Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

Herein lies the problem for those that root for losses.

You’ve let one individual (Snyder) consume you to the point that it’s now more important to you to watch his demise than the 100+ players and staff working their asses off to turn the program around. That to me is sad. Understandable, but sad.

If I got to that point, I’d stop watching. Dan Snyder’s smug face doesn’t cross my mind when cheering for a win. The 100+ do. 

And F Irsay. That guy is a blabbering drunk pill head who spent all off season doing the same thing that you would crucify Snyder for, which is leading a witch hunt on a recently scapegoated player that was just tossed out the door. And you feel bad that Irsay and the Colts lost? Mental gymnastics is right. 

No offense, but I’m not taking any advice from anyone still so obsessed with this team that they can’t fathom why folks harbor major resentment for Dan.  Believe me, I also look at guys like you as if you’re certifiably insane to still care so much.  I always chuckle when you guys pretend to be on a high horse talking about you’ll never stop caring and if you do, you won’t watch.  As if there is some law that you have to be a die hard fan to watch a football game.  

I never said that I literally root for losses.  What I do, is watch the games pretty much devoid of any attachment or emotion of the outcome.  There are moments from year to year where I get into the games, but nothing like how it used to be.

My point was that over the summer, I saw the Colts game as one I definitely wanted to win - specifically because of how they did Carson on his way out and how they made Matt Ryan out to be Joe Montana in his prime.  But given the matchup was Heinicke vs. Ehlinger’s 1st NFL start and Dan Snyder’s “spokesperson” statement about the teams meeting on the field the day before the game, I would not have been sad at all to see him leave with an L.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Howard Gutman, attorney, ex-ambassador, and said he has a good connection to a league source.   Just on Sheehan.

In short:

A.  He thinks the current NFL investigation and build up from Goodell saying it rests on this -- tips to hm that its more likely to be damning to Dan than helpful

B.  Suspects that the current investigation will have a surprise twist that goes beyond Tiffany Johnson and Jason Friedman.

C.  He thinks Dan would have a hard time challenging this in court if they vote him out.   But Dan's presentation in court would be ugly for the league because it would likely center on is case being you guys think this is bad, well look at these cases with these owners. 

He believes ultimately Dan gets voted out but the whole process won't be settled until 2024 or 2025

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Howard Gutman, attorney, ex-ambassador, and said he has a good connection to a league source.   Just on Sheehan.

In short:

A.  He thinks the current NFL investigation and build up from Goodell saying it rests on this -- tips to hm that its more likely to be damning to Dan than helpful

B.  Suspects that the current investigation will have a surprise twist that goes beyond Tiffany Johnson and Jason Friedman.

C.  He thinks Dan would have a hard time challenging this in court if they vote him out.   But Dan's presentation in court would be ugly for the league because it would likely center on is case being you guys think this is bad, well look at these cases with these owners. 

He believes ultimately Dan gets voted out but the whole process won't be settled until 2024 or 2025

He has said a bunch of times that Jeff Pash was his law school classmate. Wonder if that is his league source

Just now, method man said:

He has said a bunch of times that Jeff Pash was his law school classmate. Wonder if that is his league source

Could be.  I like that he suggested he was getting information from this person but now that person said at this point they can't talk about this --which he took as a good sign that they are developing a good case against Dan. 

I will never fault a fan for sticking with their team.  If you spend time posting on a team site that means you are pretty hard core. But I wonder now how many of us hard core have pulled away.  Some may watch but don't care, some don't watch, others like me watch on replay but don't openly root against them and some of course hope they lose every game.  

Judging from the posts it's got to be over half I would think.  

One has to wonder what's in the rest of those Gruden-Allen emails. I recall there was one message where Jeff Pash said keeping player salaries low was "doing God's work." This is what I think the NFL owners are scared of: that evidence of collusion to keep salaries low will be exposed. It's amazing that people would actually put this kind of damning information in email in the first place. I believe collusion happened in the MLB and the owners got dinged for it.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

2 hours ago, method man said:

If I remember correctly, Pash was also Bruce's good buddy...and, there are leaked email exchanges between the two making fun of league diversity efforts and scheming ways around league fines. 

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I will never fault a fan for sticking with their team.  If you spend time posting on a team site that means you are pretty hard core. But I wonder now how many of us hard core have pulled away.  Some may watch but don't care, some don't watch, others like me watch on replay but don't openly root against them and some of course hope they lose every game.  

Judging from the posts it's got to be over half I would think.  

I'm one of those who will always be 100% in no matter who owns the team or anything else.   I want Snyder to lift the SB trophy, not because I like Dan, but because I love the team.

I thought the name change would diminish some of my passion, but so far it hasn't.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm one of those who will always be 100% in no matter who owns the team or anything else.   I want Snyder to lift the SB trophy, not because I like Dan, but because I love the team.

I thought the name change would diminish some of my passion, but so far it hasn't.   

I want the team to win. I couldn't care less who lifts the trophy, like you.

I am just 110% sure that while he owns the team, that won't happen.  I want him gone as a despicable person and an even worse owner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Umm wow, what is the cap hit on straight cutting this dude?

If the Commanders were to release him this year, they would assume $13 million in “dead cap” and save $812,500, according to the website Over the Cap. One reason Washington would consider this move would be to clear the books for next season, when Jackson is set to have a cap hit of $15.75 million, one of the most expensive in the league.

If Washington puts Jackson on IR, it officially would sideline him for at least four weeks but probably would end his season — and the move would be a gamble. Washington would be betting it could revive the trade market for Jackson in the offseason or rehabilitate the partnership and find a way for him to produce in 2023.

If neither happened, the Commanders would assume $9 million in dead cap by cutting him before June 1.

Send him to the Dolphins for a slice of key lime pie

Edited by FrFan

8 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Taylor Swift is skipping FedEd entirely on her new tour...wonder why?

https://www.washingtonian.com/2022/11/01/taylor-swift-skips-dan-snyders-lousy-stadium/

Didn’t she play here in 2015? She must not hate this stadium too much if she played here back then. 

a couple people I know are HUGE Taylor swift fans and they texted me today all angry that she won’t be coming here, cause they wanted some free tickets 😂

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Didn’t she play here in 2015? She must not hate this stadium too much if she played here back then. 

a couple people I know are HUGE Taylor swift fans and they texted me today all angry that she won’t be coming here, cause they wanted some free tickets 😂

Maybe she has bad memories of toilet water.

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Maybe. But also I do remember the power going off for a bit the night she played here in 2015 (I wasn’t there but I saw articles about it). 

I think that was a two night show. 

Sounds like there was to do with hand bags being thrown in bushes too.

I remember going to a Wizards game last year and they were trying to tell wife she couldn't bring in a purse. We went to a different entrance, and they didn't care. I get not being able to bring in backpacks and large bags but a purse? Come on. Women need that **** to survive. 

43 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Maybe. But also I do remember the power going off for a bit the night she played here in 2015 (I wasn’t there but I saw articles about it). 

I think that was a two night show. 

A lot's changed since 2015. I don't recall safety hazards and sewage spills being an issue back then. Her tour's insurer might not want to deal with the risk when there are several other stadiums in the area that can host concerts.

Just now, profusion said:

A lot's changed since 2015. I don't recall safety hazards and sewage spills being an issue back then. Her tour's insurer might not want to deal with the risk when there are several other stadiums in the area that can host concerts.

Actually I was wrong, last time she was here was 2018, not 2015, so more recent. The stadium sucked as much back then as it does now, so I’m in no way saying she’s wrong for skipping this dump 😂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wild to think, we gave up a 3rd and maybe a 2nd too for Wentz and got a 3rd round comp for Kirk which is basically an early 4th rounder a year later.  Hallmark of a crap show FO.

Not to mention sabotaging the value of Trent Williams--when Allen had a 1st round pick on the table for him. He was more interested in being a dick then getting good value.

Edited by Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Actually I was wrong, last time she was here was 2018, not 2015, so more recent. The stadium sucked as much back then as it does now, so I’m in no way saying she’s wrong for skipping this dump 😂

Not surprisingly, I don't follow Taylor Swift's itinerary either. :lol:

I haven't been to FedEx Field in almost a decade. I wasn't thrilled with it then, but I never felt physically at risk.

I'm a little surprised she didn't at least book M&T Bank Stadium, though. A lot of money floating around in this region. Maybe her management felt that two nights in Philadelphia would draw heavily from the DMV.