Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

With talk about another virtual offseason due to the pandemic, I don't think its a lock that any team has cheerleaders/mascots/bands next year.

It is probably not a bad bet that we will at the very least have reduced fan capacity. Probably wont be a good idea to pack 90K people together for a very long time.

• Like 1

I'll be pretty disappointed if the only changes made here are disbanding/pausing the cheerleading program. That would essentially be saying "you know what...the easiest way to avoid males (led by the owner) acting inappropriately is to remove the temptation."

Snyder is going to skate again, isn't he? Put some lipstick on a pig, hire another name to revamp his image, and keep cashing checks. It's sickening and sad. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'll be pretty disappointed if the only changes made here are disbanding/pausing the cheerleading program. That would essentially be saying "you know what...the easiest way to avoid males (led by the owner) acting inappropriately is to remove the temptation."

Snyder is going to skate again, isn't he? Put some lipstick on a pig, hire another name to revamp his image, and keep cashing checks. It's sickening and sad. 

The disbanding apparently has nothing to do with the investigation outside of a franchise-wide rebranding of everything. Also, at least for now, sounds temporary.

I'd be fine if they moved on from cheerleaders altogether. That was a college thing that the hated Cowboys brought into the NFL. Pro fans should be able to watch the game without a T&A show on the sidelines.

Whatever they do, the team needs to ditch the sleazy and seedy image that crept in after Snyder bought the team. Take it upmarket.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, profusion said:

Whatever they do, the team needs to ditch the sleazy and seedy image that crept in after Snyder bought the team. Take it upmarket.

Good news on that front!

Snyder is personally interviewing for the newly created position a professional with long time experience in the entertainment industry...

image.thumb.jpeg.cc0067ecc41950d8d126a7cedbf8f0b4.jpeg

Introducing the WFTs new Executive Vice President of Guest Experiences, Miss Jessica Rabbit.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/02/10/washington-football-team-cheerleaders-settlement/

Former Washington Football Team cheerleaders who appeared in lewd videos that team employees secretly produced from outtakes of 2008 and 2010 swimsuit calendar shoots have reached confidential settlements with the team.

“The matter has been resolved,” said Cindy Minniti, an attorney representing the team and owner Daniel Snyder, when asked about dozens of ex-cheerleaders represented separately by attorneys Lisa Banks and Gloria Allred. None of the lawyers would provide any details on the terms of the settlements.

That's step 1!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/02/10/washington-football-team-cheerleaders-settlement/

Former Washington Football Team cheerleaders who appeared in lewd videos that team employees secretly produced from outtakes of 2008 and 2010 swimsuit calendar shoots have reached confidential settlements with the team.

“The matter has been resolved,” said Cindy Minniti, an attorney representing the team and owner Daniel Snyder, when asked about dozens of ex-cheerleaders represented separately by attorneys Lisa Banks and Gloria Allred. None of the lawyers would provide any details on the terms of the settlements.

That's step 1!

Very disappointed they settled. I think having this case going to court and all the publicity that would've resulted was really the best chance there was to get him removed. Seems to me there was a pretty strong case there, but who knows. Maybe it wasn't as strong as it looked. I figured this was the likely result, but I was holding out hope it would go to court. Geez, Allred must've settled a long time ago. Haven't heard anything from her for months. Would love to know the details of that settlement. Sure he obviously bought their silence, so we'll never know. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Very disappointed they settled. I think having this case going to court and all the publicity that would've resulted was really the best chance there was to get him removed. Seems to me there was a pretty strong case there, but who knows. Maybe it wasn't as strong as it looked. I figured this was the likely result, but I was holding out hope it would go to court. Geez, Allred must've settled a long time ago. Haven't heard anything from her for months. Would love to know the details of that settlement. Sure he obviously bought their silence, so we'll never know. 

I think that's a very self-centered way to look at this. These girls had their images used by Snyder and his cronies for God-knows-what. Maybe as women in their 30s and 40s they didn't want their names dragged into litigation and have it drawn out over years. We all know what someone like Snyder would do in that case to victim-blame, try to drudge up dirt on them, etc. 

I'd settle out of court with the confidentiality too. And, I don't think the outcome of their settlement should have any impact on what Goodell or the other owners decide about Snyder. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think that's a very self-centered way to look at this. These girls had their images used by Snyder and his cronies for God-knows-what. Maybe as women in their 30s and 40s they didn't want their names dragged into litigation and have it drawn out over years. We all know what someone like Snyder would do in that case to victim-blame, try to drudge up dirt on them, etc. 

I'd settle out of court with the confidentiality too. And, I don't think the outcome of their settlement should have any impact on what Goodell or the other owners decide about Snyder. 

That's a fair point, and I agree with you. I was writing more out of the immediate reaction on seeing that article, but it did come off as selfish as it relates to my desire to see Snyder gone. And you're right, it's easy for someone not really involved to sit back and say they wish it had "gone to court." Mea culpa on that. 

All that said, I still maintain a case like this was the best hope in getting Snyder removed, especially in light of Goodell's recent remarks about "all the good things Dan and Tanya" have done. I don't see the NFL report getting that done at this point, unless there's something in there that no one yet knows about. And even in that case, it'd probably have to be something HUGE. I'd be surprised if the results are even made public. It's just sickening to see Snyder buy his way out of these things yet again. 

23 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

That's a fair point, and I agree with you. I was writing more out of the immediate reaction on seeing that article, but it did come off as selfish as it relates to my desire to see Snyder gone. And you're right, it's easy for someone not really involved to sit back and say they wish it had "gone to court." Mea culpa on that. 

All that said, I still maintain a case like this was the best hope in getting Snyder removed, especially in light of Goodell's recent remarks about "all the good things Dan and Tanya" have done. I don't see the NFL report getting that done at this point, unless there's something in there that no one yet knows about. And even in that case, it'd probably have to be something HUGE. I'd be surprised if the results are even made public. It's just sickening to see Snyder buy his way out of these things yet again. 

Agreed on all fronts. I hope I didn't come off as too mean on the first point...this one just hits home a bit. 

As for Snyder, I agree again. I see no way that anything we are currently aware of forces anyone's hand. And that's too bad!

• Like 1

Just now, Spearfeather said:

Has it been revealed ( or proven ) yet whether Snyder ordered the videos, or saw them or knew they existed ?

No, it hasn't. That's what the court case would've hopefully done. So far we have a former employee who went on record saying Larry told the editing crew that they had to make the 2008 video "for the owner." Apparently the guy who made the video in 2010 (a different person) suggested the same thing. He said he was ordered by Larry to burn the videos to DVDs that said "For Executive Meeting." Both videos supposedly have the same songs on the backing tracks: The Rolling Stones, U2 and Aerosmith. The first two of those bands Snyder is on record saying are his "favorites." 

But no, hasn't been proven. I personally believe the circumstantial evidence all points to Snyder. Whether they could've proven that in court I guess is a different story that we'll never get the ending for. I was just really hoping to see Larry and others have to take the stand, because at the very LEAST, Larry would've most likely been held responsible. Would've been interesting to see if he would've "flipped" on his boss or taken the blame himself. These guys really got off easy on this imo. 

So they have videos for 2008 and 2010. Have to wonder if there were others created in other years, which would make sense. Will probably never know at this point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's step 1!

This is a clear win for those, unlike myself, who  support Snyder’s continued ownership of the team. Not that that was ever seriously in jeopardy but the one wild card was if more salacious facts came out from direct sources on the record. Clearly Snyder has paid handsomely for their continued silence.

All that’s left is the presentation of sanitized findings from the league sponsored (paid by Snyder) investigation and the inevitable slap on the wrist monetary punishment (hopefully no draft picks are involved) and then the cover up is complete.

Advantage Snyder.

Game, set and match seems just a point away. 😥

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

9 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

So they have videos for 2008 and 2010. Have to wonder if there were others created in other years, which would make sense. Will probably never know at this point. 

I wouldn't bet on that. Like you said, they probably exist. I don't see the same group of people doing it a couple times and stopping. And, if they exist and contain other people who weren't part of this settlement, Snyder could face litigation or another out-of-court settlement with those victims. I think the settlement with the 2008 and 2010 victims only precludes THEM from bringing this up again. 

10 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

This is a clear win for those, unlike myself, who  support Snyder’s continued ownership of the team. Not that that was ever seriously in jeopardy but the one wild card was if more salacious facts came out from direct sources on the record. Clearly Snyder has paid handsomely for their continued silence.

All that’s left is the presentation of sanitized findings from the league sponsored (paid by Snyder) investigation and the inevitable slap on the wrist monetary punishment (hopefully no draft picks are involved) and then the cover up is complete.

Advantage Snyder.

Game, set and match seems just a point away. 😥

Keep in mind...this only addresses the videos. Even if Snyder ordered those, he wasn't on those trips so I don't think these were the girls who would have had the additional "salacious facts" to truly hang Snyder. I believe there are still dozens of female employees who have claimed sexual harassment so those could all yield more details and more evidence against him. 

Look, I don't think he's going anywhere either, but the videos were never going to be that smoking gun for that anyway. They SHOULD be just due to the predatory and criminal nature, but without proof that he did it, I think they just serve as yet another behavioral example. 

22 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Look, I don't think he's going anywhere either, but the videos were never going to be that smoking gun for that anyway. They SHOULD be just due to the predatory and criminal nature, but without proof that he did it, I think they just serve as yet another behavioral example. 

Oh, I think they could've been if it had ended up in court. That's why I was disappointed to see it settled on first hearing. They would've had the chance to question all involved, under OATH, and it could've gotten BAD for Snyder in that scenario. If it had come out in that setting that he and others had been lying all the time about these videos, I don't see how he'd survive that. To me, that was absolutely the best chance that existed in something big enough to force his removal or force him to sell. Maybe there's something out there yet to come, we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm not hopeful, if one can actually be "hopeful" about something like this. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Oh, I think they could've been if it had ended up in court. That's why I was disappointed to see it settled on first hearing. They would've had the chance to question all involved, under OATH, and it could've gotten BAD for Snyder in that scenario. If it had come out in that setting that he and others had been lying all the time about these videos, I don't see how he'd survive that. To me, that was absolutely the best chance that existed in something big enough to force his removal or force him to sell. Maybe there's something out there yet to come, we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm not hopeful, if one can actually be "hopeful" about something like this. 

So, I think there MUST be something out there. We have a few examples trickling out which makes me believe there's a ton we don't know yet. You could be right that the video thing going to court would have been damning, but I also think with his lawyers it may not have gotten too far. 

Edit: To expand on this...without a smoking gun, that trial would have turned into a lot of finger pointing and denial. I think the non-cheerleader employees probably have the dirt on Snyder. From what I've been told, he never interacted or even acknowledged the cheerleaders (which makes his demand for that tape even more disgusting). But, if he and his people were interacting with the other females, there's probably some fire to go with all the smoke. 

The reality is that it's always going to be tough to make someone sell something they don't want to. The other owners aren't going to take that step unless they're also looking at losing money, too. And believe me, Dan's best buddy Jerry would sell him out in a heartbeat if the money was enough to matter.

On 10/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, FootballZombie said:

end in massive cash settlements where everyone's problems mysteriously go away and no one is punished in the traditional sense.

Sadly, looks like we are getting closer and closer to a Snyder fine and suspension, and the NFL sweeping this whole thing under the rug and doing their best to look the other way.

I'm also feeling less and less confident that we will get a full breakdown of everything the investigation found