Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

i wrote the part below earlier after reading the first few posts following the introduction of "congress" into the recent exchanges but held it back to just check and see if it might go differently than almost every other time, but with riggo and ren 7's last post above, and some made while typing this, i will go ahead with it (sadly)

written earlier:

since much recent history here shows a tendency for some posters to inexorably inch closer to diving into "politics" in this forum like lemmings at cliff's edge---in this moment cuz someone mentions 'congress' a couple times---i'm hoping not to end up temp-banning anyone  for doing stuff they have been told over and over again not to do 

i have an idea---let's make it 'no one' cuz everyone avoids doing that :)

i'm not saying the matter of possible congressional involvement as a part of this topic is verboten cuz it is on-topic in our current context,  i'm saying think carefully about how you choose to comment on that idea since even 'generic' comments seem to unlock the compulsive politico in some of us ( of course i understand the nature of our current times makes it harder to control such impulses than in previous times)

so that's enough of endless warnings and in-thread mod posts that i assume you are as tired of reading as i am of making, and from now on will just ban and delete entire posts rather than edit or warn

back to now, i will close the thread for people to catch up and reopen it in a bit

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic
5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Playing off of this point, can you imagine if its uncovered that Dan was the one who leaked those emails?  It's bad enough that his "culture" has led to this point.  But imagine if it was his vindictiveness that led to the story blowing up one more time that led to a Congressional investigation?

Pretty sure I read, maybe on PFT, not sure, that his lawyers are already claiming he didn't leaked them.

Rumors remain rumors, until denied. Then the become a fact :P

@Jumbo

you do realize that if this results in ab ousting you’re gonna have to just take like a week or two (or three) hiatus from rule enforcement here right?

I mean. When a once in a generation celebration happens you just gotta let it be what it is. 

even if that means 70 or 100 different “Snyder’s gone” threads going at once. 

it’s kind of like when the caps finally won the cup and ovi rounded dc perpetually drunk for like 6 months and everyone was like “eh. He’s allowed to do that right now.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@tshile

i realize that there's a rule violation in your post that could be enforced but won't be :D 

and to some of what else you posted there---just no :) 

esp. the drunk driving point--(really? if that was happening that's just sadass and worse on the cops part and anyone who thinks that's ok---and it would also be off-topic to continue on it, so we  won't :))

but other than that i really like the dreamscape you offer 🤩

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

There is something in that report they do not want to get out--hence they sweeping it under the rug. Has the NFL levied a bigger fine than the $10m they handed Snyder? Maybe I am speaking more from hope than anything else, but the fact that they did not release any information from the report means there is some very damaging information there to the NFL as a whole--not just Snyder. I think/hope the Gruden thing is the tip of the iceberg. They are worried about Snyder being litigious and then went and pissed off the most litigious franchise in sports by forcing Gruden out...

Hey, you hope there's something in that report they don't want to get out.  I hope there's something in that report they don't want to get out.  

We're all hoping for the same thing here.  I just don't think I should be getting my hopes too high.  

Anyway, getting Snyder kicked out as an owner is damaging enough to the NFL.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

esp. the drunk driving point

No, I’m not aware of that happening. Sorry if my choice of words implied that. 

I was referring to the general swimming in fountains and stuff that was going on. 

and just trying to be funny

• Like 1

To me, this isn't about Congress levying some penalty that results in Snyder losing the franchise. This is more about the attention and heat that the NFL will continue to feel. When will they make the decision to stop protecting Snyder? He's not good for the brand or their business. If the other owners even get an inkling that sacrificing Snyder will give the public and the US government their pound of flesh (rather than invite MORE scrutiny) they will roll over on him and vote him out of the club. It would be a great opportunity to try to find a woman-led ownership group too...what better way to make it look like a wrong is being righted? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

To me, this isn't about Congress levying some penalty that results in Snyder losing the franchise. This is more about the attention and heat that the NFL will continue to feel. When will they make the decision to stop protecting Snyder? He's not good for the brand or their business. If the other owners even get an inkling that sacrificing Snyder will give the public and the US government their pound of flesh (rather than invite MORE scrutiny) they will roll over on him and vote him out of the club. It would be a great opportunity to try to find a woman-led ownership group too...what better way to make it look like a wrong is being righted? 

This is fan fiction fantasy. Dan is in zero danger. Congress previously held the NFL’s tax exempt status over them which the NFL voluntarily relinquished in 2016. There is zero congress can do and they won’t get any confidential materials from a private entity. It’s a fantasy and posturing. 

3 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

When sponsors start pulling their money. 

It's also how the name change process started.

This is the only correct answer. Everything else is wishful thinking. 

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

Would there be a championship-like parade if Dan was forced to sell the team?

Yes. 

I’d rather him be gone now than win a super bowl. 

the only exception would be if he’s not gone for like 20 years… then yeah I’ll take a super bowl. 

but I’ll take him leaving this season over a super bowl on the next 5 years.  No doubt. He’s ruined everything. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

As much as my reasons for wanting Dan gone are selfish (wanting to root for a team that has the potential to win), it is nice to see a flame being held under the team and how much of a ****ty organization they have been under his ownership. 

I would rather the team re-locate with a chance of another owner bringing a team to DC in 10-15 years than have Dan as the owner, we are going nowhere with a crook like him at the top. That would obviously suck for our fans that are a bit older though. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Pulling sponsors is hard because of the process which I wasn’t aware of until someone who went through it explained it to me. 

You basically get out on a waitlist me when you’re up it’s your spot, but you commit to that deal when you sign up - the specifics and you fork over the money. 

i know of current sponsors that signed up a long time ago and just got their spot, and by that time they didn’t want it. The team is toxic to be associated with from a branding standpoint. And enough leadership in the org had changed that the current leadership saw it as a gigantic waste of money. But… the money had already been spent. So… they ran with it. 

I don’t know if going after the sponsors is as cut and dry as it may seem. There’s also some innocent people you’re going to have to go after. 

honestly a campaign to appropriate congress people and the va/md state legislature would probably be more effective. Punish him by blocking his stadium desires. By making him toxic to even been seen affiliating with politically.

Hell, make him a political problem for the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

Would there be a championship-like parade if Dan was forced to sell the team?

That would definately be "Winning Off the Field"!

44 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This is fan fiction fantasy. Dan is in zero danger. Congress previously held the NFL’s tax exempt status over them which the NFL voluntarily relinquished in 2016. There is zero congress can do and they won’t get any confidential materials from a private entity. It’s a fantasy and posturing. 

This is the only correct answer. Everything else is wishful thinking. 

Congress might not have any power, all they need to do is put a Sauron type of lurking eye on the NFL and the way they conduct buisness on national TV all day long.

Bad advertising is something you don't want. Because bad advertising leads to less money in the end, because Sponsors doesn't like bad advertising and usually don't want to be associated with it in any way. Check out the selling of NFL sponsors amongst women in the upcoming weeks. If they start to go down, they'll notify the NFL one way or another that it's unacceptable.

So they might decide to cover themselves as long as they can, but if that ever gets out of control, it'll be free for all, everyone will run to covers and try to escape bullets. By that time, Dan will be the easy scapegoat, and they'll leave it at that.

Congress would have someone to blame then, and the NFL would remain "untouched". Which would make everybody happy.

And that all might get out of control. When there's more than two people in a room it's nearly impossible to hold a secret. Here are a few things that may happen and are completly out of the NFL owners' hand:

- NFL said they won't release email. But what about a disgruntled employee that would release them to the media even if that gets him/her fired?

- Regarding those 650000 emails. They all had a destinary. Could you be sure that none of those guys/girls will never transfer them in anyway to someone in the media?

- Same with the Wilkinson report. NFL didn't produce any report. But you can be sure Ms. Wilkinson does have one somewhere in her office. Who knows what might happen to that?

- What about Bruce Allen / Jon Gruden going publicly about it? I wouldn't trust any of them to just shut the **** up and not tell a word about it.

All of those could ends up dirty for the NFL. And as some noted with Mark Davis, Dan never being a good old boy in this club, I believe that the disgruntling is mounting within the owners ranks. And since we still doesn't have a new name, there wouldn't be a better time to get rid of Dan ASAP and have a new owner, new team name, and start "clean" in January.

15 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Maybe he will relocate. Are there any cities that want a football team? 

Which city's gonna want to have Snyder in town?

Not too many I believe...

Edited by Wildbunny