Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

33 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I hear you, it's just getting real old opening up this thread and seeing utter nonsense like "Washington Wonder Women" and "Redskins peanuts". I get a joke here and there, but it's turning into unproductive chaos now.

I have to imagine maybe once it gets closer to being announced or something and there's actual news the joking will simmer down.. let Let Em get it out of there system now...#dcdiscodivas

51 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I originally requested this thread (it was fun for a while), but I think it's run it's course. Right now it's just a bunch of passive aggressive angry people throwing fits. 

Well, that's just my opinion, I respect the decision if you choose to keep it going :)

Nah let’s keep it going by keeping it on track. Bar should stay open until we get a new name.

56 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You know this is insufferable, right?

You know it all is...right? 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Another ramification to consider is how awkward the Cheerleaders' name will sound, or not...with the new team name.

How long do you think cheerleading squads have before they need to be removed as well?

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

@Jumbo 

I originally requested this thread (it was fun for a while), but I think it's run it's course. Right now it's just a bunch of passive aggressive angry people throwing fits. 

Well, that's just my opinion, I respect the decision if you choose to keep it going :)

i don't have to be asked twice on this one :) 

and it's not your fault (for a change) :P

attn: to all, do not go to the tailgate thread with your name suggestions cuz you'll get banned ;) 

• Jumbo locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic
5 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

Washington monuments sounds professional 

Doesn’t discriminate anybody fits in with the area

I like the gesture, but I'm not a fan, for a couple reasons.

The logo would look too much like the male anatomy, and therefore easily ridiculed.

And secondly, and this is just my opinion of course, but I believe it's significant - I'd like a name that correlates fairly well to the game of football, with at least a very loose connection.

In other words, a stationary object doesn't sound like a good descriptive word of how a football team operates. I can't see them saying "These Monuments are marching down the field"

I know I will be accused of over-thinking it. But I always got the impression that part of the appeal of a team name, is how you can at least loosely connect it with football activity.

Disappointed that it appears the fans' opinion doesn't matter. Instead of rewarding the very people who have supported the team during Little big man's horrid stretch by inviting us to "Name the Team," it looks like Snyder will chose it without our input.  Thanks to fans in other cities we have these winners from name the team contests:  Seahawks, Chargers, Raiders, Dolphins, Chiefs, Jaguars, Colts, Broncos, Falcons, and Ravens.

1 hour ago, redskin301 said:

Washington monuments sounds professional 

Might want to be careful with monuments. There would be controvery with whtat pwoplw perceive as monuments here.

24 minutes ago, celticsalmon said:

Disappointed that it appears the fans' opinion doesn't matter. Instead of rewarding the very people who have supported the team during Little big man's horrid stretch by inviting us to "Name the Team," it looks like Snyder will chose it without our input.  Thanks to fans in other cities we have these winners from name the team contests:  Seahawks, Chargers, Raiders, Dolphins, Chiefs, Jaguars, Colts, Broncos, Falcons, and Ravens.

Expecting Snyder to care about the fans was the first mistake

24 minutes ago, celticsalmon said:

We have to many haters. Eagles and Cowboys fans would gang up to pick the worst of the names...

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Another ramification to consider is how awkward the Cheerleaders' name will sound, or not...with the new team name.

Hogettes...does have been the real cheerleaders 

1 hour ago, redskin301 said:

This seems a bit presumptuous.

Have you even bothered to asked all the DC monuments how they feel about a sports team using it's name/image?

23 minutes ago, celticsalmon said:

Almost all of those teams were newly formed teams, though, without any history and definitely without any controversy surrounding their names. Chiefs and Ravens were established teams moving to new cities. None were in a situation even close to what the Redskins are dealing with. If there were fans suggestions, I personally would hate it if some nimrods suggested the "Scalpers" or "Savages" and we had to deal with that nonsense in addition to changing the name. It would be great if they whittled the name possibilities down to 2 or 3 and then let us vote, which they could still do...but in all honesty I don't think I'd care too much either way. The name that gets the most votes won't automatically be the new name, so as long as someone votes for "Warriors" or "Red Tails" or whatever names they are seriously considering now, they can say "Of all the fan suggestions, we thought this name worked the best."

Plus from what I can find, the Colts were named in honor of the region’s history of horse breeding--no idea if that was also a fan choice--and the name the fans chose for the Raiders' was the Oakland Señors lol...they changed it after getting ridiculed for it. Raiders was 3rd on the list.

Said elsewhere by... somebody... Washington F.C. (football club)

Sounds good, simple, and allows the team to modify it's logo now and in the future without forcing it to mesh with the team nickname.  The term club also carries with it a feeling of comraderie that the team needs to develop. 

Archived