t make the playoffs next season, and both Howell & Brissett start games due to lack of performance.

23 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Att all, again: No mention of name change in the thread title.

It's not going to be added, either.

If something real per name change comes into play we will have a thread specifically devoted to it.

The topic was hashed way past death, often with exceptional stupidity, for over two years, well beyond the norm for rehashing that is typical for many topics here. 

image.thumb.png.38ad016b0e81b2b92f5ebb5f910b0b96.png

Watch out kiddies, Jumbo just put on his rain jacket.

😉

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, samy316 said:

This.  We’re most likely the worst team in the division next season, and AT BEST the third place team if the Giants implode.  We would be lucky to be a wildcard team if things go well (9 wins), but I believe we’re firmly in that 7-8 win category, which takes us out of playoff contention.  I actually think we’re closer to 5 wins next year than 10, because our schedule is so tough playing the AFC East next year AND the Broncos and 49ers.  Ron will be canned when we don’t make the playoffs next season, and both Howell & Brissett start games due to lack of performance.

The Giants basically treaded water in FA. Picked up a washed up Waller but lost Julian Love, the best player in their back 7. They added no WRs of note and lost Richie James. Saquon is going to hold out of offseason activities and Lawrence may present issues if he does not get extended. I think they surprised everyone early in the season running Daniel Jones so much and their 2nd half record was not very good

12 hours ago, method man said:

The Giants basically treaded water in FA. Picked up a washed up Waller but lost Julian Love, the best player in their back 7. They added no WRs of note and lost Richie James. Saquon is going to hold out of offseason activities and Lawrence may present issues if he does not get extended. I think they surprised everyone early in the season running Daniel Jones so much and their 2nd half record was not very good

Giants are a prime candidate for regression. They are not a good team. I think they'll bottom out completely and finish with around 4 or 5 wins next year.