Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The never ending hell of Ron Rivera.

It's not Rivera. We literally had two Super Bowl head coaches on our staff and still had one winning season. No coach will win here. You're pointing at the symptom, Snyder is the cancer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not expecting success right away with a new owner at least to me means nothing. I would trade dumping the whole roster and starting over with Jim Zorn coaching this team versus sticking with Dan.

Count me in the group that Dan leaving would make me as giddy as our SB wins 

Even with a new Owner I dont expect us to compete until 2026 at the earliest. This roster is worlds away from being good 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The way I see it right now is Ron and the FO need to break this habit of sitting on their hands, its time to be aggressive and the name of the game is getting elite players into your facility

We currently have two elite NFL players to my mind, Terry McLaurin and Jonathan Allen, we have some very good ones but they are the two elite players we have and as you can see with Terry he's literally winning us games

So get aggressive Ron, call the Saints see what they want for Kamara, work the trade market and see what top talent we can pull in, pay the price because it wins games

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not expecting success right away with a new owner at least to me means nothing. I would trade dumping the whole roster and starting over with Jim Zorn coaching this team versus sticking with Dan.

Count me in the group that Dan leaving would make me as giddy as our SB wins 

FfxY5S8XoAAVnU3?format=jpg&name=900x900

bandwagon.jpg?resize=600,400

Hop on we've got room left !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Maybe it’s just me, but after the Commanders statement was released about Irsay violating the “constitution” and that their teams would meet on Sunday….I lost any desire to beat the Colts.  

Being a fan of this team requires mental gymnastics to begin with but just thinking of Dan leaving Indy smug and happy is not something I like to think about.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

The way I see it right now is Ron and the FO need to break this habit of sitting on their hands, its time to be aggressive and the name of the game is getting elite players into your facility

We currently have two elite NFL players to my mind, Terry McLaurin and Jonathan Allen, we have some very good ones but they are the two elite players we have and as you can see with Terry he's literally winning us games

So get aggressive Ron, call the Saints see what they want for Kamara, work the trade market and see what top talent we can pull in, pay the price because it wins games

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bsulyhi6ggo1639ysdol

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe it’s just me, but after the Commanders statement was released about Irsay violating the “constitution” and that their teams would meet on Sunday….I lost any desire to beat the Colts.  

Being a fan of this team requires mental gymnastics to begin with but just thinking of Dan leaving Indy smug and happy is not something I like to think about.

This was the first time I was openly rooting against Washington for this very reason.  I can't be unhappy to see  Taylor engineer a game winning drive but I would have preferred a different result.  

When they win he wins and I just can't root for that.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wild to think, we gave up a 3rd and maybe a 2nd too for Wentz and got a 3rd round comp for Kirk which is basically an early 4th rounder a year later.  Hallmark of a crap show FO.

Should be an interesting game next Sunday. 

It’s just what this team does because it’s always about competing that specific year. They aren’t allowed to have a step back. The same thing will happen with Payne. There’s no coherent long term team building 

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

It’s just what this team does because it’s always about competing that specific year. They aren’t allowed to have a step back. The same thing will happen with Payne. There’s no coherent long term team building 

That's 100% on the owner.  I don't expect ANY HC to put their own job on the line to set up the future -- why sacrifice your current job security to likely help the next coach show you up?

Dolphins owner years back was upfront about rebuilding.  Irsay has hinted of it of late. 

Our owner gets referenced over and over again for having no patience for that. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Herein lies the problem for those that root for losses.

You’ve let one individual (Snyder) consume you to the point that it’s now more important to you to watch his demise than the 100+ players and staff working their asses off to turn the program around. That to me is sad. Understandable, but sad.

If I got to that point, I’d stop watching. Dan Snyder’s smug face doesn’t cross my mind when cheering for a win. The 100+ do. 

And F Irsay. That guy is a blabbering drunk pill head who spent all off season doing the same thing that you would crucify Snyder for, which is leading a witch hunt on a recently scapegoated player that was just tossed out the door. And you feel bad that Irsay and the Colts lost? Mental gymnastics is right. 

Edited by CommanderCarson
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

If I got to that point, I’d stop watching.

Many have done just that. And I promise you that you have no idea how you’ll react when you reach that point. We all have different breaking points. The only, and I mean only, data point about yourself that you truly have right now is that you haven’t reached yours. Anybody here (or no longer here) who reached their personal breaking point did so after a lifetime of thinking they wouldn’t have one. We know for sure that we don’t…right up until the moment that we do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

Many have done just that. And I promise you that you have no idea how you’ll react when you reach that point. We all have different breaking points. The only, and I mean only, data point about yourself that you truly have right now is that you haven’t reached yours. Anybody here (or no longer here) who reached their personal breaking point did so after a lifetime of thinking they wouldn’t have one. We know for sure that we don’t…right up until the moment that we do. 

I don’t think I’ll get there, but maybe you’re right and I do. But one thing I’ll promise you, is if I do, I won’t be posting on a team forum about being sad about Dan Snyder leaving Indianapolis with a smug face. Id just follow the NFL on the whole or step away altogether. But to each their own. 

1 hour ago, CommanderCarson said:

I don’t think I’ll get there, but maybe you’re right and I do. But one thing I’ll promise you, is if I do, I won’t be posting on a team forum about being sad about Dan Snyder leaving Indianapolis with a smug face. Id just follow the NFL on the whole or step away altogether. But to each their own. 

If you hit your breaking point, you don’t know what your coping mechanisms will be. That’s my only point. 

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

If you hit your breaking point, you don’t know what your coping mechanisms will be. That’s my only point. 

We’ll see if I get there, I’ll never say never. And maybe you’re right. But that’s more of a personality thing, and again, to each their own. I am not condemning it, but I do feel sad for it. I really hope I don’t get there. 

38 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

We’ll see if I get there, I’ll never say never. And maybe you’re right. But that’s more of a personality thing, and again, to each their own. I am not condemning it, but I do feel sad for it. I really hope I don’t get there. 

To each their own is absolutely correct!

While some around here choose to persist in believing that Wile E Coyote will eventually catch Bugs Bunny (win a SB), some of us are still hanging around with full understanding that this is actually pretty good comedy and it never ever seems to end! What's better than watching self-immolation occur to a total asshat year after year after year?

:rofl89:

And you're the one claiming to feel sad for us?

😂

EPIC! :headbang:

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 1