Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I said it before, I’ll say it again…nothing matters in this whole thing unless they can kick Snyder out. I don’t care about Gruden emails, I don’t care about Allen and Pash emails. None of it ****ing matters unless they can find things that can get Snyder removed. 

People can talk all they want about the toxic culture, a bad work environment for females…nothing matters unless they have direct evidence that Snyder committed sexual assault or something. I hope he didn’t, as I wouldn’t want a woman to go through that for the sake of getting Snyder removed.  I already know how ****ty the environment was and guess what? I’m still here, watching games. So are a lot of us. 

This is going to be tricky. By all accounts Snyder doesn’t use email, so they’re not going to find anything inflammatory that he put in writing.  At best you’re relying on Allen going to someone like Pash or someone else in the league to cover up something that would make him look bad. 

I don’t mean to belittle sexual harassment in the workplace but if that’s all that comes to light after these emails get released, it’s a relative nothingburger. In other words, we already knew that these things took place. And if there’s nothing that Snyder himself did, it doesn’t matter who did it, IMO.  

This is it. We’ve been waiting for 20 years to get rid of Snyder. If he survives this, he can probably survive anything else. This is the last bullet in the chamber. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I said it before, I’ll say it again…nothing matters in this whole thing unless they can kick Snyder out. I don’t care about Gruden emails, I don’t care about Allen and Pash emails. None of it ****ing matters unless they can find things that can get Snyder removed. 

People can talk all they want about the toxic culture, a bad work environment for females…nothing matters unless they have direct evidence that Snyder committed sexual assault or something. I hope he didn’t, as I wouldn’t want a woman to go through that for the sake of getting Snyder removed.  I already know how ****ty the environment was and guess what? I’m still here, watching games. So are a lot of us. 

This is going to be tricky. By all accounts Snyder doesn’t use email, so they’re not going to find anything inflammatory that he put in writing.  At best you’re relying on Allen going to someone like Pash or someone else in the league to cover up something that would make him look bad. 

I don’t mean to belittle sexual harassment in the workplace but if that’s all that comes to light after these emails get released, it’s a relative nothingburger. In other words, we already knew that these things took place. And if there’s nothing that Snyder himself did, it doesn’t matter who did it, IMO.  

This is it. We’ve been waiting for 20 years to get rid of Snyder. If he survives this, he can probably survive anything else. This is the last bullet in the chamber. 

While I agree nothing may be changing and this is old news, what we are seeing is a brighter and wider light shining on this whole scandal and the NFL has a reputation to withhold. We are going to see how far these sides are willing to bend before one side finally breaks.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 9:53 AM, Wildbunny said:

Can't wait to read the truth about tso!

On 10/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, Jumbo said:

that's a no-fly zone even for me and i've bellowed back at bigfoot in the olympic mts

dude is connected

58BC2B96-9F9E-45A5-B1BB-221BAC7DC73C.jpeg.e0e7426cda6a873c7c1a353e81fd3a27.jpeg

• Haha 6

You know what? I’m going to be positive about this, even if it doesn’t amount to Snyder getting removed.

Because, for me, this has to be really eye-opening for all the other loser owners and Goodell when it comes to Snyder. I don’t think they cared much about him before, but they definitely came to his aid and saved him from what should’ve happened to him as a result of a legitimate investigation. They ensured it wasn’t legitimate by making it tough on Wilkinson (or she was an accomplice, I don’t know) to interview everyone necessary and they made sure it didn’t see the light of day, anyway. 

But here’s the thing.

With the owners already having a disdain for Dan; with the attendance and TV ratings being what they are for what has always been a premier, revenue-generating franchise in the NFL; with the poor trajectory said revenue-generating has been on under Snyder for well over a decade; and now finally this massive amount of heat coming from the friggin government itself ALL BECAUSE OF THIS IDIOT… there’s no way in my mind they’re going to come out of this, no matter what happens, with even the slightest amount of patience with this dude. 

This might not be his end… but I really believe their tolerance for him and his antics after this will be at zero. And knowing how stupid he is, he’ll do something else that’ll be the final straw for them and it won’t take long. 

Again, there’s no way in my mind the Trash Can Club that is the owners and Goodell are sitting there doing anything but being enraged because of and at him right now. I just know they’re so done with him regarding this, I mean, he’s managed to get Congress coming after the NFL. It’s actually hilarious when you think about it. :ols: 

The problem is, they already did too much to save him so now they’re likely thinking they’ve got to see this through and work with him, or else they’re all implicated in this mess. I’m not sure how they throw him to the wolves alone on this without it directly implicating them as accomplices who actively hid his crimes. 

So, yeah, maybe this isn’t it for him. But I don’t think this is our last chance of being rid of him. On the contrary, this should be the biggest key factor in his removal down the road as soon as he slips up even in the slightest. Heck, it might not even need a slip up. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest of the owners band together and lobby for him to sell every day behind closed doors until he does, probably doing all kinds of shady things to mess with him and make his life miserable in the process. 

Or maybe I’m just being too positive and this is just another means for a tyrant to consolidate his power. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

You know what? I’m going to be positive about this, even if it doesn’t amount to Snyder getting removed.

Because, for me, this has to be really eye-opening for all the other loser owners and Goodell when it comes to Snyder. I don’t think they cared much about him before, but they definitely came to his aid and saved him from what should’ve happened to him as a result of a legitimate investigation. They ensured it wasn’t legitimate by making it tough on Wilkinson (or she was an accomplice, I don’t know) to interview everyone necessary and they made sure it didn’t see the light of day, anyway. 

But here’s the thing.

With the owners already having a disdain for Dan; with the attendance and TV ratings being what they are for what has always been a premier, revenue-generating franchise in the NFL; with the poor trajectory said revenue-generating has been on under Snyder for well over a decade; and now finally this massive amount of heat coming from the friggin government itself ALL BECAUSE OF THIS IDIOT… there’s no way in my mind they’re going to come out of this, no matter what happens, with even the slightest amount of patience with this dude. 

This might not be his end… but I really believe their tolerance for him and his antics after this will be at zero. And knowing how stupid he is, he’ll do something else that’ll be the final straw for them and it won’t take long. 

Again, there’s no way in my mind the Trash Can Club that is the owners and Goodell are sitting there doing anything but being enraged because of and at him right now. I just know they’re so done with him regarding this, I mean, he’s managed to get Congress coming after the NFL. It’s actually hilarious when you think about it. :ols: 

The problem is, they already did too much to save him so now they’re likely thinking they’ve got to see this through and work with him, or else they’re all implicated in this mess. I’m not sure how they throw him to the wolves alone on this without it directly implicating them as accomplices who actively hid his crimes. 

So, yeah, maybe this isn’t it for him. But I don’t think this is our last chance of being rid of him. On the contrary, this should be the biggest key factor in his removal down the road as soon as he slips up even in the slightest. Heck, it might not even need a slip up. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest of the owners band together and lobby for him to sell every day behind closed doors until he does, probably doing all kinds of shady things to mess with him and make his life miserable in the process. 

Or maybe I’m just being too positive and this is just another means for a tyrant to consolidate his power. 🤷🏽‍♂️

He has taken 20+ years, but his wilting touch has finally gone beyond this franchise and graces the NFL. 

Like you said… HE did this (allegedly) because of a spat with a guy (allegedly) who isn’t even in the league). You can’t make that up. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 8
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Playing off of this point, can you imagine if its uncovered that Dan was the one who leaked those emails?  It's bad enough that his "culture" has led to this point.  But imagine if it was his vindictiveness that led to the story blowing up one more time that led to a Congressional investigation?

The Jon Gruden story which I posted yesterday about him saying the truth will come out, I didn't take that the way some did which was Gruden thinks he was mischaracterized and will set the record straight on that front. He's already taken the hit for the comments so I don't think he has an angle about all of a sudden denying them or something like that.   My best guess is that Gruden thinks someone went out of his way to hurt him and the Raiders and that story will surface.  An angle that was brought out in that story is it hurt the competitiveness of the Raiders as for the timing of the story. Maybe that might lead to a lawsuit?  If Dan's fingerprints are on that, that story might seriously add to his troubles with the owners. 

In short, if he's guilty of the leak, that I think would greatly increase his troubles with the fellow owners.   You'd have an irrate owner about Dan's actions.  Again the angle being that he exposed Gruden smack in the middle of the season, causing disarray for a team.  Heck our team is playing them this season, too.   And that leak looks like the impetus for the Congressional investigation.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Jacoby6644 said:

Well at the end of the day this is all as bit odd.it is very similar to what I said many posts ago… “Dan gets the team because they don’t want to have other serious allegations come out about the rest of the league”. Hate to tell everyone, here come all sorts of things team related

Good. 
get it all out there

this is likely the best opportunity to get him out of here we’re ever gonna get 

so let’s get it all out there. We got one shot at this. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In short, if he's guilty of the leak, that I think would greatly increase his troubles with the fellow owners.   You'd have an irrate owner about Dan's actions.  Again the angle being that he exposed Gruden smack in the middle of the season, causing disarray for a team.  Heck our team is playing them this season, too.   And that leak looks like the impetus for the Congressional investigation.

I wonder how liked Davis is with the owners. He's definitely not his dad but he did pull off the Vegas move. Plus his dad is a legend do there's that. But the word I get on him from sports media is that he's not the smartest. But I wonder if he's a guy that's liked

I've said since the beginning that if they can tie those cheerleader videos to Snyder, i.e. prove that he ordered them to be made, he will be done. When the cheerleaders settled, it looked like the case was going to be swept under the rug. But if Congress gets involved and more on this comes out (maybe getting Larry Michael on the stand?), things could go way differently. 

9 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I wonder how liked Davis is with the owners. He's definitely not his dad but he did pull off the Vegas move. Plus his dad is a legend do there's that. But the word I get on him from sports media is that he's not the smartest. But I wonder if he's a guy that's liked

I don't know.  My initial gut is the best shot for this to get messy for Dan is the mere threat of a Congressional inquiry, coupled with a reveal that Dan made the leak.

I actually hope Jon Gruden on the rampage if that's true spills into Dan.  

• Like 1

Snyder could be in trouble if it ends up being a grudge match in front of the other owners between himself and Mark Davis. Davis isn’t Al, but he’s a made man. He’s a legacy, he may be weird looking but he’s effortlessly part of the old boys club that Snyder so desperately wishes to be accepted into. He’s a money-maker and pulled off the move to Vegas and probably has had a large part in shaping the league’s abrupt about-face on gambling—that fresh gambling money is just starting to flow into the owners’ pockets. 

Even Jerry won’t be able to save Snyder (if Jones even still allows him to be his lackey these days) if Davis wants to cause a ruckus among the other owners. It’s old money vs new money. It’s been 20 years and Snyder still isn’t “one of them”. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

You know you're in a desperate situation when your only hope is for politicians to do the right thing.

Our most realistic hope requires an Avengers-style team-up between Congress and 31 billionaires 

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

By all accounts Snyder doesn’t use email, so they’re not going to find anything inflammatory that he put in writing.  At best you’re relying on Allen going to someone like Pash or someone else in the league to cover up something that would make him look bad. 

There is something in that report they do not want to get out--hence they sweeping it under the rug. Has the NFL levied a bigger fine than the $10m they handed Snyder? Maybe I am speaking more from hope than anything else, but the fact that they did not release any information from the report means there is some very damaging information there to the NFL as a whole--not just Snyder. I think/hope the Gruden thing is the tip of the iceberg. They are worried about Snyder being litigious and then went and pissed off the most litigious franchise in sports by forcing Gruden out...

• Like 1

The ONLY thing... And I mean ONLY thing keeping me around, is the hope that Danny is finally out. 

For the first time in 20+ years, this coming Sunday, I REFUSE to watch the **** show on the field. Like many others, the ****ization of Sean's memory on Sunday was the last straw. I LOVE this team, but I'm done until it's owned by anyone that doesn't have Snyder as the last name. 

• Like 3

Somewhere snyder and his closest are working on a plan where the foundation is: the world is after me, trying to ruin me, and I must defend myself

Which is perfect because that delusional mindset gives way to making so many mistakes

46 minutes ago, FrFan said:

What kind of power does have the Congress in that matter ?

The nfl lives with an antitrust exemption at the will of congress. 
would this jeopardize  that? It could. Not saying it will. But it could. And that alone makes this meaningful. 

they can also issue subpoenas to everyone involved. The former employees are already saying they’ll testify. Plus Bruce Allen and Larry Michael a few others could be put up there. And who knows who from the nfl could be subpoenaed and either show or not show - both of which would be headline making. 

and it’ll become a daily media frenzy about Congress investigating the team and the league for toxic workplace for women. 

real power? Outside of anti-trust probably nothing. 

but the NFL, a league that’s clearly pivoted to trying to attract women as it’s sorta maxed out the male demographic, does not want this going on. At all. Nothing good comes from this for them and the longer it goes on the graver the damage. 

november 4th will be when we find out. Either they go after them for not meeting the deadline, or they don’t. 

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, tshile said:

The nfl lives with an antitrust exemption at the will of congress. 

This is the truly the only thing that the NFL or any of the major sports care about. 

Scandals and terrible people doing terrible things will fade away over time. 

It's very unlikely that it would happen, but if the NFL gets a sniff of that a real push may take place you to remove the antitrust exemption, some interesting things may happen. 

12 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Here's my question and it's probably unlikely since we only know if the emails because of the leaks, but what if all of a sudden the emails were deleted from the server. I know that would look like they had something to hide but could a higher power (say Congress or the FBI or whoever call it SHIELD or HYDRA) just this deletion/absence of email as some form of proof of guilt?

I don’t think that worked out last time