Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Just played through the Desperados III demo on Steam.  It was really cool.  The graphics, voices, and music were great and I love the strategic gameplay so far.  I think I'm going to check out Shadow Tactics now since I saw a lot of people bring it up in reviews for Desperados. 

Edited by visionary

Well, we are daring to go on vacation this summer.  A week at a cabin near The Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  We can still stay away from people in our cabin, and hike out in the great outdoors.  Looking forward to being out of the house for an extended period.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, China said:

Well, we are daring to go on vacation this summer.  A week at a cabin near The Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  We can still stay away from people in our cabin, and hike out in the great outdoors.  Looking forward to being out of the house for an extended period.

Reminds me of this recent classic twitter thread:

Edited by visionary

8 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

Went out to eat breakfast at our favorite place yesterday.  Sat all alone outside on the patio.  It was kinda wonderfulness. And some delicious eggs Benedict. Folks at the restaurant were overjoyed that we came in.  

Awesome. Eggs Benedict is my favorite!

And so happy that you were so warmly welcomed back, they know what they're doing. 😉

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Phone sex was always meant to be an occasional snack. Not a feast for a famished person, near death.

Man, this **** is about to be endemic, bro : (

I know you got more then your own health go think about, you've brought that up before.

Couldn't imagine the "dating scene" right now where swipping on Tinder is additionally calculated by "possibly worth dying to bang", for example.

Risk of getting COVID is not zero staying celibate, just reduces risk, you got antibody test yet?

Nah I think I might get tested in a week or two. Yeah, I like to go see my dad (along with my brother)  every few weeks to a month and just hang out. He's 68, though, and I think I already had this back in February, and It. Sucked. Ass. I swear the lung thing might be real too, because only the last month or so have I felt right during exercise. I'm also kind of nervous about what it all could mean for me personally in the long run. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 5

Saw "Sonic the Hedgehog" in the movie theater today.  I missed it when it came out.  It wasn't that bad.  Everything else the theater played was really old stuff.

Very limited capacity.  You have to pick where you want to sit but they had very limited amount of seats available.

Had some nachos and they gave free popcorn.    Mask wasn't required but I wore my mask after eating my snacks.  I doubt there were more than 20 people in the whole theater anyway.

It will be interesting, once new movies starting coming out again.

When not working,the wife and I pretty much quarantine ourselves at the house. She decided to watch Crawl.  I could hear her outside yelling at the characters" What the hell are you doing??? Stay where you're at!!"    :rofl89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope you don't own a Samsung DVD player...

Samsung Blu-ray DVD players have suddenly stopped working

Entertainment has become one of the biggest tools for keeping sane during these trying times but while many companies are aggressively pushing their streaming services, others still prefer owning the media they buy in physical form. That mostly means DVDs and Blu-ray discs which, of course, require appropriate devices to play them. But what if those devices all suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason? That’s the rather eerie and frustrating situation that owners of Samsung Blu-ray players are now experiencing around the world with no answer or solution yet in sight.

There doesn’t seem to be any common denominator other than the fact that it’s happening across a number of Samsung’s WiFi-connected Blu-ray and DVD players. Some have reported it on a BD-J5700 while others experienced it on HJ-4500 entertainment systems. All of them report being able to use the player one day and suddenly blocked form it the next.

The most common behavior reported is that the players reboot themselves after a few seconds, causing an inescapable boot loop. Others have reported hearing noises as if the players were reading empty disc slots. In almost all cases, button presses and remote controls don’t do register anything on the players.

Given the mysterious and sudden appearance of the bug, some people have different theories on what caused it. Some blame an overnight firmware update but the range of devices covered is so wide and random to discount that theory. Some blame an expired SSL security certificate in the firmware, which could explain why no amount of resetting the device to factory settings seems to work.

Unfortunately, Samsung remains unresponsive despite the growing number of complaints, possibly due to how it happened during the weekend. Given global conditions, it’s understandable how owners a not so amused, especially if it will require them to turn in the device for manual servicing.

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I got a haircut from the local beauty school, I always go to.  $6.50 for a haircut, isn't bad and I do tip the student hairdresser.

“isn’t bad for $6.50” or isn’t bad.

Not that I can talk. I just get a buzz cut from Hair Lottery (aka Cuttery), although during quarantine Mrs Corcaigh has done a perfectly fine job.

When quarantine is over I’ll probably go back to Hair Lottery because, although Mrs Corcaigh is a lovely, lovely woman, she’s not a 25-year old Brazilian female who gives scalp massages.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

“isn’t bad for $6.50” or isn’t bad.

Not that I can talk. I just get a buzz cut from Hist Lottery (aka Cuttery), although during quarantine Mrs Corcaigh has done a perfectly fine job.

When quarantine is over I’ll probably go back to Hair Lottery because, although Mrs Corcaigh is a lovely, lovely woman, she’s not a 25-year old Brazilian female who gives scalp massages.

Actually the school has guys cutting the male hair.  The ladies only cut the ladies.

• Sad 1

I got my hair cut last Monday from the normal salon I go to in Bethesda.

When I got there there is a sign on the door saying wait outside to be called in so I waited like 2 minutes then they opened the door and told me to go in.

The place is at 50% capacity with a total of 4 people working.  It's set up so that there is one row of 4 on one side and one row of 4 seats on the other side.  With just 4 people working they are each taking a corner spot to keep distance.  There is no hair washing or coloring stuff going on in the place.

I was wondering how they would cut around the ears and they have some little clip that they use where she took the strap off my ears then just clipped it lower behind my neck for a few minutes while she cleaned up around the ears.

I know the owners of the salon and have known them since I was a kid and was talking about business.  They said that they are actually having some trouble getting some people to come back to work because with the $600 extra per week for unemployment, people are making more than they were before.  And she doesn't blame them for not coming back just yet and milking it.  But because of people going on unemployment they did not really have to go into reserves when they were closed to pay people, and they ended up getting some help from the government small business program, and they are using that now to help with payments for employees.  It sounds like they will be okay in the long run.

• Like 4