Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

15 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Just saw report from ProFootballTalk that Bezos has NOT submitted a bid for the Commanders.  Not sure if this has been discussed in this thread today or not.

Forbes reporting no bid exceeded $6.3 billion.

The other thread is more about the sale and that is being discussed quite a bit.

Lol….Rivera told me it takes 3 years….we have a dt that wants to be paid at this point let him walk he’s not making us any better im sorry daboll winning leaves a

nasty taste in my mouth about where we are as a franchise….nobody deserves to be paid on this roster period.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Lol….Rivera told me it takes 3 years….we have a dt that wants to be paid at this point let him walk he’s not making us any better im sorry daboll winning leaves a

nasty taste in my mouth about where we are as a franchise….nobody deserves to be paid on this roster period.

He’s a mediocre HC. Beyond woeful head of football ops. Bumbling idiot 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

On Standig's podcast his source tells him that Rivera's meeting with Snyder is not today but sometime this week.

Need that to happen so we can get a better idea about the financial situation.

I'm pretty sure it cost a pretty penny to cut Turner, so that would indicate some maneuverability, but still a major unknown.

My plan my budget meme - MemeZila.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Any seats are hard to find

In addition to selling huge numbers of tickets, NFL teams sold most of their allotment as well. Thirty-one of the league’s 32 teams sold at least 92% of their capacity. Only the Washington Commanders, at 85.9%, failed to reach that threshhold. Seven teams were at at least 100%.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2023/01/16/Upfront/nfl-attendance.aspx

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Any seats are hard to find

In addition to selling huge numbers of tickets, NFL teams sold most of their allotment as well. Thirty-one of the league’s 32 teams sold at least 92% of their capacity. Only the Washington Commanders, at 85.9%, failed to reach that threshhold. Seven teams were at at least 100%.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2023/01/16/Upfront/nfl-attendance.aspx

And yet our sales increased over 10% from last year.  Just imagine what a new owner and being feature on hard knocks could do. 

• Like 1

Keim said they have 8 candidates for offensive coordinator

Bevell ran RO for Russell Wilson.  Greg Roman who they supposedly have interest in if he becomes available also ran RO in SF.  Shurmur who they are supposedly interested in -- in the mix of things run a heavy RPO system for Chip Kelly.  Feels like a theme. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim said they have 8 candidates for offensive coordinator

Bevell ran RO for Russell Wilson.  Greg Roman who they supposedly have interest in if he becomes available also ran RO in SF.  Shurmur who they are supposedly interested in -- in the mix of things run a heavy RPO system for Chip Kelly.  Feels like a theme. 

Who were the others you haven't mentioned, SIP other than Zampese?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rumor is Shurnur, Bevell. Maybe Roman if let go. 

You mentioned Bevell, Roman and Shurmur but you said there were 8 in a previous post from Keim.  I was wondering who the other 5 were, if Keim mentioned them. 

It's not exactly reassuring that the head coach shuffles between two below average QBs for 16 games then starts the rookie for game 17. After that game he fires the OC and then proclaims the rookie QB the future. 

IMO the GM/head coach should have fired himself from HC duties for sticking with an ineffective OC for 3 years and not even having a clue what offense he wants until the end of 3 entire seasons.

Now everything is going to be different with a new OC, when no one in his right mind would want the job, and a QB that he didn't trust enough to start the entire year?

Ok buddy.

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rumor is Shurnur, Bevell. Maybe Roman if let go. 

Keim on The Junkies is eluding to Ron wants a guy with more experience and that can run a system more system to what they want.  Short quick passes, create underneath space, run the ball and not necessarily a downfield offense.  Guys that could fill that bill.  He said Reicht and Caldwell would fit well but interviewing for HC jobs.  They don't really want it to be a big change.  He did say Heinicke is an option, they'd like to have him back as the backup.  He dropped Brissetts name again if Heinicke bolts but not expecting a big swing.  Doesn't mean they won't inquire.  They want to beef up the Oline, improve the back 7 and maximize the offensive scheme with the next OC.

He explained you assume they max out the cap (different money) but it's the guaranteed contracts are TBD based on RR and Snyder meeting about a budget.

Keim says they really like Howell and won't likely have the budget for the Carr or a Garoppolo type.  He kind of debunked the Standig report that Turner didn't want Wentz.  Said that was not something you heard at the time Wentz was signed.  Here's something I hadn't heard but besides trying to go after Wilson but also Kyler Murray.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Im clutching here, but is there any chance if the Ownership change goes through as quick as JP Finlay etc are suggesting that we could see Ron etc let go too?

A man can dream

March feels like the realistic accelerated timeline for a new owner, if we’re lucky. That is too late for a sweep of the coaching staff unfortunately. The timing just seems like it won’t work out. 

The most important thing is new ownership though, other than hoping Howell continues to develop I don’t really care about anything else. I’ve said all along that for all I care, everything can be flushed and sacrificed for a real shot at new ownership. I still believe that, and I’m not gonna get greedy now. 

• Like 3