Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I think Bezos is out of the question right now. NFL would probably have lawsuit on its hands if Bezos bought this team if Snyder is forced out. Bezos owns the Washington Post who reported on all the allegations and and did all the investigative journalism. So if Bezos turns around and buys the team from the man his paper just made all these allegations against it looks like a hit job and conflict of interest. 

• Thumb down 1

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If the dream comes true and Dan’s force to sell; they nfl needs to try get a minority owner.

**** Bezos.

The new owner can fire everyone after the 22 season and start over.

New Gm, who hires the coach. Since we are likely to have a mediocre qb in 22; trade whatever to move up In the 23 draft to get one of the top qbs.

No one should be sacred. Terry,Chase, etc.. are tradeable.

I like the idea, but one thing nobody seems to be bringing up. Is there enough minority’s with that kind of money to be the majority owner of an NFL team? Especially a team with the value of the Commanders. 

Can the league itself (the 31 other owners in partnership) purchase the team as stewards until they select and sell to a new owner, which would allow them to force Snyder into an NDA (since everyone seems to believe the thing that keeps them from acting is that he knows where the bodies are buried)? This isn’t much different than the usual process since the league needs to approve every new owner before a purchase is allowed anyways. The only difference is that in this hypothetical they get rid of Snyder before having to worry about a new owner, get it out of the news, and then they all make money off the re-sale. 

Basically a sort of compromise that gets Snyder over-paid, covers the other owners asses, and makes everyone money while not having to worry about someone wanting to buy directly from Snyder during all the controversy. And most importantly they get to very visibly and performatively look like they’re directly doing something about the abuses that occurred rather than trying to force a slow drawn out sale directly from Snyder that will have everyone up in arms the whole time. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Mrshadow008 said:

I think Bezos is out of the question right now. NFL would probably have lawsuit on its hands if Bezos bought this team if Snyder is forced out. Bezos owns the Washington Post who reported on all the allegations and and did all the investigative journalism. So if Bezos turns around and buys the team from the man his paper just made all these allegations against it looks like a hit job and conflict of interest. 

Except it isn’t a hit job. These were real things that happened. 

the nfl wants bezos. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Dirt said:

Is Bezos still in play here?  Not sure how I feel about that.  Didn't he "remove" himself as the owner of amazon much like Snyder did?  Snyder 2.0?  

If a super rich guy buys the team and ****s off that's fine with me.  But thanks to Snyder,  we have this weird front office structure don't we?  Would bezos be smart enough to find a solid GM and just go away?  I have my doubts, but I don't know what the alternative is.

I have been hearing his name for year in half. I hope he builds the new stadium ,brings his friends to show off the great brand new amazon stadium, hires a gm, and stays out of football operations.  It will be fine

Edited by Redskins 2021

One thing I could see happening is there were reports that Jay z had reportedly been interested in ownership and even possibly minority ownership here. He’s worked closely with the league office in the past and I could totally see him putting a team together to try and buy the team. 

23 minutes ago, Dirt said:

I'll be shocked.  

Just like the name change, nothing happens until sponsors threaten to leave.  And I don't really buy this "Dan can bring the NFL down with him".  I mean are we talking scandalous Christmas party photos, or do people really believe there's some deep dark awful criminal ring of activity in the NFL and Snyder is a big piece.  

He's just a careless rich idiot who thinks he can get away with anything.  Goodell is not afraid of him.

There probably is some hidden criminal activity in the nfl.

Dan knows the nfl’s secrets and probably has dirt on other owner.

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I think it has to go to highest bidders. That what Denver is doing.

4 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I like the idea, but one thing nobody seems to be bringing up. Is there enough minority’s with that kind of money to be the majority owner of an NFL team? Especially a team with the value of the Commanders. 

…yes

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Except it isn’t a hit job. These were real things that happened. 

the nfl wants bezos. 

I understand that but do you understand how that looks? It would absolutely be argued than that article was published for the sole purpose of forcing Dan out and allowing Bezos to buy. 

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

One thing I could see happening is there were reports that Jay z had reportedly been interested in ownership and even possibly minority ownership here. He’s worked closely with the league office in the past and I could totally see him putting a team together to try and buy the team. 

Doesn’t have the capital

I don’t think you’re getting this. The NFL wants Bezos as an owner. Over anyone else. It’s here or Seattle. 

Just now, Mrshadow008 said:

I understand that but do you understand how that looks? It would absolutely be argued than that article was published for the sole purpose of forcing Dan out and allowing Bezos to buy. 

Except it really happened. Bezos connection past that is irrelevant 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think it has to go to highest bidders. That what Denver is doing.

It has to go to the highest bidder that the other NFL owners vote to approve. They decide who joins their ranks regardless of the offers. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I have been hearing his name for year in half. I hope he builds the new stadium ,brings his friends to show off the great brand new amazon stadium, hires a gm, and stays out of football operations.  It will be fine

So, a Jerry Jones that stays out of anything football related?  I'm in lol.  Sounds too good to be true but I'll take a new beautiful stadium.

3 minutes ago, Dirt said:

So, a Jerry Jones that stays out of anything football related?  I'm in lol.  Sounds too good to be true but I'll take a new beautiful stadium.

Do any of the owner stay out.  How much worst could it be. At least we will have a top of the line stadium. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Do you know if anyone ever been rejected?

Constantly, every time there’s a team up for sale people want in that aren’t deemed worthy. Donald Trump trying to buy the Jets is probably the most well-known example but the more recent sales of the Rams and Jags both had other suitors that people thought were going to get them before the final names were revealed. It’s not just a bidding system, the NFL owners are very particular about who they do business with and let into their club (despite how incredulous fans of the Snyder-owned team should feel about this lol). 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I told my parents two weeks ago “i did not go to the bar and get sloshed, no”. 

i told my doctor “i did not have ice cream for breakfast, no” 

lying is fun! 

Nothing would surprise me with these guys,  but at some point, Goodell has to look out for himself, and I think he's being as genuine as he possibly can here.

The problem is if he was shady about the last investigation, among the many others where players are punching girls in elevators and such, that could get him in trouble.  That's why he wants this Dan thing to go away which, ironically, puts him on our side.  

Problem: Goodell got a ton of questions today on Snyder and the lack of league diversity on every decision making level other than the actual players on the field.

Goal: Kill two issues with one team sale.

Solution:   Sell the Commanders to a majority African American ownership group (assuming the Broncos don't beat us to it)

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Constantly, every time there’s a team up for sale people want in that aren’t deemed worthy. Donald Trump trying to buy the Jets is probably the most well-known example but the more recent sales of the Rams and Jags both had other suitors that people thought were going to get them before the final names were revealed. It’s not just a bidding system, the NFL owners are very particular about who they do business with and let into their club (despite how incredulous fans of the Snyder-owned team should feel about this lol). 

I forgot about that trump tried to buy buffalo I think. Regardless, could it be any worse then Snyder.