Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well, we may not have to worry about who was use our first rounder on because we may get docked the pick or all of our picks if this thing gets legs.

Congress isn’t docking picks lol, this feels bigger than that if it actually goes places. This isn’t about on-field or roster-related rule breaking. I don’t think a draft pick has ever been docked for “off-field” stuff like this. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Congress isn’t docking picks lol, this feels bigger than that if it actually goes places. This isn’t about on-field or roster-related rule breaking. I don’t think a draft pick has ever been docked for “off-field” stuff like this. 

No kidding congress isn’t docking picks. The league would to save face if this thing blows up. But there’s gonna be a lot of destruction if this gets legs.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/congressional-committee-seeking-more-information-from-nfl-regarding-jon-gruden-washington-football-team-probe/

the last sentence in that cbs sports article is then saying the nfl spokesperson (McCarthy) said they will not release anything. 

So. What does that mean when the deadline comes and goes? Since that’s the next move

I've worked for Congressmen and worked in the state legislature.  A lot more cooking in the state legislature, where you got more power on the meat issues like healthcare, education, crime, etc.  Plus Congress is full time.   Yet some Congressmen/women can go years without passing a single piece of legislation.  

In short, they have plenty of time to deal with an issue like this.   If anything they got too much time on their hands which causes problems.  :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 2

If this goes somewhere, then I doubt we got to worry about the NFL retroactively punishing the WFT.   The NFL here is as much on the spot as the WFT.  The NFL has to defend their investigation.

But even if I thought it would go down differently, I'd gladly forfeit this whole draft coming up, every pick to get rid of Dan.  

• Like 8

I want Snyder to go down, but I'm not kidding myself for a moment that Congress will do anything about it. The House of Representatives investigations are made for small time politicians to grandstand, ask pointed questions that get "no comment" as the answer, and then spend hundreds of pages of paper on documentation that will get shoved into folders and forgotten.

The five minutes of fame will be expanded to 5 weeks of fame, but mark my words: Congress will do nothing to Washington or the NFL.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 4

Interesting that Dan Snyder's alleged victims are planning to come forward and speak to congress, thus breaking their NDAs. 

The victim I'm interested in listening to is the young lady who accused Snyder of sexual assault on his jet in 2009. He settled with the victim for 1.6 million or something. 

• Like 3

I work in politics but much more so state than federal and campaigns not so much government anymore.  I've never had to do any work related to a Congressional hearing so the process on it isn't up my alley.  But I have a friend who is pretty high up in the process in DC and am very friendly with my local Congressman among others (who actually is a big football guy ironically).  I'll try to poke around and see if they think it could have any legs or not.  I got no idea off hand.

What I do know is if somehow they do get a real hearing on this, the national publicity would be a nightmare for the WFT that would extend well beyond what they encountered so far.  The novelty of a sports team being the focus of the hearing would likely really make the story blow up tenfold from what it has so far.  But the twist would be the NFL being complicit in covering it up.  That would end up the sexier story I think for the national media.   Thinking this through some, the other owners would have to be livid to have the NFL under a microscope because of Dan.  

I mentioned a few days ago a WP reporter said on Sheehan's show that they are working a story about how the NFL ended up in effect working things out with Dan and I got the impression it wouldn't be flattering to the NFL.   If so that plays in concert with the theme in play here. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

https://theathletic.com/news/nflpa-jeff-pash-bruce-allen-email-on-trading-player-rep-absolutely-concerning/xgLsFhpixy2a/

NFLPA: Jeff Pash-Bruce Allen email on trading player rep 'absolutely concerning'

The NFLPA has not ruled out an investigation into an email exchange between Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen and NFL general counsel Jeff Pash in which they seemingly joked about trading a player due to his union role. The NFLPA, apprised of these correspondences, sharply criticized the league’s attitude toward the union.

"The exchange is absolutely concerning," said George Atallah, assistant executive director of external affairs for the NFLPA. "But also, like most of the other revelations of the last 10 days, not all that surprising. The union, since 2009, has done everything it can to provide historical context to our membership, and especially to our player leaders, about how the league and the owners view the union. The email exchange is just a continuation of a history that the NFL and its owners should not be proud of as it relates to what they think about players and how they treat players."

In the 2011 email exchange, the two appear to jest that Allen traded Vonnie Holliday because he was a union representative. The trade occurred in the days after a four-and-a-half-month lockout.

"I see your player rep is headed out west," Pash wrote.

Allen replied, "Just a coincidence. Amazing how it works out."

Pash: "Life is full of those little amazing coincidences."

Asked if the NFLPA would request an investigation into the email and the 2011 trade, Atallah did not rule it out: "We have a responsibility to our membership — past, present and future. And we have called for full transparency so that we can review things in their entirety."

The Washington Football Team did not reply to a query about the emails.

This comes on the heels of the New York Times report quoting Pash emailing Allen that he was doing the "Lord's work" by cutting salary (the franchise had been docked significant cap space at the time so had no choice but to shed player payroll).

There has been a steady drip of leaked emails to and from Allen, who has been out of football since the WFT franchise fired him in December 2019 after a decade running the club. The emails were collected as part of an NFL investigation into the WFT after a report in The Washington Post sparked a league probe that resulted in investigator Lisa Friel calling the team's workplace culture "very toxic" in July.

The league found a pattern of sexual harassment with the team, fined the team $10 million and Snyder stepped aside from operations of the franchise for an undetermined time. But they offered no written report of the investigation or its findings.

However, 650,000 team emails were amassed, and some have been made public in the past two weeks. They included Jon Gruden’s racist email to Allen in 2011 about Smith, the NFLPA executive director. Then came Gruden-Allen emails in which the coach used a homophobic remark in regards to commissioner Roger Goodell and denounced alleged league efforts to sign "queer" players. This led to the Las Vegas head coach’s resignation.

The league told the New York Times that Pash’s correspondences with Allen were appropriate, reflecting his efforts to establish amicable relations with teams.

Edited by httrcirca87

Here's my question and it's probably unlikely since we only know if the emails because of the leaks, but what if all of a sudden the emails were deleted from the server. I know that would look like they had something to hide but could a higher power (say Congress or the FBI or whoever call it SHIELD or HYDRA) just this deletion/absence of email as some form of proof of guilt?

• Haha 1

Florio has gotten this one right when he says the current NFL e-mail/WFT investigation is is a legitimate matter for Congressional concern. The NFL is deeply imbedded now into the country's businesses and way of life. The NFL might be quite happy to see Dan go if it means getting the heat off the rest of its owners. I hope I am not crossing the line into political content when I say this but I for one, as a fan am echoing Florio's sentiment in a letter to my Congressional rep.   

Hopefully the rest of the NFL owners will finally realize that they are all better off if they cut Dan loose from the team and just let him watch the games from his yacht's IMAX theater somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. 

This is excerpted from the complete article which I recommend reading.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/21/in-wft-letter-to-roger-goodell-congress-points-to-nfls-prominent-platform-and-national-implications-of-its-actions/

>>Many will say, as many often do, that Congress has better things to do than to poke around the private investigation conducted by one of the private companies belonging to a private sports league. The NFL, however, isn’t some mom-and-pop operation with limited influence on a small circle of people. The NFL has become a dominant force in American life, with the ability to gather larger live audiences than any other sports or entertainment product.

That’s why Congress is exercising its prerogative, indeed its obligation, to explore the top-secret (except when trying to bring down Raiders coach Jon Gruden) investigation of the Washington Football Team. As explained in Thursday’s letter from the House Committee on Oversight and Reform to Commissioner Roger Goodell, “The NFL has one of the most prominent platforms in America, and its decisions can have national implications.”

The NFL also enjoys a broadcast antitrust exemption, granted decades ago by Congress. This allows the league to sell to the networks the rights to all games in a 32-team bundle, instead of letting (for example) NBC buy the rights only to the home games of the Dallas Cowboys — and relegating less attractive teams to far less lucrative deals. With that Congressional dispensation as to the laws preventing 32 separate companies to behave as one, the NFL would be a far less competitive (and thus far less compelling) product.

Although the Washington Football Team is indeed a private company, it and other teams receive significant public benefits and funding. The teams also rely on intense interest, loyalty, and financial support of the general populace. Thus, the goings-on in the WFT workplace become a matter of clear and obvious public concern.....

......If Congress can compel the NFL to cooperate, the information that comes to light could force dramatic changes to the landscape of the Washington Football Team. It also could impact those responsible for trying to brush the matter under the rug—with consequences possibly reaching as high on the organizational chart as the person to whom Thursday’s letter was sent.<<

Oh that tax-payer funded stadium Danny wants is gone. 

Forget the fact that we rank DEAD LAST in attendance, TV ratings, and merchandise revenue but tack on all the sexual assault accusations. 

No city counsel is going to pony up tax payer money for his toy. 

• Like 3

Well at the end of the day this is all as bit odd.it is very similar to what I said many posts ago… “Dan gets the team because they don’t want to have other serious allegations come out about the rest of the league”. Hate to tell everyone, here come all sorts of things team related

• Like 1

Imagine if the Sean Taylor jersey retirement ceremony was Snyders way to right his wrongs. In his mind, he probably did something positive for the fanbase to remember before hopefully getting fired into the sun and never heard from again or better yet, behind bars. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda