Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Agree but what is interesting to me is who they will draft as their franchise QB.  Keim speculates 2nd round.  Maybe it's the first round.  Not too impressed with Trask or Mills with a 2nd or 3rd for that matter.

Keim has said multiple times, not the 2nd round but third.  The other day he hedged his bets and said it could happen any round. 

He said it was his own guess that it could be Trask and believes its some target of some QB.  Maybe Keim is telling the truth on that being his own guess versus something he heard considering Standig flat out said he heard they have interest in Mills. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kyle Trask's numbers below.   Jones ran a 4.68.  Trask ran a 5.10.    Sounds about right.  I am with Chris Sims who said while neither is mobile -- Jones is distinctly the better athlete and can move more than Trask.

Trask's speed I think would make him the slowest QB among the starters in the league aside from Brady unless i am forgetting one?

5.10, see, he is a statue.

Sims' Trask love was pretty hilarious. 

To me there is no QB worth taking in the second round, I don't get the second round discussions. There are 5 first rounders and 4 that are 3rd or 4th rounders followed a group of lesser round guys.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim has said multiple times, not the 2nd round but third.  The other day he hedged his bets and said it could happen any round. 

He said it was his own guess that it could be Trask and believes its some target of some QB.  Maybe Keim is telling the truth on that being his own guess versus something he heard considering Standig flat out said he heard they have interest in Mills. 

I'd rather have Darnold than Trask. And that is saying something.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He said it was his own guess that it could be Trask and believes its some target.  Maybe Keim is telling the truth on that being his own guess versus something he heard considering Standig flat out said he heard they have interest in Mills. 

Guessing game right now with these pundits, right?

I'd add I don't love Mills but I'd take him over Trask because of IMO greater upside.  If I am going for a QB in the later rounds, I'd focus some on upside.  Not that Mills strikes me as having enormous upside.  But IMO he does have the more live arm and more mobility than Trask even though I don't think he's special on either front. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add I don't love Mills but I'd take him over Trask because of IMO greater upside.  If I am going for a QB in the later rounds, I'd focus some on upside.  Not that Mills strikes me has having enormous upside.  But IMO he does have the more live arm and more mobility than Trask even though I don't think he's special on either front. 

Still... people over look the Buech (pronounced Buick in this case).

If I'm the Team I'm probably not drafting a QB in this draft unless someone they like falls to the 3rd. And I mean REALLY like. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add I don't love Mills but I'd take him over Trask because of IMO greater upside.  If I am going for a QB in the later rounds, I'd focus some on upside.  Not that Mills strikes me has having enormous upside.  But IMO he does have the more live arm and more mobility than Trask even though I don't think he's special on either front. 

After the 5 (this includes Jones) I clearly would take Mond.  MPO.  

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If I'm the Team I'm probably not drafting a QB in this draft unless someone they like falls to the 3rd. And I mean REALLY like. 

Guessing they will and need to trade up and get one of the 5 QBs projected in the 1st round.  Ammo consisting of next year's 1st, this years 3rd, not both and possibly next year's 2nd too.  Guessing.

Just now, KDawg said:

Last year on the boundary. But he is excellent in the slot. Moreland got the majority of the slot reps.

Yeah everything you read implies he’s very good at slot corner. Should have put this in the FA thread, Nelson still available as a great outside corner option, move Fuller back in.

We appear to be looking at DBs in the draft , can’t say I have much faith in the group aside from Fuller and now Jackson. Got lucky somewhat last year, Darby played almost every snap, or 98% or something close. 

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Guessing game right now with these pundits, right?

Yeah and it could be a smoke screen for whatever reason.  Kyle strikes me as enjoying the attention among other things.  I'll just say that they got my confused.  So I am not betting right now on their target including ruling out Mac.  So I am backtracking from my initial impression.  So if Kyle wants to have some mystery, its worked on me.  :ols:

If I had to bet today, I'd bet on Lance but I am not ruling anything out.

I am beginning to get a pit in my stomach that WFT ends out with Darnold for a combo of picks or swaps that leaves the team with the same amount of picks. 

I am not a fan of this. Would rather they take a shot with one of the 3rd round options

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Fuller is a starting CB on the outside and misused at slot and especially FS.

I was coming the opposite way, trying to establish if he is really being misused more outside. Not that it matters to the raging QB debate :rofl89:

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That's how I feel, I'd just skip it.  But I decided i am not losing sleep on any dude they take in the third or later.  I'd be slightly bothered by the third round -- much rather do it in the 4th or later.  But if it were me i'd skip it.   I am fine with your guy at QB in the later rounds. 

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I am beginning to get a pit in my stomach that WFT ends out with Darnold for a combo of picks or swaps that leaves the team with the same amount of picks. 

I am not a fan of this. Would rather they take a shot with one of the 3rd round options

If it happens today, put it down to an April fool and keep your fingers crossed it has all gone away by tomorrow....

However, I haven’t discounted us getting Darnold, said that several times. 

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Thought about this but I think the love for Darnold has been generated by the NY Post and NY media by things said by team personnel, Jet personnel that is trying to hype him up.  Just can't see our FO being interested in Darnold.  My guess.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

If it happens today, put it down to an April fool and keep your fingers crossed it has all gone away by tomorrow....

I hope this stuff doesn't happen. It get old as I get older.  LOL.  

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Doubt it for a number of reasons:

A.  Breer flat out said he didn't think our interest in Darnold was ever much and said in one of his columns that they had concerns about Darnold from watching his tape

B.  Russini who used to cover this team when asked about Darnold was told by her sources at the WFT she is wasting her time barking up that tree

C. It was either Breer or another reporter I am forgetting who said in an interview once they lost out on Stafford some in the building said lets go get Fitz.  

D. Darnold's 5th year extension is up next year so you'd have to really bench Fitzpatrick from day 1 because you aren't likely trading for Darnold and then judging whether you want to pay him 20 million plus the next year by just watching him run the scout team from the bench

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Thought about this but I think the love for Darnold has been generated by the NY Post and NY media by things said by team personnel, Jet personnel that is trying to hype him up.  Just can't see our FO being interested in Darnold.  My guess.

HOpe you are both right. This is the first time I have had this feeling in my gut. Maybe a good poop will relieve this horrible feeling 🤣

16 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

5.10, see, he is a statue.

Sims' Trask love was pretty hilarious. 

To me there is no QB worth taking in the second round, I don't get the second round discussions. There are 5 first rounders and 4 that are 3rd or 4th rounders followed a group of lesser round guys.

Sims doesn't love Trask.  He was actually beyond brutal on Trask when he did his takes.  

I have a theory that the Jets and 49ers get into bed together over their QB situations. Not literally of course.

The 49ers want their guy at #3 so could do with knowing what the Jets are up to. There is also no chance that they pay Jimmy G best end of 25mil as a placeholder. Jets want rid of Darnold.

Jets and 49ers share inside info on the draft

49ers throw them a bone and trade a pick for Darnold

49ers then recoup that pick, or similar, and save 20mil plus by sending Jimmy to NE

Jets then pick up a vet for depth backup.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add even Sheehan who seemed excited today to read that the Jets price tag for Darnold might be dropping -- as he goes it's gone from a first, then to a 2nd, now it might be a third and he goes he'd make a trade like that but he doesn't think the WFT would do it. 

I have never saw him worthy of a third so dropping the price still doesn't cut it. I think they settle for less and take it. I really just hope it isn't in DC. Give me Newman, Mills or Mond in the 3rd, maybe even Trask. Newman is still my guy

Archived