Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

It'd honestly be interesting to hear what Jay thinks of some players in the draft like Newman or Jones or Trask or Mond. I don't have high hopes that any of these guys would be the franchise guy that we covet, but I do think that they could be a reasonable QB to take the reigns for a while, especially if we can get them in the 2nd or 3rd (Jones probably isn't going in the second but I'm seeing Newman all over the place, same with the other guys). 

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

There it is. How much more evidence do we need. Now part of me wonders if this was always the case but c'mon its laid out forI

If there is any optimism to take from Jay that would be in both interviews he mentioned that he’s heard that things have changed as for Dan now that Rivera is in charge. But will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

34 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sure, now - we do.  Thanks to everyone (fans and media) that made a stink about Ashburn over the past 2 decades.

Interestingly enough, you've hear nothing on Jennifer King, hiring Mayhew, Wright, or promoting Stokes from the some of the biggest critics of the name.

Again, before anyone misconstrues what I am saying--Snyder gets next to no credit (other than having his ass on fire enough to do something even remotely different). This is the culture Rivera is talking about

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If there is any optimism to take from Jay that would be in both interviews he mentioned that he’s heard that things have changed as for Dan now that Rivera is in charge. But will see.

I remember when Dan hired Jay, they had dinner together and Dan was so humble. When we hired McCloughan, Dan said he was embarrassed and wouldn't interfere. We've heard these things before. Its not like I want to be a bad fan, but I was all in with Bruce because I wanted to believe something. But now, I can't have any faith in that man ever doing the right thing. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I remember when Dan hired Jay, they had dinner together and Dan was so humble. When we hired McCloughan, Dan said he was embarrassed and wouldn't interfere. We've heard these things before. Its not like I want to be a bad fan, but I was all in with Bruce because I wanted to believe something. But now, I can't have any faith in that man ever doing the right thing. 

Thinking Skins, finally joining the congregation, and you are welcome here sir.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

No argument from me.  The last time i got fooled by Dan was the Shanny period, i thought maybe he changed then.  No more.  I was a critic of him before that period and have been since with the exception of that RG3 phase.  I do buy and still do that he doesn't interfere as much as he once did.  Nonethless, he still interferred plenty enough. 

I threw the Haskins stuff about the pick when it happened on a thread and some argued with me about it and didn't believe Dan's involvement.   The only thing that some mistook for me as to ever defending Dan was when I would say Bruce is making decisions too and he's also part of the problem.  I compared them to the Emperor and Vadar.   Some said then I was duped and Bruce was fine but he was just simply Dan's stooge.  I disagreed.  I said you can have two villains in the same movie.    But Dan was obviously IMO always the #1 vilain

Nothing that has come since has vindicated Bruce as not being part of this rotten culture.   He clearly was part of the problem, too.    Heck Standig in his last podcast doubled down on the same thing that Keim did which is Kyle Smith's association with Bruce likely was part of the plot of Ron wanting a new start.   But as I've said multiple times in this thread, Dan suggesting the culture problems with the team are all on Bruce -- that is a joke to me.  The culture problems IMO are about Dan first and foremost and by a mile.

But I don't buy that dude can ever change -- if you notice that argument is buried heavily in why i actually I am OK with coach centric model in part because I want Ron to load people up in that building who are loyal to him.  i don't want Dan to have his guys so to speak or there to be a clear dividing line so Dan could have a dude that he could co-opt.  

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan interferes, it will be his demise. He will be left with a fan base of 5000 or less.

There will be no fanbase.  I’ve already talked about this multiple times.  If Dan interferes Ron walks and so does any respectable FO person.  No one will come here.  The owners and NFL probably are forced to take over because of the damage it would do to the profit sharing.  If Dan screws Ron or any FO person he’s done.  If Dan stays at that point the franchise crumble.  The league won’t allow that. 

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Doug Williams wouldn't have a job in the NFL with any other team than ours. 

No Tampa years ago.  But it was clear he shouldn’t have been in the FO there either. 

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't have the hostility that the person below has towards Kyle but that's the third example of it coming out that someone else pushed said player.  The others being McKissic and Logan Thomas. 

Damn we thought Kyle telling Dan he F Ed up was bad lol.  Scott over here about to cut throats. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Haha 2

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sad, but true.  However, I have zero issue with a glorified title and position, unrelated to personnel, for a Super Bowl champ who has always acted with class and grace, even when he was buds with Bruce Allen.

I don't have an issue with it either, it isn't my payroll lol. I'm happy he's away from the player development side of things though. 

• Like 1

Listening to Ron talk about letting Kyle go, I wonder if the bolded portion of his quote has a deeper meaning.

Question to Ron : Why did you decide to let Kyle Smith go?

"Kyle did a great job, he was part of some things that happened here and I thought it was an opportunity to move forward."

I wonder if the way he worded it just made it sound as if Kyle was wrapped up in the previous toxic environment or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Listening to Ron talk about letting Kyle go, I wonder if the bolded portion of his quote has a deeper meaning.

"Kyle did a great job, he was part of some things that happened here and I thought it was an opportunity to move forward."

I wonder if the way he worded it just made it sound as if Kyle was wrapped up in the previous toxic environment or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I totally took that bolded part as a positive reference and a compliment, referring to the productive things he did.

Also, if this year's great draft was all or mostly Ron and Scott's doing, what about the recent drafts, just immediately prior to 2020, that also were quite good ?

2019 gave us Sweat, McLaurin, Holcomb, Moreland, and a player who the jury is still out on - Harmon. That's at least 4 Starters on a Playoff Team, in just one draft

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I've listened to a lot of talk from beat guys who poked around on this.  And when you have guys like Keim, Standig and even Cooley who was very friendly with Kyle or so it seemed based on some of what he said on podcasts -- and all three circle back to the Bruce Allen tie as the main plotline -- I'd gather there is something specific to that than just a general guilt by association drill. 

28 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think it's very likely Dan wanted Kyle gone in fear of him still being connected to Bruce. Dan comes off as an extremely paranoid person to me. 

That could be true, too.  Am forgetting who said it but it was said that Bruce is tight with the minority owners who are at war right now with Dan.  Hence maybe there is some mistrust via Dan for anyone tied to that group?

• Like 2

Does anyone think that RR should have gotten more than just 3 votes for Coach of the Year ?

I mean, not just because of the obvious ; the whole cancer thing, which by itself is amazing, to coach through all of that.

But this team, which supposedly is full of holes at literally, nearly every position, including some important ones, had his team in a playoff game, going against the Bucs and the GOAT, who are about to play in a Super Bowl and possibly win it, and we were just 60 yards away, plus a 2-pointer, from tying that Bucs team, with just 1:51 to go.

Obviously that's a huge credit to the coaching staff, and Ron in particular.

Turner gets credit too. I read an article which explained what all the other 30 teams needed to do, in order to get to the next Super Bowl, and it was basically "let Turner loose, to do his thing" and of course give him more talent, considering what he did with so little talent on offense.

If there was an award for Assistant Coach of the Year, surely Turner would be at least mentioned.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Malapropismic Depository how do you know how many votes a coach got for COTY? Is that info available somewhere? 

I may have misunderstood this article. After a closer glance, looks like it's not be the official votes, but rather the votes of certain sports writers.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-season-award-picks-analysts-vote-on-mvp-coach-of-the-year-more

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1