Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I have never saw him worthy of a third so dropping the price still doesn't cut it. I think they settle for less and take it. I really just hope it isn't in DC. Give me Newman, Mills or Mond in the 3rd, maybe even Trask. Newman is still my guy

Mond only for me.  JMO.  :)

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I have never saw him worthy of a third so dropping the price still doesn't cut it. I think they settle for less and take it. I really just hope it isn't in DC. Give me Newman, Mills or Mond in the 3rd, maybe even Trask. Newman is still my guy

likewise, of the options Newman for me. Whats the probability that he will be there in the 4th/5th round?

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

likewise, of the options Newman for me. Whats the probability that he will be there in the 4th/5th round?

Unfortunately I think he goes in the 3rd. It would be awesome if we didn't use a pick on a QB until the 4th. Would love to fill LB, LT, TE and FS on day one and two.

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

See the source image

He finds your lack of faith... Disturbing.

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Unfortunately I think he goes in the 3rd. It would be awesome if we didn't use a pick on a QB until the 4th. Would love to fill LB, LT, TE and FS on day one and two.

same here, I think the WR we are targeting is round 4/5 range, which works. Could do with an extra day three pick. 

If Slater really ends up going #1 OT off the board, I’d be willing to give up some picks to move up for Sewell. I don’t know if he’d fall past the Cowboys at 10, so we’d need to get to 9 with Denver. But Denver might consider him as well, although they have Boles and idk if Sewell should be plugged in as a RT anywhere longterm. 

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

:rofl89:

Sorry, I have had a tough time with your boy Shane

I can see that. But I have no way to even slightly understand why anyone can watch Trask, Mond, Newman play and not put Buechele at least in the same league. Trask is... bad. 

Just now, KDawg said:

I can see that. But I have no way to even slightly understand why anyone can watch Trask, Mond, Newman play and not put Buechele at least in the same league. Trask is... bad. 

The one thing I can say about Shane is, if they liked him he could be had in a later round allowing us to fill those holes with all the early rounder picks.

I am higher on Newman because I see the tools and missing the year. Taking that into consideration with his not so good Senior Bowl.  I have never been big on Trask, especially when there was so much silly talk of him going in the first 2 rounds

Just now, DWinzit said:

The one thing I can say about Shane is, if they liked him he could be had in a later round allowing us to fill those holes with all the early rounder picks.

I am higher on Newman because I see the tools and missing the year. Taking that into consideration with his not so good Senior Bowl.  I have never been big on Trask, especially when there was so much silly talk of him going in the first 2 rounds

So, honest non memey post incoming:

If you are talking about ability to get through reads, Buechele is the best of that bunch of guys. And it's not really close.

Arm strength wise, Newman, Mills and Mond are the best of the group.

Accuracy wise short accuracy you have to consider Trask as being pretty accurate on the short stuff. All in all, though it's pretty close among them. Though Newman has really poor accuracy because he's not great at reading the field. 

Athlete wise: Newman, Mond and then Buechele, Mills... And then Trask. 

I can see why someone would say Mond is the best of the bunch. Mills has the traits, so I'll buy that, too. Newman and Trask I can't see even the slightest.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So, honest non memey post incoming:

If you are talking about ability to get through reads, Buechele is the best of that bunch of guys. And it's not really close.

Arm strength wise, Newman, Mills and Mond are the best of the group.

Accuracy wise short accuracy you have to consider Trask as being pretty accurate on the short stuff. All in all, though it's pretty close among them. Though Newman has really poor accuracy because he's not great at reading the field. 

Athlete wise: Newman, Mond and then Buechele, Mills... And then Trask. 

I can see why someone would say Mond is the best of the bunch. Mills has the traits, so I'll buy that, too. Newman and Trask I can't see even the slightest.

I watched Mond play 3 or 4 times this year. I found him frustrating with inconsistency with all his experience. I can't seem to get by that. 

When it comes to Newman he has shown all the tools and missed the year. He would be coming into DC expecting to sit for year behind Fitz and Heinicke. Perfect opportunity.. to learn. I see the possibilities as more tangible in 2022 than Mond.

With Mills I kind of feel the same as Newman, not a lot of experience but has tools and will sit a year if that's what they want

I would be good with Shane in lets say the 6th. I have a feeling WFT ends out with at least one extra late round pick. I more going with the 3rd round options because that is what outlets seem to be saying WFT is interesting in taking a QB.

I would absolutely prefer Mills or Newman over Trask. Trask has no upside at all. What you see is what he will always be. Newman intrigues me the most out of the second tier of QB's. He has the potential to be a very good starting QB. Not elite. But damn good. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Nagy is pretty plugged in, doesn't make this gospel but I take him seriously

Mike Renner from PFF the other day on The Junkies said the same thing about Mills.  He doesn't believe he makes it out of the 2nd either so there's some building concensus there.

Mond is the best athlete in that group probably with the highest upside.  He might also be the furthest from being ready to start.  I am ok with Mond or Stills to back up Fitz for a year (give or take).  Mond and Stills both have shown they can make all the throws and both have shown some poor decision making and some bad throws.  I’m leaning towards Mond, love to get him in the third. (McShay has us taking Mond in round 2 in his latest Mock.)

39 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Mike Renner from PFF the other day on The Junkies said the same thing about Mills.  He doesn't believe he makes it out of the 2nd either so there's some building concensus there.

I have to watch him more.  My initial impression is decent arm strength but not great, decent accuracy but some odd misses and bad decisions -- his mobility is OK.   Nothing jumps at me about him.  I'd take him over Trask and some of the other 2nd tier QBs but I am not excited about him.    I watched a few of his interviews, comes off boring without much personality but also comes off smart which I'd expect him to be coming from Stanford.

I'd go Mond over him because of greater upside but I don't love him either.

Really curious to see how this plays out. Scheffer also says 49ers really like Jones and that he wouldn't be shocked if they draft him but that they like Lance and Fields as well. 

https://www.knbr.com/2021/03/30/adam-schefter-explains-what-he-thinks-49ers-do-with-third-overall-pick-jimmy-garoppolo/

This is also interesting. Allbright is pretty plugged in and doesn't make stuff up from my memory. He isn't really saying definitive things in those two tweets. But it's interesting that the teams seem to not have a lot of consensus on players who are considered the top options at their positions by many fans and media outlets.

12 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Mond is the best athlete in that group probably with the highest upside.  He might also be the furthest from being ready to start.  I am ok with Mond or Stills to back up Fitz for a year (give or take).  Mond and Stills both have shown they can make all the throws and both have shown some poor decision making and some bad throws.  I’m leaning towards Mond, love to get him in the third. (McShay has us taking Mond in round 2 in his latest Mock.)

Don't necessarily agree about Mond being the furthest from being ready to start. Personally I'd say that's Newman. IMO Mond is actually relatively polished, especially when it comes to mechanics (though I actually think his mechanics are a bit too polished at times...he can be a little robotic with his throwing motion), but he can be inconsistent with his accuracy. I think he has top traits though. He can make some crazy off-platform throws and also seems to be able to throw with really good anticipation. J.T. O'Sullivan has done at least 3 breakdowns of him on youtube and seems to like him.

I'm meh on Mills. Only starting 10 games is concerning to me, but I wouldn't necessarily mind him as a mid rounder. Wouldn't spend a 2nd on him. Mentioned this before but he reminds me of Daniel Jones. Some beautiful throws with a good number of big misses and complete WTF moments mixed in. 

Trask is completely unappealing to me. I agree with @Skinsinparadiseon him...he's decent at multiple things but special at none. I think his ceiling is a backup in the NFL.

Newman has great tools but is super raw. I'd be ok with him as more of a mid-rounder but probably not a 2nd.

I like Shane Buechele. I'd take him over Trask or Mills but not before Mond.

8 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Really curious to see how this plays out. Scheffer also says 49ers really like Jones and that he wouldn't be shocked if they draft him but that they like Lance and Fields as well. 

https://www.knbr.com/2021/03/30/adam-schefter-explains-what-he-thinks-49ers-do-with-third-overall-pick-jimmy-garoppolo/

This is also interesting. Allbright is pretty plugged in and doesn't make stuff up from my memory. He isn't really saying definitive things in those two tweets. But it's interesting that the teams seem to not have a lot of consensus on players who are considered the top options at their positions by many fans and media outlets.

Slater has little arms. Sewell is easy OT1 and possibly player 1. 

I like Jones more than most, but he's not going 3.

I dislike Fields more than most and find that funny.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Sewell falling is crazy to me. Guy was the best OL in the nation as what a freshman or sophomore? Must be prospect fatigue. I can't imagine him falling past 5 or 6.

Yeah, no chance. He's the best player in the draft. Pitts and maybe Chase are the closest to challenge that.

I was one of the first people to "hate" on Fields and had Wilson above him from like the very beginning, but even I'm surprised so many others feel the same. Someone will fall in love with him and take him though, or he could fall and be this year's Rodgers/Jackson who surprisingly fall to a good team and become a star.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Sewell falling is crazy to me. Guy was the best OL in the nation as what a freshman or sophomore? Must be prospect fatigue. I can't imagine him falling past 5 or 6.

Pre-Draft overthinking syndrome. It's classic around this time of year.

Same with all the Fields stuff. It's crazy.

Again, Russini this morning ACTUALLY SAID... "He holds the ball a little after his first read".

Maybe that's not what she meant... But that comes across as very agenda driven drivel.  What's he supposed to do after his first read? Drop the ball? If she meant simply, "he holds the ball a bit long after he progresses through his reads" I'd understand the sentiment even though that's true of basically every QB prospect ever. 

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Slater has little arms. Sewell is easy OT1 and possibly player 1. 

I like Jones more than most, but he's not going 3.

I dislike Fields more than most and find that funny.

Yeah, no chance. He's the best player in the draft. Pitts and maybe Chase are the closest to challenge that.

Sewell is very likely overall #1 in my opinion. The fact that he didn't play this year has made people forget. Slater is excellent, though.

Archived