Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

51 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just did what I THOUGHT was a pretty realistic mock draft, and it sucks for us haha.

1. Jags - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. 49ers - Fields

4. Falcons - Pitts

5. Bengals - Sewell

6. Dolphins - Chase

7. *NE - Lance

8. Panthers - Mac Jones

9. Denver - Slater

10. *Colts - Darrisaw

11. Giants - Waddle

12. Eagles - Smith

13. Chargers - Vera-Tucker

14. Vikings - Phillips

15. Lions - Parsons

16. Cards - Surtain

17. Raidahs - JOK

18. Dolphins - Paye

19. ________

Guess you go BPA there and take Farley, which would be a huge long-term boost to our secondary. And probably the smart move, albeit unecessary and not an immediate *need* ... I guess it doesn't "Suck" but I have gotten to a point where anyone but Darrisaw at #19 isn't a great BPA + Fit.

And the problem is, there isn't an obvious option at #19 that others might want to trade up for. Trading down is an easy concept in theory, not in reality.

Not sure why you think that’s bad for us. Zaven is there. 

As is Najee.

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Agree completely. They should have broken down more of what they were seeing from Trask. Pitts is a known commodity. I will say again that I though Trask looked really good over the middle of the field. Thought he looked uncomfortable throwing on the run. Especially rolling left. 

I can't recall a QB in a pro day that struggles with 10-20 yard crossers with no pressure -- just pitch and catch.  They should nail those type of throws IMO.  So i wasn't really moved by it.   But he didn't blow those throws either so that's good. 

I am not at the extreme of some who said yesterday pro days are worthless and mean nothing.  but I agree with part of the point that was made which is wearing shorts with no pressure doesn't really mimic games.  So for me I look for freakish throws and arm strength.  I didn't really see any of them from Trask but I didn't really expect to because IMO he doesn't have freakish talent.  

He threw some corner routes that were good -- the receivers had to adjust some to the ball.  He didn't throw many deep balls but I recall two of them the receivers had to wait for the ball versus the ball being thrown ahead of them for the catch which we saw in Fields' and Jones' workout.  I don't fault him for that -- at least he connected with them. 

This is just my meandering way of saying his pro day didn't move me one way or another.  I don't feel better about him.  I don't feel worse.   

As a flier in the 3rd round or later, I don't hate him, don't love him.  If i had to guess it right now, i'd say he ends up an NFL backup.  I slightly prefer Davis Mills over him.  

Honestly it’s not even fair that the Niners somewhat fresh off a Super Bowl appearance are going to get Fields, he might have a better deep ball than Lawrence. I was just torturing myself watching YouTube videos of him ugh 

Jamin Davis is a freak of nature, he's been compared to Darius Leonard. The dude also obviously lives in the gym, he's getting closer to Zaven Collins for me as a prospect. I can't wait to see what Zaven times at and his numbers, but in the meantime, here's a shirtless photo of Jamin Davis. 

407bbe1e5e1bf4e88d2e9a1ca7f78128.jpg

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ian Book.  If I recall @Koolblue13 likes.  I wouldn't hate it if they took him in the 4th-5th.

He ran a 4.59 today.  He plays some like Heinicke.  Off script-scrambling.  Plays with moxie.  I don't love him but as a flier in the mid rounds, I'd get it. 

I'm pretty indifferent on all the QBs in general. 

16 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just did what I THOUGHT was a pretty realistic mock draft, and it sucks for us haha.

1. Jags - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. 49ers - Fields

4. Falcons - Pitts

5. Bengals - Sewell

6. Dolphins - Chase

7. *NE - Lance

8. Panthers - Mac Jones

9. Denver - Slater

10. *Colts - Darrisaw

11. Giants - Waddle

12. Eagles - Smith

13. Chargers - Vera-Tucker

14. Vikings - Phillips

15. Lions - Parsons

16. Cards - Surtain

17. Raidahs - JOK

18. Dolphins - Paye

19. ________

Guess you go BPA there and take Farley, which would be a huge long-term boost to our secondary. And probably the smart move, albeit unecessary and not an immediate *need* ... I guess it doesn't "Suck" but I have gotten to a point where anyone but Darrisaw at #19 isn't a great BPA + Fit.

And the problem is, there isn't an obvious option at #19 that others might want to trade up for. Trading down is an easy concept in theory, not in reality.

Probably would come down to how they view Zaven Collins vs Cosmi and Farley’s health. If our doctors think Farley has no health concerns going forward I’d probably pick him, he’s a potential 1CB stud.

I love Zaven too. Cosmi worries me a little but I’d be ok with it. 

Parsons is probably my least favorite "fit" for the defense out of the top 4LBers for me (Parsons, JOK, Collins, Davis). He's more of a guy that is going to make an impact in the run game and get a lot of TFLs. He's more similar to Holcomb playstyle-wise than the other 3. 

Collins, JOK, and Davis seem like great fits and perfect compliments to the defense. We need guys that can move and operate well in space. That's a concern that I have with Parsons in this defense.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Parsons is probably my least favorite "fit" for the defense out of the top 4LBers for me (Parsons, JOK, Collins, Davis). He's more of a guy that is going to make an impact in the run game and get a lot of TFLs. He's more similar to Holcomb playstyle-wise than the other 3. 

Collins, JOK, and Davis seem like great fits and perfect compliments to the defense. We need guys that can move and operate well in space. That's a concern that I have with Parsons in this defense.

what’s encouraging is that the quality at LB is there with depth it would seem, got to think if we were wanting one at #19, then it’s more than likely we can sit at that spot and take one. 

or even if the choice firstly is LT, with LB next, then things still look nicely set for us.

32 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

what’s encouraging is that the quality at LB is there with depth it would seem, got to think if we were wanting one at #19, then it’s more than likely we can sit at that spot and take one. 

or even if the choice firstly is LT, with LB next, then things still look nicely set for us.

I think the top 4 I mentioned are all 1st round quality off-ball LBers. The traits and production are all there, it will be exciting to see what JDR and Rivera can do with them. They're essentially moldable clay at this point for the team. 

25 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I like Collins/Davis for the WFT. 

Parsons does fit this defense, but I'm thinking no chance he's here. 

I'm not worried about a LBs ability to blitz/pass rush. We get plenty of pass rush from our front four. The traits I want are sideline to sideline mobility and ability to cover man to man(I think the addition of William Jackson signals that we're gonna try to play a lot more straight man this year).

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not worried about a LBs ability to blitz/pass rush. We get plenty of pass rush from our front four. The traits I want are sideline to sideline mobility and ability to cover man to man(I think the addition of William Jackson signals that we're gonna try to play a lot more straight man this year).

You and I agree here completely, sir. 

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This. I expect a lot more cover zero and one this year. God help opposing QB's. :)

In the context of Eichenberg’s and AVT’s short arms (Slater 33, so borderline but ok), I got curious and started googling arm length for NFL OTs. It’s really interesting that it’s pretty hard to find any recent examples of guys with 32 inch arms being successful. Guys like Joe Thomas, Jason Peters, Ryan Ramczak, etc are shown as short arm examples but they are all over 33. Joe Thomas is just a hair under 34. I’d love to find recent examples of successful NFL OTs with 32 inch arms. 

I’d be playing the numbers and not drafting short armed OTs unless I also have a plan/need for them at OG.

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Coverage ability is certainly important. I think the board could also push a top CB to us and I I’d rather have an awesome top 3 CB’s with lesser LB play. Imagine playing 3 great CB’s behind this DL.

In terms of the linebackers, while I do want them to be able to cover. I’d love two add 2 LB’s that are also studs against the run. For having so much DT talent, teams tend to be able to run on us. I’m sure part of that is scheme. But, if we could consistently stone the run, and make teams one dimensional, they’d be forced to try to pass more, playing right into the hands of our pass rush. 

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Jamin Davis is a freak of nature, he's been compared to Darius Leonard. The dude also obviously lives in the gym, he's getting closer to Zaven Collins for me as a prospect. I can't wait to see what Zaven times at and his numbers, but in the meantime, here's a shirtless photo of Jamin Davis. 

407bbe1e5e1bf4e88d2e9a1ca7f78128.jpg

jamin is making a dash up everyone’s boards looks like. My only concern w/ him is he’s only started 11 games. So he’s an infant in terms of diagnosis of plays and experience. May take him some time. Which is totally fine as long as we stay patient and give him a chance to acclimate. That’s why the talk of him so early in the draft gives me a slight Pause. 

I don’t expect Zaven’s times to be amazing. Speed isn’t really his forte, but I do want to see at least something you can work with. 

Did JD work out today? What were his times? Haven’t had a chance to look. 

5 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

jamin is making a dash up everyone’s boards looks like. My only concern w/ him is he’s only started 11 games. So he’s an infant in terms of diagnosis of plays and experience. May take him some time. Which is totally fine as long as we stay patient and give him a chance to acclimate. That’s why the talk of him so early in the draft gives me a slight Pause. 

I don’t expect Zaven’s times to be amazing. Speed isn’t really his forte, but I do want to see at least something you can work with. 

Did JD work out today? What were his times? Haven’t had a chance to look. 

Archived