Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

• The lukewarm fan response to the new Commanders nickname.

“These people Jason Wright has hired have zero experience in the NFL,” Davidson said. “I know you have to start somewhere, but you’re hiring high-level people and they don’t have the knowledge and we can see how poorly things have gone. … There’s no attention to detail, and how will people get better if there are no consequences or accountability?”

Funny how these things continue to happen in this organization. Snyder doesn't know how to hire people, and he hires people who also don't know how to hire people as a result.

And saying the fan response to the new name was 'lukewarm' is being EXTREMELY generous.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's how i see it.

I've been consistent with him.  I like him in charge under Dan for 2 reasons.  1.  He's the ultimate integrity guy and brings class to an organization that desperately neeeded it.  2.  While I don't like a coach centric model, especially one based it seemed more on comfort-relationships then competence -- i got it in the context of Dan.  If they had a GM centric model -- Dan ultimately becomes the defacto GM and I get the relationships help buffer Ron from Dan's interference.

So I got zero regret with Ron running things under Dan.  Everything was fine.

But with Dan going and Harris coming aboard -- we can shoot higher.  And while I always value integrity -- it doesn't have to be the main plot line anymore with Dan gone.  Also, under that context, I prefer a FO centric model not a coach centric one.

I don't hate their off season.  It's been OK but i don't like it in the context of the division.  But what i admit that annoys me about it is.

A.  They seem to double down on riding on a wing and a prayer on the offensive line

B.  Telegraphing they draft to need

C.  This compulsion to sell their process.  The combination of Ron talking about all the congratulations texts he got from others about the draft along with this brewing Colts story -- has made me hit the breaking point with the look how good we do it narratives.  :ols:  Before it slightly annoyed me but I shrugged it off.  Now, it really bugs me.

They seem really fixated on the media, especially the national media yawning about their off seasons and want to respond to it.  But the thing is, they don't have exciting off seasons.  Exciting doesn't always equal to good.  But there is a reason why the media loves the Eagles and seem to now love the Giants too -- they are much more aggressive than this FO and they feel like the are both more competent and also are more exciting.   

They should understand that they are boring in comparison.  And either embrace it and take their lumps or change it.  The national media is not going to embrace off seasons when they go 8-8, 7-9.   If you want to prove that boring wins -- than win.  Otherwise take the lumps until you win. 

The perception seems to be those teams both do a better job and are better at jacking up excitment with fans as to their approach.  And IMO I agree with the national media about that.  If this team has another 8-9, 9-8 season, I'd fire Ron without hesitation if I were Harris.  Because to me he's the perfect storm in a bad way -- a dude that runs a decent off season but not great -- but does it with zero pizzazz to get fans excited.

Seems like this FO's version of pizzazz is a variation of hey it may look boring but we are killing it -- let us explain to you the process.  But if I am Harris, I'd think this team has to go because they both put a ceiling on this team's potential for big success but they also do it in the most vanilla-non-exciting way you can do it.  And for a franchise bleeding fans -- that's a lethal situation.  The new owner will have a honeymoon but I doubt it lasts forever. 

So again i applaud the job Ron has done.  He dealt with a lot of crap.  Rebuilt the culture in the worst of times.  i only have good feelings about Ron and the past here.  But as for the future, how he approached this off season, makes me 100% want him out as to being in charge of personnel and as HC. 

You’ve just said everything I’ve been thinking of Ron & this FO the last few years.  This team is SO boring, in comparison to the other teams in the division and all the other teams in the NFL.  Rivera acts like this team crushes its offseasons, when that couldn’t be further from the truth.  The sizzle and pizazz with this team is virtually nonexistent.  We used to be a clown show in the offseason, but entertaining.  Now we’re just a blah team, that’s an afterthought in the NFL world.  Doing nothing during the offseason, but tooting your own horn gets tiring after a while, especially if all the tooting turns into 7-10 or 8-9 mediocrity.  This team is essentially in purgatory, until Josh Harris assumes the reins.

• Like 4

In regards to ownership, Rivera talks like a person who has been steeped in the NFL front office for decades and has an understanding that you don't poke ownership installed in his very fibers. Even ownership that is on the way out.

Wright does not seem to operate in this matter, and given his newness to the front office space, that makes a little bit of sense.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, samy316 said:

You’ve just said everything I’ve been thinking of Ron & this FO the last few years.  This team is SO boring, in comparison to the other teams in the division and all the other teams in the NFL.  Rivera acts like this team crushes its offseasons, when that couldn’t be further from the truth.  The sizzle and pizazz with this team is virtually nonexistent.  We used to be a clown show in the offseason, but entertaining.  Now we’re just a blah team, that’s an afterthought in the NFL world.  Doing nothing during the offseason, but tooting your own horn gets tiring after a while, especially if all the tooting turns into 7-10 or 8-9 mediocrity.  This team is essentially in purgatory, until Josh Harris assumes the reins.

I used to make this point about Bruce that he was the perfect storm to finish this franchise up with fans -- double down on the incompetence of Vinny and mix it with even more arrogance, sleaze and a heavy dose of absolute boredom.  He and Dan had the football marriage from hell IMO that basically turned one of the most rabid fan bases in the sport to the weakest fan base in the league.

Vinny and Dan as crazy as it sounds were bad but not as bad IMO -- even for those who might disagree, they did have a better record with Vinny than they did with Bruce.  They were incompetent, arrogant but splashy.   I would take the splashy over boredom.  Even though both regimes sucked.  But its not a surprise to me that Vinny doesn't score as poorly as Bruce does in fan polls.  But both were awful for diffferent reasons.  But Bruce IMO has his fingers all over on making this team irrelevant.  

Ron IMO brought class and integrity.  And IMO brought competence.  But kept to the Bruce boredom style.  So he's an improvement but IMO not the ticket going forward. and his competence IMO is B level competence.  And improvement over other regimes but nothing killer.

I know some are so turned off to the term splashy because when you do it and fail its a spectacular fail and the national media enjoys dancing on your grave.  But aggressive-splashy doesn't have to be a bad.  Heck look at the Giants.  They make the playoffs in year one of the new regime.  They had an issue with their receiving corp.  So they go get Waller. Paris Campbell.  Trade up to get Jalin Hyatt.   I bet their fans are juiced.

And Ron clearly has a beef with the national media thinking "meh" about their drafts and off seasons in general.   Because he clearly tries to sell his approach hard, with a lot of hey people he knows loved what we did with this or that -- hint, hint, why don't you guys love it, too, you should?  If Ron wants to keep diving into boring -- OK -- but don't expect fan excitement or any media buzz about their off seasons -- they are going to want to see results to embrace that style.  

In short, Ron's off seasons feel flat compared to some other teams.  And I am not saying that an off season has to have pizzazz.  But I don't think Ron reads the room well on this for three reasons.

A.  The national media and many fans don't care about the context behind the 7-9, 8-8 season.  If this happened or that happened it would be different excuse -- doesn't fly when you got three seasons in a row like that.

B.  The national media perception of Ron is that he is indeed a good guy.  But also boring.  I think it escapes Ron that his off seasons only feeds the national perception.

C.  this is an organization that desperately needs something to juice it up.  Ron ignores that as a factor. Maybe it won't matter this year because Dan leaving might be enough, will see.    The Giants ranked 3rd in attendance -- yet had a much more slashy-get the fan base juiced off season than this team which ranked dead last in attendance.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

In regards to ownership, Rivera talks like a person who has been steeped in the NFL front office for decades and has an understanding that you don't poke ownership installed in his very fibers. Even ownership that is on the way out.

Wright does not seem to operate in this matter, and given his newness to the front office space, that makes a little bit of sense.

Yeah and I can see it both ways.

In my own selfish way, I love these digs Jason Wright continues to take at Dan from the context of this could never be turned around with him here.   Those must feel like daggers to Dan and i love that.  But it also comes off self-serving for Jason as to lobbying the next regime. 

And I cringe about all the praise Ron gives Dan whenever he's pushed on the issue.  He might be more over the top pro Dan in his comments than Gibbs was back in the day.    The idea of give Dan a break even if you (the media-fans) think Dan is a bad dude -- I can vouch that he's not a bad dude now.   Every now and then he makes comments like that.

And look i don't doubt Dan is a good guy in the context of health issues especially cancer which he went through.  That's not new.  But there are a zillion things the dude is a sleazeball on that some good actions here and there doesn't vindicate him IMO.

The reason why i cringe about it even more with Rivera versus Gibbs is there is plenty to show that Dan is indeed the same bad dude now than he was then by virtue of how he's handled all the scandals.  It's the same crap -- not taking responsibility, email leaks, scapegoating, intimidating people using PI's.  He comes of exactly the same dude.  I can argue that he's selling this team because of a series of actions where he self-imploded and took the low road in doing so versus the high road.

But at the same time, I respect Ron's approach of not throwing your boss who writes your paychecks under the bus.  He was the same way defending Jerry Richardson at Carolina and he took flak for it but stood strong on the point anyway.   Even though I can't stand the boss he's standing up for. 

JW, as I've opined many times here, is in over his head as president of an NFL franchise, let alone one as storied as ours. He believes himself to be the smartest person in the room, ignoring those with genuine institutional memory. Keim alluded to this a few months ago when discussing the many debacles from executive leadership. JW simply ignored or didn't bother to consult those people on staff. He gets no pass from me. I could say more. Get that fraud outta here!

As for RR, great guy as we all tend to agree. Mediocre coach. You wanna know the reasons for that SB run in Carolina? Look to Buffalo. Those guys are up there. His decision-making on Sundays has been atrocious, and he single-handedly have away the second Giants game and the Cleveland game with lame-brained decisions, to name but two. He belongs in the league office, not on the sidelines. And no, I don't want him in a FO leadership position here post tenure under the enduring position flex theme, this time HC/GM. It would undermine the new HC, however unintentional. He belongs in the league office, which is where he was heading (NOT to AZ or any other team) after being rightfully fired by Carolina. Like i said, great guy, which is why he wins to all those good guy/humanitarian awards. Coaching awards, playoff victories.....not so much.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

JW, as I've opined many times here, is in over his head as president of an NFL franchise, let alone one as storied as ours. He believes himself to be the smartest person in the room, ignoring those with genuine institutional memory. Keim alluded to this a few months ago when discussing the many debacles from executive leadership. JW simply ignored or didn't bother to consult those people on staff. He gets no pass from me. I could say more. Get that fraud outta here!

Been telling this board about this for some time about Jason Wright. It was clear quite awhile ago and  I'll leave it at that.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

After that Athletic article, I am convinced that Jason Wright is polishing up his LinkedIn resume at this very moment. As he should be.

Not sure where that resume applies. It sure as hell ain't an NFL front office.

• Haha 1

Just now, skinzplay said:

Oh he'll get hired by a team like the Lions or Browns. I can see it now with the Browns:

"I'm so glad to be a part of this historic franchise. We have a lot to live up to, like winning the Grey Cup in 1966 over the Baltimore Ravens. Or the great days of Auto Graham and Lou Gramm from that team in the 50s that won eleven titles in ten years. We also plan to erect a statue to former TE Ozzy Osbourne at the far end of parking lot S. I also hear Mark Mossley who was K for the Skins was on this team for a while too, but I'll have to check my papers."

• Haha 5

Extremely disappointed in Rivera for those comments. Not coming off like a snake like Wright is different from the full-throated defense that Rivera gave…completely unnecessary unforced error right as Snyder is about to be out the door.

The end is especially pathetic. “Why can’t we go off of the man he is now?” I’m sure  reading that would put a pit in the stomach of any woman (or anyone else) who suffered under Snyder all those years. Being duped by how he treats YOU, like Gibbs was, is even less understandable now than it was then. Disgusting stuff to read, from a man who emotionally cosplays as military-adjacent every day to anyone who will listen. So do you believe in accountability Rivera, or is it more important to have a dude’s back long after it’s necessary just because he hired you? 

I was 80% over Rivera but willing to see how he did this season with Howell. Now I’m 110% done with him and cannot WAIT for Harris to clean house. Can’t respect a man who sees the world, and other powerful men, like this. I’m not saying he’s a horrible guy or this cancels out the good he’s done or whatever. But I don’t want him representing my team any longer, I personally can’t abide by it in this new era. Bye. 

Again…there’s a difference between not throwing your boss under the bus if you’re wired old school, that’s fine. What Ron is doing is way over the top in comparison to that. Unsolicited idiocy. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

42 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Been telling this board about this for some time about Jason Wright. It was clear quite awhile ago and  I'll leave it at that.

We all know why JW got the job when he did. It's not because of his past jobs/performance. He comes off like his sh*t don't stink. We need to start fresh with the new owner on down. That said I like EB a lot I feel like he would be someone you keep as the new head coach. As well a select few coaches and training staff. Rivera could stay at some capacity in the front office, he is a stand up guy that the players and coaches respect. As do I.   

54 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Look, I have been extremely critical of Wright in his role with this team. But, this is a pretty tough job with a lot of moving parts and A LOT of visibility with a PASSIONATE customer base. I have no doubt he would do very well in any number of slightly lower-profile jobs with similar responsibilities. I'm not talking within the NFL...but as an executive at the top of an organization spinning decisions and being the front man? He does that very well. We just happen to know when he's full of **** because we know the intimate details between the 1982 Super Bowl-winning Skins and the 1983 runner-ups on the crest. In many businesses, that type of stuff is far less important to the customer base. 

• Like 2

He had no previous experience, IN ANY CAPACITY, with an NFL team's front office. What qualified him for a team presidency? Absolutely nothing. He's a complete fraud.

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Look, I have been extremely critical of Wright in his role with this team. But, this is a pretty tough job with a lot of moving parts and A LOT of visibility with a PASSIONATE customer base. I have no doubt he would do very well in any number of slightly lower-profile jobs with similar responsibilities. I'm not talking within the NFL...but as an executive at the top of an organization spinning decisions and being the front man? He does that very well. We just happen to know when he's full of **** because we know the intimate details between the 1982 Super Bowl-winning Skins and the 1983 runner-ups on the crest. In many businesses, that type of stuff is far less important to the customer base. 

If you owned a franchise, would you have hired him based on his NFL -EXECUTIVE-DEVOID resume to be president of your team? I most certainly would not have, and that ain't the only reason.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

He had no previous experience, IN ANY CAPACITY, with an NFL team's front office. What qualified him for a team presidency? Absolutely nothing. He's a complete fraud.

If you owned a franchise, would you have hired him based on his NFL -EXECUTIVE-DEVOID resume to be president of your team? I most certainly would not have, and that ain't the only reason.

No way. I don't think he's done well in this role. I think he's a snake. 

What I'm saying is I think he could do fine...even well...as a top executive atop SOME million- or billion-dollar organization. As the face of a large company fielding questions about Coca-Cola or IBM products? I think he does that quite well. He's smart, quick, and BSes very well. Where it breaks down for him is when many of the customers know and care a lot more than he does. That doesn't happen too often outside of sports. 

27 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

One has to wonder how and why the NFL came to 'recommend' Wright to Snyder in the first place. Unless we find evidence of Snyder meddling with every one of Wright's decisions in the future, all of the blame for these debacles rests squarely on Wright's shoulders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Extremely disappointed in Rivera for those comments. Not coming off like a snake like Wright is different from the full-throated defense that Rivera gave…completely unnecessary unforced error right as Snyder is about to be out the door.

The end is especially pathetic. “Why can’t we go off of the man he is now?” I’m sure  reading that would put a pit in the stomach of any woman (or anyone else) who suffered under Snyder all those years. Being duped by how he treats YOU, like Gibbs was, is even less understandable now than it was then. Disgusting stuff to read, from a man who emotionally cosplays as military-adjacent every day to anyone who will listen. So do you believe in accountability Rivera, or is it more important to have a dude’s back long after it’s necessary just because he hired you? 

I was 80% over Rivera but willing to see how he did this season with Howell. Now I’m 110% done with him and cannot WAIT for Harris to clean house. Can’t respect a man who sees the world, and other powerful men, like this. I’m not saying he’s a horrible guy or this cancels out the good he’s done or whatever. But I don’t want him representing my team any longer, I personally can’t abide by it in this new era. Bye. 

Again…there’s a difference between not throwing your boss under the bus if you’re wired old school, that’s fine. What Ron is doing is way over the top in comparison to that. Unsolicited idiocy. 

Yeah comes off naive from Ron or based on a very misplaced sense of duty. And I agree with your point just because someone is nice to you doesn't negate his behavior with other people.

What got me thinking about it is Ron and Wright seemed really friendly for quite some time.  So what has changed recently?

And it hit me Wright is really trashing Dan on a media tour.  And Ron when he's talked about it has done the opposite.

I recall one of Wright's interviews involved a question about Ron.  And Wright basically defended Ron by saying with new ownership he won't have all these distractions -- and he goes something like Ron won't complain about it because its not his style so I'll do it for him.  If Ron feels this loyalty to Dan -- lol, I bet he was seething watching that interview among others.

But yeah I am done with Ron more or less too after this off season for a number of reasons.  It's not a big departure for me though -- i was in favor of cleaning house with the new owner from the jump.  But Ron has made me wanting that change with more enthusiasm than I had before.

Ron is a good guy.  But IMO he's wrong or naive to buy Dan's rhetoric that its others fault for what transpired or that he changed.   Like i said, everything about how Dan has handled the investigation -- especially the intimidation tactics leveled at the witnesses is vintage old school sleaze ball Dan.  There is zero to indicate Dan changed one whit.  

But Dan seems to have some coaches (Gibbs-Rivera) and ex-players defend him because of usually a variation of the same three reasons.  1.  He is generous with lending his jet.  2.  Is sympathetic about people-family with health issues.  3.  Even though he is a douche to almost everyone else -- he puts on his best face to these people. 

But yeah as for Rivera, loyalty to his bosses which is commendable from a chain of command stand point -- it comes off ugly when its to stand by bad people. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/28713/ron-rivera-defends-decision-to-break-down-panthers-with-mr-richardson

Ron Rivera defends decision to break down Panthers with 'Mr. Richardson'

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera on Tuesday defended his decision following Sunday's playoff-clinching win against Tampa Bay to break down the team with a cry of "Mr. Richardson."

Panthers owner and founder Jerry Richardson is under investigation by the NFL for alleged workplace misconduct.

"What I've always said is I know nothing about that and I can only speak about what he has meant to me and the players," Rivera said of Richardson on Tuesday. "That's why I did it."

...Here's what Rivera said after the 22-19 victory: "Remember guys, this is about team. Everything we do is about team. The most important thing, it's about team. OK? All right. Do me a favor. Mr. Richardson on three."

Players responded by shouting "Mr. Richardson!" on three.

The Panthers (11-4) face the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, needing a win and a loss by New Orleans to Tampa Bay to win the NFC South.

Asked if at some point Richardson, who was at the game on Sunday, wanted to come into the locker room and addressed the team, Rivera said: "He's still the owner. So we'll go from there."

• Like 1

Washington Commanders

Their ownership nightmare is close to being over.

There’s nothing worse as a sports fan than horrible ownership. Disappointing players, coaches, and general managers come and go. But a bad owner extinguishes all hope. And when it’s someone as heinous as Daniel Snyder, it’s impossible to find a light at the end of the tunnel.

The sale of the Commanders isn’t yet final, but fans can finally look toward a brighter future without Snyder. It’s a day many of them probably feared might not come in their lifetimes.

As for this season? Well, there’s not a whole lot to get excited about on the field. The Commanders were ninth in defensive DVOA last year, and that’ll be the strength of the team once again in 2023. Offensively, the Commanders are expected to have a lackluster QB competition between Jacoby Brissett and Sam Howell. Their supporting cast is fine but unspectacular.

The team has gone 7-9, 7-10, and 8-8-1 in three seasons under Ron Rivera. The 2023 team seems likely to produce similar results. But for the first time since Snyder bought the team in 1999, the organization at least has a chance going forward. And for fans, that possibility is worth celebrating.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/5/9/23715940/what-we-learned-nfc-2023-nfl-offseason

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I used to make this point about Bruce that he was the perfect storm to finish this franchise up with fans -- double down on the incompetence of Vinny and mix it with even more arrogance, sleaze and a heavy dose of absolute boredom.  He and Dan had the football marriage from hell IMO that basically turned one of the most rabid fan bases in the sport to the weakest fan base in the league.

Vinny and Dan as crazy as it sounds were bad but not as bad IMO -- even for those who might disagree, they did have a better record with Vinny than they did with Bruce.  They were incompetent, arrogant but splashy.   I would take the splashy over boredom.  Even though both regimes sucked.  But its not a surprise to me that Vinny doesn't score as poorly as Bruce does in fan polls.  But both were awful for diffferent reasons.  But Bruce IMO has his fingers all over on making this team irrelevant.  

Yea, you me and @BatteredFanSyndrome and a few othres spent many a night making this argument. I was so glad when vinny was gone. Was really happy when Bruce came but that soured very quickly. Vinnie was specatacularly incompetent but I really think he had his heart in the right place. Bruce is a ****ing snake in the grass. Just as slimey as Dan. the perfect catalyst. They made a treachourous pair each trying to out slime the other. I remember many stating that being hard on bruce was giving dan a pass - NO! Both can be and were true. 

Ron IMO brought class and integrity.  And IMO brought competence.  But kept to the Bruce boredom style.  So he's an improvement but IMO not the ticket going forward. and his competence IMO is B level competence.  And improvement over other regimes but nothing killer.

I know some are so turned off to the term splashy because when you do it and fail its a spectacular fail and the national media enjoys dancing on your grave.  But aggressive-splashy doesn't have to be a bad.  Heck look at the Giants.  They make the playoffs in year one of the new regime.  They had an issue with their receiving corp.  So they go get Waller. Paris Campbell.  Trade up to get Jalin Hyatt.   I bet their fans are juiced.

And Ron clearly has a beef with the national media thinking "meh" about their drafts and off seasons in general.   Because he clearly tries to sell his approach hard, with a lot of hey people he knows loved what we did with this or that -- hint, hint, why don't you guys love it, too, you should?  If Ron wants to keep diving into boring -- OK -- but don't expect fan excitement or any media buzz about their off seasons -- they are going to want to see results to embrace that style.  

Not sure I totally agree here. This team was so depleted and always had an uphill battle getting players to come here. IMO he made one collosal mistake - he blew the QB postion. He took swings so it's not like he did nothing. But he just kept with the retreads. I was on board to a certain extent and to be fair he had some really bad luck. Still would like to see what this team would do with Fitz playing more that less than a half. He also got unlucky with Chase Young getting injured along with some othe key draft picks and FAs. Curtis Samual was a big loss. But yea he totally blew the most important position on the team at least the first few years. Will see what Sam Howell brings us. 

That's not to say I think he did great. I get the 'meh' to a certain extent but I am on the positive side of meh 🙂  We needed a little meh to build the depth of the team. A bit of better fortune and this could be a different story. 

In short, Ron's off seasons feel flat compared to some other teams.  And I am not saying that an off season has to have pizzazz.  But I don't think Ron reads the room well on this for three reasons.

A.  The national media and many fans don't care about the context behind the 7-9, 8-8 season.  If this happened or that happened it would be different excuse -- doesn't fly when you got three seasons in a row like that.

B.  The national media perception of Ron is that he is indeed a good guy.  But also boring.  I think it escapes Ron that his off seasons only feeds the national perception.

C.  this is an organization that desperately needs something to juice it up.  Ron ignores that as a factor. Maybe it won't matter this year because Dan leaving might be enough, will see.    The Giants ranked 3rd in attendance -- yet had a much more slashy-get the fan base juiced off season than this team which ranked dead last in attendance.

I am dissapointed in his latest statements about Dan. Just let it go. Don't miss the oipportunity to just vsay nothing. Let dan go his way and look forward. 

But he did change the culture at least in the lockerroom and restored at least some diginity to us fans. We are not an automatic W on everyones calendar anymore. And if Sam balls out this team will surprise. Either way this is likely Ron's last season and i am Ok with that. Harris should and probably will clean house. I would just clear virtually the entire team of executives except maybe a few assistants and some scouting. But they better know the garbage from before will not fly anymore. 

Rivera has nothing to gain publicly trashing Snyder. I'm sure on the inside and in private he knows how much of a liability he is but again, there is nothing to gain. Better to maintain class and dignity in the public so if/when you're let go from the new regime, you still have standing as a good guy for your next gig.

Regarding Wright...meh. I feel like he gets a ton of attention for someone who has nothing to do with the actual football operation. Nobody has any idea who the president of business ops is for any other team. And there is no chance he'll be put in a job running the football operation under the new regime. That ain't how Harris operates at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Rivera has nothing to gain publicly trashing Snyder. I'm sure on the inside and in private he knows how much of a liability he is but again, there is nothing to gain. Better to maintain class and dignity in the public so if/when you're let go from the new regime, you still have standing as a good guy for your next gig.

Again, there’s a difference between not trashing him—understandable—and saying all that Rivera is saying, unprompted and for no reason. It’s over the top, not necessary, you’d think he was Snyder’s PR person and lawyer rolled into one. It’s an unforced error. He can say much, much less to maintain his “good employee” standing. What he’s doing is actually the opposite of maintaining his class and dignity because the entire rest of the world sees what Snyder is and would understand if he didn’t want to attack the guy who hired him—but it goes way beyond that…Rivera is getting caught with his lips on that monster’s ass when he didn’t need to. It makes him look like an out of touch, tone deaf fool. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

One has to wonder how and why the NFL came to 'recommend' Wright to Snyder in the first place. Unless we find evidence of Snyder meddling with every one of Wright's decisions in the future, all of the blame for these debacles rests squarely on Wright's shoulders.

Wright and Snyder share the same Dunning Kruger syndrom. The difference between them is that Snyder is arrogant and vindictive while Wright tries to be an oportunist. I believe he will fail because the new owner will clean the augean stables to put his own staff in charge.

• Like 1