Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Look at the bright side

snyder tried to save his business failure without a rebrand, and it’s a dumpster fire. 

Also, we’re a miracle second half against a team that was throttling us and is apparently better than us, away from being 0-4

😂 

if there isn’t a serious adjustment, it’s hard to see where they get a win 

The last thing I can do to show my dissatisfaction is to not watch this team. It’s not that we are losing, but that the whole organization is an embarrassment and filled with losers in life.  I’m not mad at the players, its EVERYONE else. So, I’ve decided to not watch this team until they become a grown up franchise. After 44 years and only missing maybe 5 games, I’m done.

These black uniforms really helped with this decision. I didn’t feel like I watched a Washington team. I mean everything was still ****ty on the field, but it was ****ty in black. The name sucks, the uniforms suck, the owner super sucks, the front office sucks, the coaching sucks. I feel bad for the good guys on the team. I feel bad for rookies, because they will probably not get the most out of their talent.

Ill still root for McLaurin, Dotson, Allen and Payne and keep track of them. But, I just cannot watch another minute of this.

I had high hopes for this year. So disappointed. I don’t remember the last time I thought we were actual going to play tough. I thought the division was going to be us or the Eagles. I didn’t think the D would show up, but I thought we were definitely going to be a better team than last year or at least have a way better and more exciting offense. 

im out until Dan is gone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Did our OL coach from last year retire or something? I remember him making nobodies look good but now? Idk

Even the greatest of coaches have their limits. There is only so much you can do when your down to the 4th string at center. Also, there is a ton more going on with this team than just coaching. Saying that, I also feel like this is one of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen. Rivera was a mediocre coach at best when he got here, but I just don’t believe he can be this bad. 

im wondering if there are coaches he wants to get rid of and the owner is saying no, because he doesn’t have the money to continue to pay the contracts while bringing someone else on. It’s all speculation, but we know the longer coaches stay, the worse things get. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some coaches step away at the end of the season. Maybe even Rivera. Who would want to coach in this mess of an organization for an owner whose a massive turd.

Furthermore, I told my friends and family at the time he was hired that if he stayed away from Hurney and other Panthers, that would be his best opportunity to succeed. Well…

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

How would you evaluate Ron through 36 games and 3 off seasons? Iv got more issues with Ron than I had with Jay honestly and here's a blunt overview:

- 26 players drafted, 0 home run talents identified although a few good ones Gibson, Curl, Dotson

- 0 competent Middle Linebackers found, and a timely reminder that both Rivera and Del Rio were both Linebackers in the league, Jamin Davis the most notable whiff

- Inherited 3 top tier NFL players Terry McLaurin, Jonathan Allen and Brandon Scherff. 3 years on, we now have just 2 top tier NFL players

- 7 Different QB's, all absolutely horrendous. Now that's somewhat padded by stand in's but he's hitched his wagon to the horse that is Carson Wentz, Wentz has fallen over at the first hurdle. $28m to find out if Wentz had anything left, spoiler alert ... he doesn't. 0 Pocket presence, plays nervous, inaccurate, holds the ball far too long. Many will make excuses for Wentz, I won't, he's a % of the player we saw light us up every year in Philly and if we're sat here this time next year still wheeling him out at QB then we'll know the organisation is still as flawed as it always is

- 2 bang average Co-ordinators hired. Not only his player evaluation called into question, but his coaching evaluation too. On the offensive side we have Turner who will happily run the ball on 2nd and 26, regularly calls either too pass happy or too run happy rarely ever finds a good balance. On the defence JDR who inherited a secondary in disarray and a front loaded with potential but yet to fully prove themselves with results, sound familiar?

- 0 lessons learned, I think above all of them this one stings the most. Upon being fired by Carolina where results had completely dwindled Ron decided to come to Washington and bring everything he could with him, result? It's not working again, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, lord knows why he thought bringing his substandard playing and coaching staff with him would get him a different result here but he did and it hasn't

Washington is in a real predicament here, Ron will luck out to a few basement battle wins and move us just out of range for a stud QB in the draft and for me that's worse than blowing the whole thing up now Ala Jay to Callahan and going into a good draft for QB's with good stock and hopefully a younger more innovative HC at the helm.

Take it as a given that Dan Snyder is a horrendous owner I really don't think it needs explaining

Ron's a good guy, who means well and whilst I'm disappointed with how's its turned out, I still believe he was the right hire at a time when the organisation needed more than a football HC. But we're into year 3 now and rightly the focus has to be on results, unfortunately for Ron he doesn't produce any, it's time to go

Edited by BrentMeisterGeneral
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Be interesting to see how many show up for Titans game and QB doesn't work out. So how does Dan react if the opposite happens?  No Qb.  Tickert sales flag?

the most interesting part of it is they seem fixated on getting stadium money from Virgiinia and a good season will help convince Virginia to do it.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Dan won't have a choice. He has to make a change to save this franchise. Young fans are not watching this team. Home games and taken over by opposing fans. The new name and jerseys are not selling well. He can't make a deal for a new stadium. 

Got to bring in a young football smart coach, and there a plenty of them. Get ahead of new trend before other teams catch on.

There has been absolutely nothing to indicate dan is this aware. He is completely oblivious and is certain he always has a choice and his choice is right, depsite the disasterous results.  it's always those around him that fail, never him. The rest is not directly at you. Just a launching point. 

I, like @BatteredFanSyndrome and others, have been sure Ron was coming back. I can only speak to my own reasons and they are very simliar to batteredfan. 

1. I did not think we would be/could be this bad. Virtually all the - well it could go this way or that way, have have the worst way possible. Right now this team is epically bad on offense. I agree there is no reason for this. I am not sure where the blame is but it starts with the Oline and that is mostly on Ron and the rest of the FO blowing it up without bringing in competent replacements. I get letting Flowers and especailly Scherrf go, but it appears they greatly over-valued thier replacements. So this point is changing for me. I have been a huge Ron supporter but I am changing my mind. The last 3 weeks have been more than dissapointing. I knew the D would be **** but really had higher exectations for the off. Sad part is the D is starting to figure it out, at least a little. 

2. With the dissarray in the FO and the team under such scrutiny outside of football (not here to debate those points, they belong in the tailgate. Just stating the fact that team has significant off the field issues), Ron's reputation as being an upstandoing citizen so to speak will keep him here. The league behind closed doors may not want to force dan out, but they will tell him what keeping his team means and it means with all the scandal they need someone otherwise squeaky clean. Ron fits that profile. And honestly why should they care if thgat means contant losing by the team. It measn they will win more. 

3. This is probably the most important. Dan is loathe to fire coaches before thier contracts are up. He does not like to pay for coaches not on the team any more. He would owe Ron siginficant money and would laso be paying someone else big money. Not sayting he would not and has not done it, but it's well known he hates to spend that money, wether becasue is just a cheap **** or has cash vflow issues could be debated but either way he hates to spend that money. 

You put those together and Ron is not going anywehre. Now if they end 1-15 then it would seem a change has to be made. But again is dan that aware? Will the owners let him? 

But one thing I noticed about Dan, he rarely just makes a clean break from one coaching staff to another, giving that staff an open book to make all and any changes needed. Everyone  except Joe has been saddled with something to start or during. 

Marty - saddled with Vinny.

Spurrier - Had Patrrick Ramsey forced on him

Joe Gibbs - Only one that was given free reign although he had to deal with Vinny but I think had Joe truly put his foot down Vinny would have been gone. 

Jim Zorn - Had his coordinators and QB chosen for him

Mike S - Donovan McNabb and then Robert

Jay Gruden - DC and Robert

Ron R - Haskins

This does not even include all the other meddling we do not know about. This is shaping up to be the right time to for once make a full and clean break and for me that would include firing Jason Wright.

Many of us have been beating the drum of hire a true GM, let them hire a HC and GTFOOTW!! Let them do all they need to including getting rid of whatever players, FO, support staff, anything they need to. Those of us saying, also said that if losing Ron when we liked was part of that, then it would be worth it. 

Bottom line is Dan is just not selkf aware to admit he is he problem. And make no mistake, dan is the ****ing problem, period end of that conversation. There are others helping it be bad but it all starts with him. That's why I am also certain getting rid of Ron will not change a thing. dan will decide something stupid like JDR needs to stay or that Howell is the star of the future and not let them draft a QB. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

The last thing I can do to show my dissatisfaction is to not watch this team. It’s not that we are losing, but that the whole organization is an embarrassment and filled with losers in life.  I’m not mad at the players, its EVERYONE else. So, I’ve decided to not watch this team until they become a grown up franchise. After 44 years and only missing maybe 5 games, I’m done.

These black uniforms really helped with this decision. I didn’t feel like I watched a Washington team. I mean everything was still ****ty on the field, but it was ****ty in black. The name sucks, the uniforms suck, the owner super sucks, the front office sucks, the coaching sucks. I feel bad for the good guys on the team. I feel bad for rookies, because they will probably not get the most out of their talent.

Ill still root for McLaurin, Dotson, Allen and Payne and keep track of them. But, I just cannot watch another minute of this.

I had high hopes for this year. So disappointed. I don’t remember the last time I thought we were actual going to play tough. I thought the division was going to be us or the Eagles. I didn’t think the D would show up, but I thought we were definitely going to be a better team than last year or at least have a way better and more exciting offense. 

im out until Dan is gone. 

You will be missed.

It was a privilege and an honor serving with you.

You are always welcome  here.

image.png.72c7921a8e1587f9bb6fe86c8bba456e.png

We who fight on solemnly salute the fallen.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

You will be missed.

It was a privilege and an honor serving with you.

You are always welcome  here.

image.png.72c7921a8e1587f9bb6fe86c8bba456e.png

We who fight on solemnly salute the fallen.

I'm not leaving the board. I mostly hangout in the tailgate. I'm just refusing to give this steaming turd anymore of my time on Sundays at least until that little twerp and his wife are gone.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Man, the last 30 years have sucked with this football team.    Here's a stat that's somewhat depressing, but in a way hopeful...

In the last 30 years, We've had 5 good starts midway through the season:

1996:  7-1...Finished 9-7, missed playoffs

2000:  6-2...Finished 8-8, missed playoffs

2008:  6-2...Finished 8-8, missed playoffs

2016:   6-3-1...Finished 8-7-1, missed playoffs

2018:  6-3...Finished 7-9, missed playoffs

The last 5 times we made the playoffs, We had losing records midway through the season:

2005:  5-6....Finished 10-6

2007:  5-7....Finished 9-7

2012...3-6....Finished 10-6

2015...5-7....Finished 9-7

2020...2-7....Finished 7-9

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I'm not leaving the board. I mostly hangout in the tailgate. I'm just refusing to give this steaming turd anymore of my time on Sundays at least until that little twerp and his wife are gone.

Cool.

My post was completely sincere.

I feel the same pain and frustration and struggle with whether or not my continued concern for this team is beneficial to my overall quality of life and well being.

I feel like those of us who remain are a dying breed. The last of the best of a once proud, loyal and honorable fan base.

I just don't know how much longer I can take this.

Glad you're sticking around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

There has been absolutely nothing to indicate dan is this aware. He is completely oblivious and is certain he always has a choice and his choice is right, depsite the disasterous results.  it's always those around him that fail, never him. The rest is not directly at you. Just a launching point. 

I, like @BatteredFanSyndrome and others, have been sure Ron was coming back. I can only speak to my own reasons and they are very simliar to batteredfan. 

1. I did not think we would be/could be this bad. Virtually all the - well it could go this way or that way, have have the worst way possible. Right now this team is epically bad on offense. I agree there is no reason for this. I am not sure where the blame is but it starts with the Oline and that is mostly on Ron and the rest of the FO blowing it up without bringing in competent replacements. I get letting Flowers and especailly Scherrf go, but it appears they greatly over-valued thier replacements. So this point is changing for me. I have been a huge Ron supporter but I am changing my mind. The last 3 weeks have been more than dissapointing. I knew the D would be **** but really had higher exectations for the off. Sad part is the D is starting to figure it out, at least a little. 

2. With the dissarray in the FO and the team under such scrutiny outside of football (not here to debate those points, they belong in the tailgate. Just stating the fact that team has significant off the field issues), Ron's reputation as being an upstandoing citizen so to speak will keep him here. The league behind closed doors may not want to force dan out, but they will tell him what keeping his team means and it means with all the scandal they need someone otherwise squeaky clean. Ron fits that profile. And honestly why should they care if thgat means contant losing by the team. It measn they will win more. 

3. This is probably the most important. Dan is loathe to fire coaches before thier contracts are up. He does not like to pay for coaches not on the team any more. He would owe Ron siginficant money and would laso be paying someone else big money. Not sayting he would not and has not done it, but it's well known he hates to spend that money, wether becasue is just a cheap **** or has cash vflow issues could be debated but either way he hates to spend that money. 

You put those together and Ron is not going anywehre. Now if they end 1-15 then it would seem a change has to be made. But again is dan that aware? Will the owners let him? 

But one thing I noticed about Dan, he rarely just makes a clean break from one coaching staff to another, giving that staff an open book to make all and any changes needed. Everyone  except Joe has been saddled with something to start or during. 

Marty - saddled with Vinny.

Spurrier - Had Patrrick Ramsey forced on him

Joe Gibbs - Only one that was given free reign although he had to deal with Vinny but I think had Joe truly put his foot down Vinny would have been gone. 

Jim Zorn - Had his coordinators and QB chosen for him

Mike S - Donovan McNabb and then Robert

Jay Gruden - DC and Robert

Ron R - Haskins

This does not even include all the other meddling we do not know about. This is shaping up to be the right time to for once make a full and clean break and for me that would include firing Jason Wright.

Many of us have been beating the drum of hire a true GM, let them hire a HC and GTFOOTW!! Let them do all they need to including getting rid of whatever players, FO, support staff, anything they need to. Those of us saying, also said that if losing Ron when we liked was part of that, then it would be worth it. 

Bottom line is Dan is just not selkf aware to admit he is he problem. And make no mistake, dan is the ****ing problem, period end of that conversation. There are others helping it be bad but it all starts with him. That's why I am also certain getting rid of Ron will not change a thing. dan will decide something stupid like JDR needs to stay or that Howell is the star of the future and not let them draft a QB. 

I told a friend of mine this last week as to why Washington always sucks. Every new coach always comes here with someone already in place. If we end up with a high pick to draft a QB I do not want Ron here. That will only set the QB up for failure after Ron get fired and the new coach will be strapped to the 2nd year QB and rinse and repeat. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Cool.

My post was completely sincere.

I feel the same pain and frustration and struggle with whether or not my continued concern for this team is beneficial to my overall quality of life and well being.

I feel like those of us who remain are a dying breed. The last of the best of a once proud, loyal and honorable fan base.

I just don't know how much longer I can take this.

Glad you're sticking around.

Thank you. I hope you double fist your way to happiness! It is a dying breed, but not because we're fair weather. 

Sometimes you just have to take a stand in life. There is no reason for me to continue to give this team ratings. I don't want to show any support for that guy. 

The last thing I purchased, actually it was a Christmas gift, was a Haynesworth jersey. I won't give that guy one more ounce of my time. We'll, except to come on here and **** about him 😂

11 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Man, the last 30 years have sucked with this football team.    Here's a stat that's somewhat depressing, but in a way hopeful...

The last 5 times we made the playoffs, We had losing records midway through the season:

So if we win 2 in our next in our next 5 we still have a chance. 

Through my contacts and well placed sources, I have been able to identify upwards of 30 people that can help save this franchise!

Unfortunately, those 30 people are Roger Goodell and the other owners, and they're a bunch of spineless ****sucking asshole who won't do a ****ing thing.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Just for fun, through their first 37 games as Wash coach: 

Gruden 16-21
Rivera 15-22

Unlike Ron, who has his Carolina cronies,  Gruden was actually innovative and his offenses were formidable.  Plus he he had relative unknowns at the time lie McVay, Laflour among others on the staff.  Gruden had to deal with horrible turds like Bruce.  It's really a sad time when you're thinking about Gruden's tenure as a better coach than Rivera.  

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

this is not hope except to the most casual of low-bar-setting fan. This is the nightmare, continued 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

this is not hope except to the most casual of low-bar-setting fan. This is the nightmare, continued 

When I say "hopeful", it's in a sarcastic, depressing kinda way.   Kind of like..."so you're saying there's a chance"

• Like 1