Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I guess. Part of me wonders if the NFL is secretly mad the team botched the name change so badly and that’s the actual straw that broke the camels back. I doubt it but still, makes me wonder. 

I think closer to the truth than most think. The idea that an NFL team can’t intimidate a small college or even an NBA team for trademarks is pretty ridiculous. Dans net worth is completely tied to the team. He has no significant capital otherwise. A lot of people thought giving Dan the waiver on debt was to support him, but might just be a good bet to sell the team more easily if the **** hits the fan, which, it officially has. Meanwhile the NFL is starting their Super Bowl weekend extravaganza and people are going to be talking about this ****-storm. Also not a good look for the other owners.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

We are screwed i have no hope for this front office or coaching staff, nothing because of them it all has to do with Snyder i defended him lots in the past thought he was the biggest fan etc etc etc, but as we watch the giants leap frog us this year and we again become the cellar dwellers another rinse and repeat cycle will begin with dan at helm...just remember after gruden was fired we hired a head coach before a gm....should be telling lots have blown that detail off due to RR being so highly regarded, was the obvious choice at coach and a good hire etc etc blah blah, the results have been the same, hopefully they dont mortgage the future only to get blown up and put the next “regime” in an uphill battle.

Edited by CjSuAvE22

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP says it all right there and that's exactly what Goodell did.  What's so bad is that this is happening when the Combine, Pro Days, FA and the Draft is around the corner.  

Edited by RWJ

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

We are screwed i have no hope for this front office or coaching staff, nothing because of them it all has to do with Snyder i defended him lots in the past thought he was the biggest fan etc etc etc, but as we watch the giants leap frog us this year and we again become the cellar dwellers another rinse and repeat cycle will begin with dan at helm...just remember after gruden was fired we hired a head coach before a gm....should be telling lots have blown that detail off due to RR so highly regarded was the obvious choice at coach was a good hire etc etc blah blah, the results have been the same, hopefully they dont mortgage the future only to get blown up and put the next “regime” in an uphill battle.

I hear you but for me they can trade every pick and get rid of every player i love and it wouldn't faze me if it would get rid of Dan.

Dan's crimes as an owner IMO go way deeper than his FO structure.  That's jaywalking compared to the rest of his crimes.

He's created a toxic culture that has impinged on just about everything.  Heck I was listening to a DC reporter the other day talking about the team moving back to DC, and the thesis was its possible but probably not with Dan at the helm because of how toxic Dan is seen by local politicians and their constituents. 

He has turned what was arguably one of the classiest organizations in sports to arguably the sleaziest.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He has turned what was arguably one of the classiest organizations in sports to arguably the sleaziest.   

The only saving grace is multiple 0-2 win seasons in a row nothing but opposing fans at fed ex and then maybe he will just sell and be done with it, but since we have enough diehards (myself included) to support them spending on tickets booz food etc hes prob staying here forever.

Edited by CjSuAvE22

3 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

No we want this to keep going this is the league actively throwing Dan under the bus and saying **** you dude you’re on your own. That’s a good thing because they are no longer protecting him. 

Unless they make him sell it’s a bad thing.  If they make him sell it’s a good thing.

And he’s doing 90% of this to himself.  

But I don’t believe they will force him to sell, so all this does is make it less likely we can attract good FA’s, coaches or FO personnel.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

We are screwed i have no hope for this front office or coaching staff, nothing because of them it all has to do with Snyder i defended him lots in the past thought he was the biggest fan etc etc etc, but as we watch the giants leap frog us this year and we again become the cellar dwellers another rinse and repeat cycle will begin with dan at helm...just remember after gruden was fired we hired a head coach before a gm....should be telling lots have blown that detail off due to RR being so highly regarded, was the obvious choice at coach and a good hire etc etc blah blah, the results have been the same, hopefully they dont mortgage the future only to get blown up and put the next “regime” in an uphill battle.

Truly none of this matters while this Snyder stuff is heating up. Regime, QB, roster, draft. I don’t care while this hope of a Snyderless future lingers in the air. I’d sign up for 10 years of Bill O’Brien at GM and Adam Gase as HC to see this happen with Snyder. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Don't put too much faith into the big audit firms like KPMG and Ernst & Young. They are quite capable of turning a blind eye when there's more money to be made by doing so.

"Many of the recent accounting scandals are the result of a blurring between auditing and consultancy activities, as was evidenced clearly in the Silentnight case. The reason for this is the fact that auditing firms have expanded beyond their traditional areas of expertise to include active business consulting as well – the main factor behind conflicts of interests and a weakness that invites negligence."

https://intpolicydigest.org/can-kpmg-recover-from-its-recent-scandals/

So I worked for Deloitte on the consulting side.  I don’t anymore.  

The conflict checks they have to do are like a prostate exam.  Extremely invasive.  Every client, audit and consulting has to be vetted, every investment every employee makes in a stock or mutual fund has to be recorded, it’s bananas.  There are always going to be a few mistakes and some crooks, but the amount of safeguards that are in place to identify them and protect the firms against being f absolutely obliterated are pretty intense.  

And in working with audit partners for years, I can tell you that I haven’t come across one yet who’s willing to knowingly break the rules for a client.  They all saw what happened to Arthur Anderson, and they’re not getting in line for that treatment.

The other thing is, because each franchise can choose its own auditor, with its own audit partner, and the league has its own auditor, the sheer amount of coordination it would take to pull off a fraud of that. Store, it would absolutely get out.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, RWJ said:

JP says it all right there and that's exactly what Goodell did.  What's so bad is that this is happening when the Combine, Pro Days, FA and the Draft is around the corner.  

Doesn’t matter. I will happily punt this season and the next 10 for a new owner. Legitimately. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Unless they make him sell it’s a bad thing.  If they make him sell it’s a good thing.

And he’s doing 90% of this to himself.  

But I don’t believe they will force him to sell, so all this does is make it less likely we can attract good FA’s, coaches or FO personnel.  

It’s worth the risk. We’ll never get closer than we are right now and I hope pressure keeps getting applied. The Post needs to come out with something soon that pisses the NFL off even more, on the eve of the Super Bowl or directly in the aftermath. This is the only shot imo. 

• Like 1

If the Dan and Tanya Snyder are ever ousted as owners I will indeed buy myself some Commanders swag and tickets to some home games, but as long as Dan owns this team I will continue to refuse on principle

Edited by ananoman
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

The NFL in a letter to the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday blamed the Washington Commanders for blocking access to more than 100,000 documents related to the investigation into their workplace culture, a charge the team denied but one that highlighted a growing fissure between the two parties.

The letter, written by the NFL's attorneys and sent to Rep. Carol Maloney of New York, the committee chairwoman, and Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi of Illinois, came one week after new allegations of sexual harassment against Washington owner Dan Snyder came to light. That prompted calls for more investigations while appearing to divide the team and the NFL.

A committee spokesperson said in a statement that it had received the NFL's letter but maintained that documents released last week show the NFL and the Commanders clearly entered into an agreement to pursue a "joint legal strategy" regarding the investigation.

"While the NFL and the Commanders continue to point fingers at each other, the fact remains that the NFL still has not turned over the findings of the Wilkinson investigation or the underlying documents to the Committee," the statement read. "Until the NFL holds Mr. Snyder accountable and stops hiding the truth about the outrageous workplace conduct under his watch, the League's claims about transparency and accountability will continue to ring hollow."

The NFL's letter was in response to a Feb. 4 letter sent by the Oversight committee that asserted, among other things, that the NFL withdrew from a common interest agreement with the Commanders as "justification to avoid turning over key documents that the Committee is seeking."

In Wednesday's letter, the NFL stated that the league had sought to obtain 109,000 documents that are in possession of a third-party vendor the Wilkinson Stekloff firm had used during their investigation. However the vendor refused to provide the NFL or Wilkinson Stekloff with "access to the documents unless the team consented because of its concern that it could be sued by the team or its owner."

According to the league's letter, the NFL promptly asked Washington to provide its consent to the vendor, "but the team repeatedly has refused to do so."

The team denied this allegation.

"The Commanders have never prevented the NFL from obtaining any non-privileged documents and will not do so in the future," Snyder's attorney, Jordan Siev, said in a statement.

The NFL also explained why it entered into a common interest agreement with Washington, saying it was to avoid delays in the investigation.

The team initially hired Beth Wilkinson on July 16, 2020 to conduct an investigation into its workplace. But the NFL later took over the investigation "six weeks later," according to the letter. Had it not entered into a common interest agreement, the attorneys asserted the NFL would have had to interview multiple witnesses again, making them go through the process another time while also delaying the outcome.

"The purpose and effect of the common interest agreement was to facilitate the NFL's oversight of the investigation, absolutely not to constrain it," the letter said. "Decisions related to the findings of the investigation have been made by the NFL, not the team, and any suggestion that the common interest agreement prohibited the release of the investigation's findings without the team's consent is categorically false."

The letter also stated that the NFL feared if it waived the original common interest agreement that any third party could serve discovery requests seeking all of the confidential interviews.

The NFL also denied that it withdrew from the common interest agreement. According to the letter, the team asked the NFL to enter into a new common interest agreement with respect to the congressional investigation. The NFL declined, but the letter states that the team suggested this "amounted to withdrawal" from the original agreement. The NFL said that was not the case.

"This claim by the team should not be used as a pretext to block access to documents that were needed by the NFL to comply with the Committee's requests," it said in the letter. The NFL wrote that Washington made a revised proposal Monday, assuring to them "that their release of the documents would not result in any waiver of privilege by them."

However, the league wants clarification from Washington. The letter said the NFL is willing to agree to either of the team's proposed approaches if the committee wishes.

The letter also stated the league has "devoted considerable resources to obtaining, reviewing and producing approximately 80,000 pages of documents to date." It said the league continues to review and produce documents to the committee, both orally and in writing.

"In no way is the NFL obstructing or seeking to obstruct the Committee's investigation, and valid assertions of applicable privileges by the NFL should not be characterized as doing anything of the sort," the NFL wrote.

The fact that Wilkinson delivered her report orally remains controversial. But the attorneys said in the letter the NFL used written reports for previous investigations into the Carolina Panthers and the deflating of game balls, because they "did not involve the same confidentiality concerns presented here."

And, the letter said, internal investigations often are delivered orally.

"It is simply not correct to suggest that submission of a written report is either necessary or the universal practice of other companies or the NFL," the attorneys wrote. The letter referred to the investigation as "comprehensive" and that the league was provided regular updates.

The NFL's attorneys also said the Commanders claimed in a letter to the committee that it had asserted privilege over "just four documents." However, the NFL said it had actually asserted privilege over "several dozen additional documents" bringing the total number in which it asserted privilege to 92.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't care who the collateral damage is to get rid of Dan.   Getting rid of Dan beats any off season conquest for me.  We can go 2-14, and they can have Heinicke lead the way, and I'd take that to get rid of that dude.

Hell, I'd galdly go toe to toe with the Detroit Lions for 0-16 two years in a row if we can get rid of Dan.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Birdlives said:

Would not shock me to see Tanya go after Dan and file for divorce. Get rid of that putz and own an NFL team? Seems pretty good to me.

Yeah, I could see that happen. But I could also seeher filling divorce, have Dan sell the team and split money between the two. It's possible she's not interested in owning an NFL franchise.

I've always found it interesting that when the minority owners went rampage against Dan the NFL allowed him to buy them out, that doing so it somehow fragilized Dan's position as an owner. Sure it maked him the sole leader within the team, but that's also just one guy to convince to buy him out. Which is always easier to do than convincing 3/4 different people.

Somehow, looking at all those stuff unfolding right now, I could even argue that the NFL put in place a great plan to get rid of Dan since the first accusations of Sexual harassment. Fragilized him while he thinks he's getting strengthen, put him aside while making him thinks he's being covered. Put his wife at the helm so he thinks he's still being protected.

Then work with Tanya who presumably doesn't have much interest in the NFL to slowly get rid of Dan and great another owner into the club.

Honestly I have the belief that Dan never really did see it coming his way at all.

5 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I guess. Part of me wonders if the NFL is secretly mad the team botched the name change so badly and that’s the actual straw that broke the camels back. I doubt it but still, makes me wonder. 

I would believe that it's technically possible, though I'm not sure that would be a good thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

6 hours ago, Birdlives said:

I think closer to the truth than most think. The idea that an NFL team can’t intimidate a small college or even an NBA team for trademarks is pretty ridiculous. Dans net worth is completely tied to the team. He has no significant capital otherwise. A lot of people thought giving Dan the waiver on debt was to support him, but might just be a good bet to sell the team more easily if the **** hits the fan, which, it officially has. Meanwhile the NFL is starting their Super Bowl weekend extravaganza and people are going to be talking about this ****-storm. Also not a good look for the other owners.

You guys really think the rest of the NFL gives a **** about "Redwolves"? lol...Come on, now.

I will say, though, that I also passed the thought around that the league letting Snyder buy out the minority owners could make it easier for him to sell the team and that played a role in the debt waiver.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2