Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ever since you posted the story about how humble he is and what a great teammate he is I have been rooting very hard for this guy to end up on our team. I just love players like that, it's also why I loved Alfred Morris so much. I also watched a little bit of tape on him and I think he would be a nice addition for our game. TD machine, tall but with the speed to threaten deep and some really nice route running.

Think I've seen him mocked to the Ravens in round 1 a lot. There are most likely better players available when we pick but if he somehow makes it to our second round pick, I'd be thrilled to get him. That WR corps would be awesome.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't want to pile on you, I think your take that he is overrated is valid.  I really like him, but I do share your concerns about how wild and undisciplined he plays.  It's a double-edged sword, and it can lead to problems, especially if your offense is as bad as ours is.  But I think the his energy and leadership and playmaking rewards are worth the risk.

Which defensive players would you have graded above him?

I wouldn't have Parsons on my board, so for me it would be:

- Surtain

- Horn

And then I'm on the fence about Newsome and Stokes.  I wouldn't put any of the DLs over him for our team, but would understand if other teams did.

He wouldn't be BPA for me over the RBs or the OTs and Bateman, but he's near the top of the list of defensive players for me.

Defensively? Zaven. Horn. Maybe Farley based on health. Surtain. 

Jamin a notch below. 

The defensive class is overall not all that fantastic up front but it has depth.

Offensively? Harris, Sewell, Darrisaw, Slater, Waddle, Smith, Chase, Fields, Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Pitts, MAYBE AVT.

Also: not worried about piling on. I’ve had different opinions and been right before. And wrong. Best I can do is make an informed opinion and believe in it. 

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This isn’t high school where you have to adjust year to year. If they have his skill set grades above other guys then yes, take him. If they don’t, though, why take him? He is a luxury pick and in my opinion a touch overrated. It’s just my opinion, of course. I’ve been wrong and will be again.

i just don’t see the value at 19 for him for THIS team. 

Having said that, if a scenario like one posted a few days ago occurs and hes on the board and a lot of the other preferred targets are gone and it’s him vs, say, Moehrig? I’d take him.

Agree, I think he more than likely would be a luxury pick at #19 in most scenarios. He probably goes to NE or LV anyway and doesn’t make it that far :ols:

What do people think of the other corner, Newsome?  He's now almost always talked about in the 1st round.  Especially with people worries about Farley's medicals.

Tried watching some cutups, and he simply was not really challenged.  Ball often wasn't to his side so he wasn't on the screen much.

I'm left back where I started before watching those, just don't know enough to say anything.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:59 PM, BayouBrave86 said:

LSU alum here. Terrace is going to be an absolute stud at the next level. He's a freak. He got injured last year for 20% of the season with a broken foot , but came back and dominated and still had 13 TD's in 12 games. If he plays a full season, he might've had 17-18. He's that good. He was phenomenal this year with Myles at QB and then had two freshman QB's throwing to him for the rest of the year. Had 10 TD's in 7 games. He went off for 230+ yards against Missouri too. I wasn't a big fan of the opt out and though it was a little weak on his part after supposedly giving a heartfelt speech to the team about not quitting and fighting through the end. He would be the perfect compliment to McLaurin. I was hoping we could snag him in the 2nd round and we still might be able to, but I fear his combine numbers are going to propel him into the first round. He's definitely worthy of a first round grade though. 

Welp, he just ran himself into the 1st round.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

His freakish pro day numbers which I expected just about guarantees he doesn't land in the NFC East so at least there is that

This is my fear. One of them goes to Dallas. 

Though as long as we come out with one of the big three ILBs I’ll be satiated. 

Davis and Collins at #10 would be pretty crazy. Presumably, it would push someone down to us that we otherwise wouldn't expect. Probably some smoke on that one tbh.

I keep salivating over Pitts, wishing we had a chance to pick him. He's a unicorn, and as long as he doesn't land in the NFC East I will be okay with it. Let's hope the Bengals or Dolphins take him at 5/6 if the Falcons pass at 4.

I would also kill for Travis Kelce or George Kittle. And those guys were 3rd and 5th round picks respectively. If we draft smart, we can get some steals here and there. And TE in the TOp 5 is nuts, but if anyone is worth it it is probably Pitts.

I feel like Zaven Collins is a much better fit for the current D that del Rio is building. 

i was on the JOK wagon early, but ZC seems like a much lower risk and much more ideal pick. 

ZC to the cowboys?  Ewwww i hope that doesnt happen...

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am much higher on Collins than Davis. Jamin struggles with diagnosing much more than Collins does. He also takes bad angles more. Collins is a much more polished player on all levels IMO. Especially getting off of blocks and diagnosing plays. 

Hey! Dallas could be reading this.

I actually think Chazz Surratt is a stud. Dude would instantly make Dallas better. At pick 10

Archived