Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

There will be no fanbase.  I’ve already talked about this multiple times.  If Dan interferes Ron walks and so does any respectable FO person.  No one will come here.  The owners and NFL probably are forced to take over because of the damage it would do to the profit sharing.  If Dan screws Ron or any FO person he’s done.  If Dan stays at that point the franchise crumble.  The league won’t allow that. 

I would like that to be true, but there will always be some level of fan base here...it's dwindling for sure, but I thought Snyder was on his "last strike" many times prior to now. 

Also, the tweet about the investigation nearing an end makes me think it's going to turn up nothing. 

• Like 2

It seems pretty obvious Rivera liked Smith but Snyder wants him out due to Allen ties. Likely to help him if this investigation requires people on staff to talk... probably wasn’t even a choice and Ron was okay with it because he got the Marts and liked Stokes. 

Naming the team WFT long term is painful but... I just want this over :ols:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Doug Williams is a pretty okay dude. I hope he gets a long term appointment as the senior vice president of fan card authorization. Give him one of those As Seen on TV desks you can put across your lap, a rocking chair next to the artificial potted plant, one of those cool personalized pens with a flashlight attachment, and set him to work on putting his signature on those fan cards to hand out at home games. Dude's gonna be right in his element.

Edited by NickyJ

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If there is any optimism to take from Jay that would be in both interviews he mentioned that he’s heard that things have changed as for Dan now that Rivera is in charge. But will see.

Thats always been the case with Dan as long as things are going well enough.  Its really easy to stay on the sidelines when things are going well, but what about when trouble hits?  Then Dan changes his tune and starts to meddle.  Take one rough 3 game patch in the next season and Dan will be right back at it.  Its easy for Dan to say he wont meddle, but hes shown he does that time and time again but doesnt have the patience and stomach to actually do that.  Or not do that.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

It seems pretty obvious Rivera liked Smith but Snyder wants him out due to Allen ties. Likely to help him if this investigation requires people on staff to talk... probably wasn’t even a choice and Ron was okay with it because he got the Marts and liked Stokes. 

What do you make of the tweet SIP posted earlier? Both things possibly true?

From the Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/02/04/doug-williams-new-role/

Doug Williams, the Ring of Fame quarterback and longtime member of the Washington Football Team’s front office, has been appointed senior adviser to team president Jason Wright, it was announced Thursday. The role is Williams’s third in as many years and marks a shift from the personnel department to the business side of the team’s operations.

Click on the link for more

5 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Doug Williams is a pretty okay dude. I hope he gets a long term appointment as the senior vice president of fan card authorization. Give him one of those As Seen on TV desks you can put across your lap, a rocking chair next to the artificial potted plant, one of those cool personalized pens with a flashlight attachment, and set him to work on putting his signature on those fan cards to hand out at home games. Dude's gonna be right in his element.

You're obviously a milinial seeking a laugh. Smh

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Yes. I’m guessing Kyle was close to Bruce... given their roles. 

RR had years of previous experience with Rogers in Carolina.  Look him up on WFT front office on Google.  I believe it's a crock that RR didn't get along with Smith and the Bruce crap too.  I think RR went to someone who was older and he was more familiar with.  We all have our own opinions and will never really know.

21 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

You're obviously a milinial seeking a laugh. Smh

Fine, bump up the budget and give him a real potted plant.

Don't let him touch anything related to the roster or the coaches. Which really eliminates just about everything. He's a friendly face with a nice history. He's also a Bruce man who didn't get removed because he had too few skills to manipulate or be manipulated.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

RR had years of previous experience with Rogers in Carolina.  Look him up on WFT front office on Google.  I believe it's a crock that RR didn't get along with Smith and the Bruce crap too.  I think RR went to someone who was older and he was more familiar with.  We all have our own opinions and will never really know.

It can be both, just so you know. Which I alluded to in the post you quoted me on :ols:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It can be both, just so you know. Which I alluded to in the post you quoted me on :ols:

You said this:  Yes. I’m guessing Kyle was close to Bruce... given their roles.   Is that the same.  If I misinterpreted, my apologies. 

18 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Fine, bump up the budget and give him a real potted plant.

Don't let him touch anything related to the roster or the coaches. Which really eliminates just about everything. He's a friendly face with a nice history. He's also a Bruce man who didn't get removed because he had too few skills to manipulate or be manipulated.

Must be nice to make millions by being friendly. you broke ain't you?

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

You said this:  Yes. I’m guessing Kyle was close to Bruce... given their roles.   Is that the same.  If I misinterpreted, my apologies. 

You didn’t read context. Which is an issue when replying to things halfway through a conversation.

6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

From the Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/02/04/doug-williams-new-role/

Doug Williams, the Ring of Fame quarterback and longtime member of the Washington Football Team’s front office, has been appointed senior adviser to team president Jason Wright, it was announced Thursday. The role is Williams’s third in as many years and marks a shift from the personnel department to the business side of the team’s operations.

Click on the link for more

Listen you guys, I cannot tell you how happy I am that Doug seemingly has avoided being mixed up with all the disgusting things that have happened lately.  They wouldnt have made this appointment if he wasnt clean.

I love Doug Williams.  Absolutely love him.  I was seven years old after that Super Bowl was played.  His football card listed his hometown as Zachary, Louisana.  I sent a letter with his name and city, state, zip on the envelope and a month later received an autographed photo and a handwritten letter from him.  I was already a huge fan but Im convinced that gesture locked it in for life.  

Again, I just cant tell you how happy I am that he is apparently clean from the stench.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Must be nice to make millions by being friendly. you broke ain't you?

You must think that Snyder does a helluva job with all that money he makes. Maybe take a breather, you’re tiring yourself out in here.

Also, addressing a previous comment you made—I can’t believe how consistently this comes up with the demographics on this forum, but I’ve gotta remind you I guess: millennials are mostly in their 30’s, nearly 40 for many. They make up the vast majority of the active workforce. “Millennial” is not a code word for any young whippersnapper that you think doesn’t respect the old days enough, it is an actual defined term. 

Now stop licking boots and being offended for a literal multi-millionaire who doesn’t know you exist, and accept that not everybody is qualified for the position they hold in this world no matter how much money they make. Or at least accept that it’s okay for someone else to hold that opinion without you throwing a fit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4