Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Turf toe is a B. He could be out the rest of the season. Sucks but it is what it is.

I've heard a lot of people guessing turf toe but I haven't seen it as anything but a rumor so far.

Have you seen any reports that confirm this rumor?

No news ain't always good news.

Good news can’t wait to be transmitted to the masses. Bad news otoh is all about a controlled reluctant release pattern. It’s the end of the business day and afaik nothing has leaked out about the severity of Gibson’s injury not even a juicy tidbit from Schefter.

Me thinks we need to brace for impact.

• Like 1

Healthline's Turf Toe: Grading & Recovery Time

You’ll usually recover from a grade 1 injury in a few days to a week.

Grade 2 injuries usually take a few weeks to fully heal. You may not be allowed to play sports or do any exercise after a grade 2 injury for two or more weeks.

Grade 3 injuries can take months to heal. You may need to wear a cast for six or more weeks and have several follow-up appointments before your doctor allows you to play sports or exercise again.

In rare cases, turf toe can cause long-term stiffness, damage, or decreased ability to run or jump using the injured foot if it happens repeatedly or isn’t treated properly or quickly.

Minor turf toe injuries can be treated at home and won’t keep you from physical activities for very long. More serious turf toe may take a month or more to heal, but won’t have any serious long-term damage if you take care of your toe during the healing process.

Translation, if he is seen in a walking boot it's not Level 1 and he'll miss multiple games.  They will complete an MRI and know the extent of the damage. Worst case is 1 month absence.  Best case is missing 1 game. 

• Thanks 3

I was originally in the bandwagon of signing a Lamar Miller or Alex Collins off the Bears and Seahawks practice squads but I am excited to see Javon Leake if he comes off the COVID list. I'm not a Maryland fan so I didn't know much about him, but reading about him, he was a beast of a return man in college, runs with good vision as a back and has big play ability (look at his YPC). The pitfalls with him are pass pro and he fumbles the ball at times.

I think he was one of those guys who went undrafted because of the weird draft season we had. He ran a poor 40 at the combine and was likely going to redeem himself at his Pro Day but didn't have the chance to when it was called off

3 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Healthline's Turf Toe: Grading & Recovery Time

You’ll usually recover from a grade 1 injury in a few days to a week.

Grade 2 injuries usually take a few weeks to fully heal. You may not be allowed to play sports or do any exercise after a grade 2 injury for two or more weeks.

Grade 3 injuries can take months to heal. You may need to wear a cast for six or more weeks and have several follow-up appointments before your doctor allows you to play sports or exercise again.

In rare cases, turf toe can cause long-term stiffness, damage, or decreased ability to run or jump using the injured foot if it happens repeatedly or isn’t treated properly or quickly.

Minor turf toe injuries can be treated at home and won’t keep you from physical activities for very long. More serious turf toe may take a month or more to heal, but won’t have any serious long-term damage if you take care of your toe during the healing process.

Translation, if he is seen in a walking boot it's not Level 1 and he'll miss multiple games.  They will complete an MRI and know the extent of the damage. Worst case is 1 month absence.  Best case is missing 1 game. 

Fingers crossed. We need him.