Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I can't believe Utah is outpacing Virginia.

Challenge ****ing accepted, Mormons.  

What about Kentucky?  Only 50?  You'd think they all have to be perpetually drunk to vote for McConnell, or just to ease the pain of living in Kentucky.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, China said:

What about Kentucky?  Only 50?  You'd think they all have to be perpetually drunk to vote for McConnell, or just to ease the pain of living in Kentucky.

I believe that Kentucky is largely a dry state, even though they make the best bourbon.  

Edit:  Confirmed (sort of).

Of Kentucky's 120 counties, 39 are dry, 32 are wet and 49 are moist or dry with special circumstances, such as sales at a winery in otherwise dry Carter County.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article44371632.html

Moist means "having a wet city in a dry county."

Edited by PleaseBlitz

45 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

New Mexico leading the way with 444 hours. I'd be drunk too if the only reason people remember my state is because they can make jokes about how drunk we are.

I contributed to that.  Happy to bolster New Mexico's numbers any time I can.  South Dakota beat us tho and they're generally best forgotten.

Edited by KAOSkins

This is my 3rd day back at work and I have to say that I actually like it and feel good being back at work.  Next week is my off week and then I will be back the following week, so we're doing one week on one week off.

And I was called back in to help get my project transitioned to be able to work remotely.  So once my work is done, my "on" week will be from home.  It sounds like even once we can work from home we're still doing one week on one week off.  

It's also pretty empty here.  I sit in a pod that is like 20x20 feet and usually like 4-5 people sitting in it, but I'm the only one here.  Then the pod right next to me has 1 person and the pod across from me has 1 person.  The other 2 pods near me have 1 person and no people in them so it's super empty on my floor here.  I haven't been in the kitchen area once when someone else was around. 

I don't wear a mask at my desk since it's just me here in the pod.  When getting up from your desk you have to wear your mask everywhere until you are at your car.  When walking around the floor to the bathroom and stuff you have to wear your mask.  I've been wearing it when I had to talk to the person in the pod next to me even though we're like 10ft apart, just for comfort reasons.  

It's been a lot more comfortable in this scenario than I expected it to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

I contributed to that.  Happy to bolster New Mexico's numbers any time I can.  South Dakota beat us tho and they're generally best forgotten.

Case in point, I read the list and somehow didn't notice them.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, China said:

This is what happens when you have too much time on your hands...

I'm gonna call fake on that one.  I bet they sent one car down each track and then spliced it all together.  The third key on the right (white key) looks to be an a superposition of both still and swaying and some artifacts from the black key to the right of it cuts in now and again.  Meanwhile, other keys that are getting hit by cars going down the track come to a complete stop immediately after they return to their rest position with no over-swing.

35 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I want to be productive today and do some much-needed weeding and lawn care BUT I also don’t want to be found dead from heatstroke.

Decisions, decisions...

There are probably some folks who in need of a paycheck that could take care of that for you.

Quarantine has been rough lately. 

Right now I'm going through what I'd call an information detox. I've been dealing with a ton of anxiety since my wife's trip to see her family and had several panic attacks over a couple weeks and now I'm having this derealization hangover of sorts where I'm just really checked out of everything.

I've learned to not get angry at myself for experiencing derealization because it's my brain's way of saying that I'm doing too much and need to pull back. So yeah, I haven't checked the numbers in a couple days, trying to stay off social media as much as I can. Mostly listening to music, doing chores, minding my own business.

Mainly I'm just trying to have a little bit of fun being alive, you know? It can be easy to forget how important that is when **** is consistently dull, repetitive or bad. I have a bad habit of idly taking in information throughout the day, most of it negative, just reading on my phone all day long. You don't realize how quickly that **** piles up in your psyche if you don't balance it out with anything.

The other thing is, like, I can't find work. Teachers are being let go, not hired, and there's no plan for extending unemployment. The majority of congress is willing to let us all die. So I have a choice. I can spend my days spamming applications and getting resentful when I don't hear back, or I can take a realistic perspective and make the most of what's in front of me. I can panic about economic fallout or I can be patient.

The reality is that the vast majority of us got robbed. This year got stolen from us. Some of us lost family members. Most of us lost money, or momentum. We should be pissed off and depressed. But with the situation not getting better any time soon, the question becomes how to manage the time we've got. I don't have the answer to that, but I know that it doesn't involve spending all day long reading about the world going to **** and hating myself.

Take care of yourselves, everyone. No one else will do it for you. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Got my first haircut by a barber shop since February. I was SUPER nervous, just on account of the close space. Once the man started cutting my hair, I got happy and started smiling under my mask. They’re a family owned business close to my house

and they do a great job every time so I tipped the barber more than double what the bill was.

Now I look fly.

• Like 2

Going tomorrow morning to print out my tax forms. Because I earned $1200 from a one time consulting gig, I owe $169.55 in self employment tax. Otherwise I don't owe anything on Social Security. Thank goodness I live in Texas and don't have to pay state income tax. 

I will wear my mask, and also go to the USPS to mail it. 

• Like 1