Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

13 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Even if they have one good year, you know they can't follow it up with another one.  Any positive sign is quickly dashed by incompetence rearing it's head.

Agreed.

Ron's pursuit of forming us into a consistent winner is just a pipe dream.  I love him for it, but his actions are all in vein.  No Snyder-owned product can ever continually succeed (if it succeeds at all).  He will always find a way to screw it up.  It's in his DNA and now it's in this franchise's DNA.  That's why so, so many fans say it'll take years of seasons with 11+ wins to even get them to think about coming back.  Heck, I know fans who say that even a SB win won't bring them back now because of Dan and the revelations of the last two years.   

• Like 3

On 1/3/2022 at 7:25 PM, hail2skins said:

As well he should. Despite his...unfortunate affiliation with the Eagles, Merrill Reese has been at it for more than 40 years. He's been to most, if not all, NFL stadia in use during that time. He knows what's what but it doesn't take a weathered NFL broadcaster to tell you FedEx Field is the pits.  

In reality this franchise had mild success under Pardee and flourished under Gibbs. Starting in 1993 after Gibbs retired is when the mediocrity/underachieving started, not in 99 when Snyder took over. Granted, every attempt under Snyder to return to Gibbs like levels have utterly failed but it did not start with him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

In reality this franchise had mild success under Pardee and flourished under Gibbs. Starting in 1993 after Gibbs retired is when the mediocrity/underachieving started, not in 99 when Snyder took over. Granted, every attempt under Snyder to return to Gibbs like levels have utterly failed but it did not start with him.

This is true but after mid 2000 the floor dropped out and it's been terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCB said:

I’m not sure that’s accurate. I was as frustrated by Norval as anyone but we were one botched snap away from the NFC championship game before the Danny.

It was Danny’s first season as owner. Doofus had tried to rescind the Brad Johnson trade. First year I also started watching football

8 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

The mild success was with George Alllen. It's true that the post Gibbs 1, pre Snyder years were rough, but I think people were accepting of a rebuild period after 20 years of sustained success. And 1993-1998 was six seasons. Snyder has now been here 23 years, with no 11+ win campaigns in there. No home divisional round games. It's been bleak.

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Everyone peaced out after Gibbs 2. That was Snyders best chance to recapture the fanbase and get people on board for the longhaul. What a huge opportunity squandered, we never got Gibbs a franchise QB to work with.

I was euphoric as anyone when Joe came back, but when I stepped back from the giddiness I thought, the guy is 64. How long is he realistically going to last, especially with his work ethic? Bringing Gibbs back was not a longhaul-based decision.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

I think I looked at this when I was younger and more invested...but bigger picture, the Washington Redskins were defined by two pockets of winning within a much longer tradition of losing. I'm sure I have the specifics wrong, but the general idea will be close (someone with more time can fact-check me). 

The early years were good...the team won a couple titles in the 1930s or maybe even early 1940s before going into a several decade period of sucking (most of the 40s, 50s, and 60s) before Lombardi turned that around. Then the Allen/Pardee/Gibbs era that spanned 20ish years was also very good obviously where they won 3 more titles (and contended for more). 

But if you think about it, they were an over-500 franchise until recently essentially on the strength of the 1930s, 1970s, and 1980s. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Everyone peaced out after Gibbs 2. That was Snyders best chance to recapture the fanbase and get people on board for the longhaul. What a huge opportunity squandered, we never got Gibbs a franchise QB to work with.

Well seeing as Gibbs had control of personnel and went all in on Jason Campbell `and Brunell we know who is to blame for that.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 8:21 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Went to Buffalo in 2019 to watch Haskins try to throw.  Spoiler: it did not go well.

I liked Buffalo’s stadium.  It’s old, for sure, with no bells and whistles, but excellent sight lines, obviously great tailgating, and some bars in walking distance to watch the 4:00 games.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well seeing as Gibbs had control of personnel and went all in on Jason Campbell `and Brunell we know who is to blame for that.  

Yeah, that was on Gibbs.  Drafted Carlos Rogers #9 overall and traded back into the first to draft Campbell.  Should have just drafted Aaron Rodgers #9.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 9:40 PM, actorguy1 said:

I wish Marty Schottenheimer had been given more time. 

I loved that he fired Vinny.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 3:13 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

No lie, I had tears in my eyes when it was announced that Gibbs was returning.  I genuinely thought that we would return to the glory years of Gibbs 1.0. After he left, I grieved for a year, realized that if Joe couldn’t do it we would never have a chance at fixing the Danny mess, and then told myself that it just wasn’t worth the emotional investment and became largely apathetic. Oh, I’ll have brief spurts of emotion, normally over failures, but not like before.  Now, with the looming name change debacle, and we all know that’s exactly what it will be, I’m finally ready to give up on “Washington Football.”  For me, this team stopped being the Redskins that I grew up with, was rabid about, and loved, that year after Joe left.  I simply don’t really care if they win or lose.  Well, to be truthful, I kinda take joy in watching them lose.  And for that, it’s time to move on.  This asshole owner has wrecked something I used to love, and I can never forgive him for that.  

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 3:13 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

C'mon, Gibbs hand picked Brunell.  He passed on drafting Rothlesberger.  He could of signed Drew Brees but didn't.  Then he drafted Campbell for the next guy.  Gibbs had full control.