Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Doug is already being handled exceedingly politely by the front office. They get paid for it, I don't.

Doug has had 1 success in his front office career: He got Adrian Peterson. That also happened to be the strategy that most callers to the Fred Smoot Show would have suggested. The only other value Doug had was to be able to walk out onto the podium and say "I'm Doug Williams and I approve this message" because he was the only public-facing member of the FO who wasn't a certifiable slimeball.

I am certain that the only reason Doug Williams has been promoted to Jason Wright's Senior Suggester position is because to fire Doug right now would be kick him out with the rest of the Bruce holdovers. Doug deserves better than for his legacy to be tarnished with his career ending in the same cleanup as Bruce's crew. So now he gets to ride for a bit before quietly retiring and being remembered for what he was: A class act QB, Redskins Super Bowl legend, and all around a devoted member of the team.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 3

The American Civil Liberties Union, the National Women’s Law Center and the Time’s Up Foundation sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Friday demanding the public release of the results of the league’s investigation of allegations of pervasive sexual harassment and mistreatment of female employees at the Washington Football Team during owner Daniel Snyder’s tenure.

The investigation, overseen by D.C. attorney Beth Wilkinson, started in July and is nearing completion, Goodell said at a news conference Thursday in Tampa. The league has not said whether it will release Wilkinson’s findings. A league spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“There cannot be accountability without transparency. Many dozens of women courageously came forward, at great risk to their careers, livelihood and well-being, to expose the practices that you correctly labeled as abhorrent,” read the letter, also signed by Futures Without Violence. “... If the NFL fails to release the report, these women will feel — correctly, we believe — that the risk they took was in vain and that Mr. Snyder succeeded in silencing them.”

The Washington Football Team did not immediately respond to requests for comment sent to a spokeswoman and the team's public relations firm.

Wilkinson also did not respond to a request for comment. Her investigation was opened in response to a July 16 report in The Washington Post of allegations of sexual harassment made by 15 female former employees and two reporters who covered the team.

Wilkinson initially reported to Snyder and the team, but the NFL took on oversight of her investigation after an Aug. 26 report in The Post detailed allegations raised by another 25 female former employees, including a cheerleader who accused Snyder of humiliating her.

Snyder denied the woman’s allegation and denied any knowledge of two lewd videos, produced by the team’s production staff in 2008 and 2010, that featured moments of partially nude cheerleaders captured on camera during swimsuit calendar shoots.

Also Friday, a federal judge in Virginia denied The Post’s motion to intervene in a lawsuit over a confidential settlement agreement that appears to involve an allegation of sexual harassment raised against Snyder by a female former employee. The lawsuit was filed in November by former team general counsel David Donovan against Wilkinson, in an apparent effort to prevent Wilkinson from sharing information about the settlement. Donovan dismissed the case in November, and his lawyers, lawyers for Wilkinson and lawyers for the team have been in conversations for weeks over what documents and details relating to the case will be made public, according to court filings.

Lawyers for Donovan and the team did not immediately reply to requests for comment.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

14 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Of course the findings should be made public. And if Snyder and the league don’t welcome that outcome, hell even champion it, it will be an extremely bad look. 

Those earlier quotes from Goodell don't have me very hopeful.

“To me, the important thing in the context of this is that the Washington football club has made a lot of changes already,” Goodell said. “They asked for this type of review. They asked for the recommendations on this. Dan and Tanya [Snyder] are going to be done making those changes for the football club. It’s really — it’s good to see that. But I expect that Beth’s recommendations will be something that will be added to that.”

The way he's talking about "Dan and Tanya" there is sickening and really points to what will probably be the overall outcome in all of this. "They asked for this type of review." Who is this idiot trying to fool? The only reason any of these "good moves" have been happening is because Snyder has been deprived of all other options. Sure, the result of these moves is good for the team on the field, but the main question people with a conscience should be asking is, do they exonerate this man for the past 20 years, especially when he's never admitted to ANY wrongdoing and continues to deny everything?

Baby No GIF by moodman

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 4

Snyder isn't a fool - he's not going to admit to anything and will deny everything.  There is a lot of smoke indicating a serious fundamental issue but I think the non-disclose agreement is the key.  If the details ever get revealed and it's of the nature I suspect, then I think the NFL's hand will be forced.  If the non-disclose agreement can be kept sealed then Snyder will survive.

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

“To me, the important thing in the context of this is that the Washington football club has made a lot of changes already,” Goodell said. “They asked for this type of review. They asked for the recommendations on this. Dan and Tanya [Snyder] are going to be done making those changes for the football club. It’s really — it’s good to see that. But I expect that Beth’s recommendations will be something that will be added to that.”

Slap on the wrist. Goodell will show no spine at all, maybe a suspension and fine.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:02 AM, ConnSKINS26 said:

You must think that Snyder does a helluva job with all that money he makes. Maybe take a breather, you’re tiring yourself out in here.

Also, addressing a previous comment you made—I can’t believe how consistently this comes up with the demographics on this forum, but I’ve gotta remind you I guess: millennials are mostly in their 30’s, nearly 40 for many. They make up the vast majority of the active workforce. “Millennial” is not a code word for any young whippersnapper that you think doesn’t respect the old days enough, it is an actual defined term. 

Now stop licking boots and being offended for a literal multi-millionaire who doesn’t know you exist, and accept that not everybody is qualified for the position they hold in this world no matter how much money they make. Or at least accept that it’s okay for someone else to hold that opinion without you throwing a fit. 

Talking for the sake of talking. That's what they do. We are not talking about Dan. We're talking about Doug Williams. What information is out there that definitive shows that he's done a poor job? Now to that question, you can answer it or not, doesn't really matter to me. At this point, I know my audience. Its always the same suspects to. Smh

Edited by joeken24
add

I re-listened to the Rivera interview with Sheehan, I caught something I missed previously. K. Curl was via their secondary coach.  He loved him before the draft, he was his 2nd favorite safety after Chinn. 

So we know now:  Curl, Gibson, Mckissic, L. Thomas were ideas coming from other people.  I like Kyle Smith but the more nuggets keep coming out the more I get why Rivera isn't in a panic about him leaving.  At a minimum the last off season wasn't an all by himself tour de force from Kyle as to FA/the draft.    It brings home why (if I recall it was Finlay) it was said behind the scenes Kyle wasn't the defacto GM as some suspect he was. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I re-listened to the Rivera interview with Sheehan, I caught something I missed previously. K. Curl was via their secondary coach.  He loved him before the draft, he was his 2nd favorite safety after Chinn. 

So we know now:  Curl, Gibson, Mckissic, L. Thomas were ideas coming from other people.  I like Kyle Smith but the more nuggets keep coming out the more I get why Rivera isn't in a panic about him leaving.  At a minimum the last off season wasn't an all by himself tour de force from Kyle as to FA/the draft.    It brings home why (if I recall it was Finlay) it was said behind the scenes Kyle wasn't the defacto GM as some suspect he was. 

Did they say whether or not he noticed Curl on his own or if Curl was brought to his attention by someone in the building who liked him?

Edited by Califan007

17 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Did they say whether or not he noticed Curl on his own or if Curl was brought to his attention by someone in the building who liked him?

He didn't get into that kind of detail.  But I presume if Kyle Smith told him this dude is the goods, and the secondary coach just said ditto, Rivera probably wouldn't have touted the coach connection to Curl to that extent including him ranking him as his 2nd best safety.    Getting a list of projected draft and for that matter undrafted position players isn't hard to find with some exceptions.  I can find them myself and when I have time I'll go nuts on a spot, if I recall I rated about 25 TEs in the last draft, probably over 30 WRs.  And that's just me messing around for fun. 

Just based on previous coaches talking about the draft, I presume its not unusual for every position coach to watch all the prospects at their position -- especially since they not only know how to judge that spot but also because they know who have the right skill sets to fit their scheme. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He didn't get into that kind of detail.  But I presume if Kyle Smith told him this dude is the goods, and the secondary coach just said ditto, Rivera probably wouldn't have touted the coach connection to Curl to that extent including him ranking him as his 2nd best safety.    Getting a list of projected draft and for that matter undrafted position players isn't hard to find with some exceptions.  I can find them myself and when I have time I'll go nuts on a spot, if I recall I rated about 25 TEs in the last draft, probably over 30 WRs.  And that's just me messing around for fun. 

Just based on previous coaches talking about the draft, I presume its not unusual for every position coach to watch all the prospects at their position -- especially since they not only know how to judge that spot but also because they know who have the right skill sets to fit their scheme. 

The personnel dept and the coaches are in constant communication throughout the process and offseason (or at least they should be).  The secondary coach liking Curl and Smith/personnel dept liking him can coincide simultaneously. Since the whole process is a constant back and forth between scouts, their superiors, the GM, the VP of Player Personnel, the head coach, all coaches on the team, and even the owner most times, I tend to just look at the decision makers and give them credit/blame lol...

Speaking of which

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The personnel dept and the coaches are in constant communication throughout the process and offseason (or at least they should be).  The secondary coach liking Curl and Smith/personnel dept liking him can coincide simultaneously. Since the whole process is a constant back and forth between scouts, their superiors, the GM, the VP of Player Personnel, the head coach, all coaches on the team, and even the owner most times, I tend to just look at the decision makers and give them credit/blame lol...

OK, cool, then by that token, then give the credit to Ron Rivera since he ultimately made the call.

Multiple interviews for him for coordinator jobs already

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

You'll notice I said "decision makerS"...plural.

Ok that would be Gribble, Kyle, Harris, Rivera I would gather on this. 

You know better than most that on the FO/Bruce thread I touted Kyle like crazy even before it became cool to do so.  I still think he's a stud evaluator.   My point is that I suspect considering these various leaks keep surfacing I don't think the FO will be lost puppies without Kyle.  Not saying you are on the opposite side of the point -- just sharing my perspective on this.   I trust Rivera until I have a reason not to trust him. 

Might not be the worst thing in the future, if Del Rio does get attention for HC jobs after some good defensive seasons here—people here have been afraid of that. Well, seems like we’ve got a potential young hotshot in-house once again, if we can hold onto him, in Chris Harris.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Joe Barry hired as DC in GB what a joke!!!!! White privilege at its finest!

🤣  I think you mean idiocy at its finest. 

White, black, yellow with pink polka dots; it doesn't matter.  Joe Barry sucks ass. And we personally all know that only too well. 

No need to make it a race thing when it is obviously a stupidity thing.

HTTR!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan4128 said:

White, black, yellow with pink polka dots; it doesn't matter.  Joe Barry sucks ass. And we personally all know that only too well. 

HTTR!

No way he’d get yet another job if he was black.  No denying that fact.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

HTTR!

Joe Barry getting a 3rd shot to be a DC after failing badly at it twice is absolutely white privilege. He and Gase are the poster children for it. 

I know LaFleur coached with him in LAR but good god

• Like 8