Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

39 minutes ago, Dirt said:

I'll be shocked.  

Just like the name change, nothing happens until sponsors threaten to leave.  And I don't really buy this "Dan can bring the NFL down with him".  I mean are we talking scandalous Christmas party photos, or do people really believe there's some deep dark awful criminal ring of activity in the NFL and Snyder is a big piece.  

He's just a careless rich idiot who thinks he can get away with anything.  Goodell is not afraid of him.

Same...I don't buy the "he knows where the skeletons are buried" narrative that I read all the time. What I do buy into a lot more though is the other owners being a little hesitant to set a precedent that they wouldn't want turned on them at some point. These guys plan to be here for life...and life is a long time. I think they like the idea of not being able to be removed from their positions. So, even though I don't think they fear what Snyder could do, I think they wouldn't love the idea that what they are doing to Snyder could more easily be done to one of them again at some point. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Doesn’t have the capital

I don’t think you’re getting this. The NFL wants Bezos as an owner. Over anyone else. It’s here or Seattle. 

Doesn’t have the capital is a weak argument and actually false. Between him and Beyoncé they have a net worth of almost 2 billion by themselves and again notice I said a team not just jay z by himself. Yes there’s always this smoke around Bezos. He has reportedly been interested in us, and the chargers and the broncos who you know are actually up for sale. Somehow though there’s reportedly been no interest whatsoever shown by Bezos in Denver. If Jayz told the nfl he was interested in buying Washington they would absolutely listen. Especially with all the talk about the lack of diversity in nfl owners. And again the NFL has worked closely with Jay z on a ton of stuff already. Bezos has not. 

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Constantly, every time there’s a team up for sale people want in that aren’t deemed worthy. Donald Trump trying to buy the Jets is probably the most well-known example but the more recent sales of the Rams and Jags both had other suitors that people thought were going to get them before the final names were revealed. It’s not just a bidding system, the NFL owners are very particular about who they do business with and let into their club (despite how incredulous fans of the Snyder-owned team should feel about this lol). 

We can look closer to home than that for an example. Dan Snyder owns the Redskins precisely because the NFL rejected Howard Milstein's bid as being over-leveraged. Snyder had been a minority partner in John Cooke's unsuccessful bid but then swooped in with his own bidding group once Milstein was turned down. I remember everyone thinking until after the 1999 season, "thank goodness we got a real fan as an owner and not some disconnected New York guy!" We never know what we don't know, I guess...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Doesn’t have the capital is a weak argument and actually false. Between him and Beyoncé they have a net worth of almost 2 billion by themselves and again notice I said a team not just jay z by himself. Yes there’s always this smoke around Bezos. He has reportedly been interested in us, and the chargers and the broncos who you know are actually up for sale. Somehow though there’s reportedly been no interest whatsoever shown by Bezos in Denver. If Jayz told the nfl he was interested in buying Washington they would absolutely listen. Especially with all the talk about the lack of diversity in nfl owners. And again the NFL has worked closely with Jay z on a ton of stuff already. Bezos has not. 

Price of this franchise would be probably close to 6 bil. Jay if he poured everything into this isn’t even getting a 3rd of the cost 

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I seen only two that are richer than Oprah. But do they want to be an owner of an NFL team? 

I have no idea and don’t love talking about people in generalities but nobody needs to be able to buy the team free and clear. Ownership groups like Snyder’s (he had 2-3 minority owners) are common and banks are involved. The “owner” is just the person who owns over half, even if there’s lots of debt involved (like when Snyder bought out his minority owners earlier this year—that wasn’t cash). Nobody is likely to just back up a school bus full of cash and buy the team outright. So those aren’t really the important numbers. 

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

I have no idea and don’t love talking about people in generalities but nobody needs to be able to buy the team free and clear. Ownership groups like Snyder’s (he had 2-3 minority owners) are common and banks are involved. The “owner” is just the person who owns over half, even if there’s lots of debt involved (like when Snyder bought out his minority owners earlier this year—that wasn’t cash). Nobody is likely to just back up a school bus full of cash and buy the team outright. So those aren’t really the important numbers. 

I understand all that. 

24 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I forgot about that trump tried to buy buffalo I think. Regardless, could it be any worse then Snyder.

Trump and Jon BonJovi were losers in that sale.

Trump basically took down the old USFL.

The nfl would never approve a sale to him, had he won the bidding.

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

Can the league itself (the 31 other owners in partnership) purchase the team as stewards until they select and sell to a new owner, which would allow them to force Snyder into an NDA (since everyone seems to believe the thing that keeps them from acting is that he knows where the bodies are buried)? This isn’t much different than the usual process since the league needs to approve every new owner before a purchase is allowed anyways. The only difference is that in this hypothetical they get rid of Snyder before having to worry about a new owner, get it out of the news, and then they all make money off the re-sale. 

Basically a sort of compromise that gets Snyder over-paid, covers the other owners asses, and makes everyone money while not having to worry about someone wanting to buy directly from Snyder during all the controversy. And most importantly they get to very visibly and performatively look like they’re directly doing something about the abuses that occurred rather than trying to force a slow drawn out sale directly from Snyder that will have everyone up in arms the whole time. 

Isn't this what Baseball did with the Expos before they were sold and moved to DC to become the Nationals?

I mean, I don't know why they couldn't do it.  They make the rules and they have enough money to do it.  Doesn't mean they are going to.  But they can.  They'd have to figure out who's going to approve contracts and expendatures and what not.  It's not a great place to be in.  The expos were basically irrelevant while MLB owned them.  Granted, it will be a different situation with the NFL.  

34 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I like the idea, but one thing nobody seems to be bringing up. Is there enough minority’s with that kind of money to be the majority owner of an NFL team? Especially a team with the value of the Commanders. 

There are plenty.  And remember 2 things: 

1. You don't need just one owner, you can have an owernship group.  

2. You can finance a lot of the purchase of the team.  It's like a house, you don't have to pay cash for the whole thing up front.  

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

Constantly, every time there’s a team up for sale people want in that aren’t deemed worthy. Donald Trump trying to buy the Jets is probably the most well-known example but the more recent sales of the Rams and Jags both had other suitors that people thought were going to get them before the final names were revealed. It’s not just a bidding system, the NFL owners are very particular about who they do business with and let into their club (despite how incredulous fans of the Snyder-owned team should feel about this lol). 

Dan was part of the failed Milstein group before he formed his own group also.  

17 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Solution:   Sell the Commanders to a majority African American ownership group (assuming the Broncos don't beat us to it)

There is no rule against having 2 minority owned NFL teams.  

13 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Price of this franchise would be probably close to 6 bil. Jay if he poured everything into this isn’t even getting a 3rd of the cost 

Not in it's current state.  And again, you can have an ownership group and finance the purchase.  

If there are minority groups who want to do it, they could easily do it.  

Also, you don't NEED a principal owner.  You can have 5 owners each with 20% of the voting shares.  And then if you get 3 votes out of 5 on any management topic, you're good.  And if you have an odd number, you will always get an answer.   You pick somebody (one of them, or somebody else) to be the CEO of the team, and voila.  That's actually kindof how the rest of the world works....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I understand that but do you understand how that looks? It would absolutely be argued than that article was published for the sole purpose of forcing Dan out and allowing Bezos to buy. 

I would so look forward to ignoring that argument and reveling in a Danya-free team again. 

44 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Also, you don't NEED a principal owner.  You can have 5 owners each with 20% of the voting shares.  And then if you get 3 votes out of 5 on any management topic, you're good.  And if you have an odd number, you will always get an answer.   You pick somebody (one of them, or somebody else) to be the CEO of the team, and voila.  That's actually kindof how the rest of the world works....

Let's all start a gofundme thing and buy the team all by ourselves.

We just need a crazy bank to follow us. After all, the team will make enough money by itself to pay the loan back :)

Anyway, I think Goodell and the NFL are quietly but firmly turning their back on Dan right now. They're not obviously stating that publicly, they have to keep all their options open. Why? Because they've taken so much flak from the latest report that this investigation will be made public. They're not gonna make the same mistake twice. Honestly, if they really want to get rid of Dan, and put somebody else at the head of the team, that's a golden opportunity.

With the allegations being out in front of the congress, it's more than probable that any inquiry will corroborate that. So the NFL could easily release the report and also have enough leverage over their own sponsors to invite them to publicly kill Dan to force the guy out so they don't even have to vote him out.

Then bring in Bezos, whoever you want (and keep in mind that Dolphins and Browns are on thin ice too right now).

DmVPPufU0AIu8mM.jpg

• Like 3

For everyone- including myself- who thinks Rivera is just an okay coach, but because he's a high character, respected guy feel we're lucky to have him as the face of our dysfunctional franchise, prepare yourself to lose him if Snyder remains owner. Can you imagine what Rivera must really think of Snyder? Everytime he has to answer his calls or sit down and look Snyder in the face at dinner, he must be repulsed. Rivera's an old school stand up, tough guy and I imagine when he hears these accusations towards Snyder, he would like to @#$%^ slap him around a little bit. 

I can't see Rivera signing an extension with us as long as Snyder remains owner and I certainly can't see anybody other than a desperate first timer or washed up retread accepting a Snyder offer to come here to coach or be a part of the front office. 

6 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

For everyone- including myself- who thinks Rivera is just an okay coach, but because he's a high character, respected guy feel we're lucky to have him as the face of our dysfunctional franchise, prepare yourself to lose him if Snyder remains owner. Can you imagine what Rivera must really think of Snyder? Everytime he has to answer his calls or sit down and look Snyder in the face at dinner, he must be repulsed. Rivera's an old school stand up, tough guy and I imagine when he hears these accusations towards Snyder, he would like to @#$%^ slap him around a little bit. 

I can't see Rivera signing an extension with us as long as Snyder remains owner and I certainly can't see anybody other than a desperate first timer or washed up retread accepting a Snyder offer to come here to coach or be a part of the front office. 

I dunno. Rivera's two owners were Richardson who was so awful he was shoved out of the league and Snyder. Snyder might actually be the better owner he's worked under.

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Same...I don't buy the "he knows where the skeletons are buried" narrative that I read all the time. What I do buy into a lot more though is the other owners being a little hesitant to set a precedent that they wouldn't want turned on them at some point. These guys plan to be here for life...and life is a long time. I think they like the idea of not being able to be removed from their positions. So, even though I don't think they fear what Snyder could do, I think they wouldn't love the idea that what they are doing to Snyder could more easily be done to one of them again at some point. 

That is part of it but while Dan may not know owners personal dirt; he knows the nfl dirt. Stuff the nfl don’t want coming out. Though it wouldn’t shock if Dan hired a pi to get dirt on some of his fellow owners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Let's all start a gofundme thing and buy the team all by ourselves.

I mean, the Packers are a publicly held company, that’s basically the official and regulated version of a go fund me.

im in, though.  I’ll throw down $3.50.  If we can get 1.2 million more people to match my contribution, we could make a legitimate 4.5 billion dollar offer…

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Isn't this what Baseball did with the Expos before they were sold and moved to DC to become the Nationals?

I mean, I don't know why they couldn't do it.  They make the rules and they have enough money to do it.  Doesn't mean they are going to.  But they can.  They'd have to figure out who's going to approve contracts and expendatures and what not.  It's not a great place to be in.  The expos were basically irrelevant while MLB owned them.  Granted, it will be a different situation with the NFL.  

There are plenty.  And remember 2 things: 

1. You don't need just one owner, you can have an owernship group.  

2. You can finance a lot of the purchase of the team.  It's like a house, you don't have to pay cash for the whole thing up front.  

Dan was part of the failed Milstein group before he formed his own group also.  

There is no rule against having 2 minority owned NFL teams.  

Not in it's current state.  And again, you can have an ownership group and finance the purchase.  

If there are minority groups who want to do it, they could easily do it.  

The primary investor needs to be able to finance 30% of the value of the team.

Listening to Standig and Scott Jackson talk about it a few minutes ago on 106.7.  They both harped on the stupidity of putting out that press release and pushing this angle.

That's what struck me first when I saw this, the level of stupidity and sleaze from Dan is just epic.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean, the Packers are a publicly held company, that’s basically the official and regulated version of a go fund me.

im in, though.  I’ll throw down $3.50.  If we can get 1.2 million more people to match my contribution, we could make a legitimate 4.5 billion dollar offer…

I know about the Packers, I was only half joking :)

Count me in at €5 :P

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Zim489 said:

So dan put it out that the organization is doing its own of their selves and the NFL is like to hell your not. 

Its amazing at the stupidity 

It this point it's just sad. The NFL isn't doing anything even though Snyder is an absolute joke of a human being and the statement he put out shows that he hasn't changed one bit (quelle surprise).