Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Just leaving airbnb I got in New Mexico, whole Lotta nothing out here, just the way I like it right now.

Musta got a Lotta Burger (with green chile n cheese).  Glad you enjoyed NM! The nothing is what I love and we do have a whole lot of it. 

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 1

Im so bored right now, getting lost somewhere in the Amazon sounds ****ing exhilarating. 

Also, Day (I think I've lost count)  of no sex.  

n4ApBF.gif

Think I'm gonna get an account on Match/Tinder. See if anyone wants to get tested and go out. I can't take much more of this.

• Like 2

The wife isn't being furloughed now until the first week of September. Between that, the two months of free rent from the state, and back unemployment, we should be good until October. 

I'm starting work with a new therapist on Saturday, which should be interesting. Really getting into self-help stuff lately. Not so much books on positive thinking or whatever but more like articles and videos targeted to what I'm dealing with. There's no shortage of content out there. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 8:37 PM, Renegade7 said:

Quarantine Bart

Aww ****, this is so me, lol.

Last weekend would've been the yearly fishing/R&R trip to NC, renting a beach house for the week and shooting the ****.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 2
On 7/29/2020 at 6:26 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Im so bored right now, getting lost somewhere in the Amazon sounds ****ing exhilarating. 

Think I'm gonna get an account on Match/Tinder. See if anyone wants to get tested and go out. I can't take much more of this.

Be careful out there.

hqdefault.jpg

On 7/29/2020 at 6:26 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Yes, some people are still having one-night stands

After months of putting his dating life on pause because of the coronavirus pandemic, Harrison Forman, a 28-year-old producer and comedian in New York City, was lonely enough that he was willing to take a risk, as responsibly as possible.

At a Zoom happy hour he met a woman who was a friend of a friend, they started texting — and then he started popping the quarantine questions: Who do you live with? Have you been wearing your mask? Have you been in any big groups recently? Have you been tested?

Though some of her Instagram photos of social gatherings concerned him, she answered Forman’s questions satisfactorily enough that he felt comfortable meeting for a masked walk. After several hours together, he invited her up to his apartment. But since his Manhattan building has a rule against visitors, Forman first had to have an awkward conversation with his doorman. “I just said: ‘Hey, this is a new friend of mine. Don’t worry, we’re both safe.’ ”

Once inside Forman’s apartment, the masks came off … and pretty quickly, other clothing did, too.

He’s not the only one still pursuing casual sex in the middle of a pandemic. You might think that during covid-19, one-night stands would be off the table. Who wants to take the physical and emotional risk? And plenty of singles are going on digital dates for weeks or months before getting physical.

But others are forging ahead more quickly, with no intention of seeing the person again. They’re asking a lot of questions about their prospective partner’s exposure, going for it if they feel safe and then quarantining just long enough that they can get busy again — with someone new.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Divorce rates in America soar by 34% during the COVID-19 pandemic with marriages crumbling three weeks into quarantine and newlywed separations doubling to 20 percent

The coronavirus pandemic has dealt a serious blow to marriages in the US amid a 34 per cent increase in sales for divorce agreements and revelations that it took just three weeks under quarantine for relationships to crumble, according to a survey.

The outbreak of the coronavirus in January and implementation of lockdown orders in March forced couples to manage a plethora of new challenges.

The combination of quarantine life, wavering finances, mounting unemployment rates, illnesses, deaths of loved ones, mental illness and child care has led Americans lawyers to predict a record number of divorce filings. 

In fact, 31 per cent of couples admitted the quarantine caused irreparable damage to their relationships.  

Data collected by Legal Templates, a firm the provides legal documents online, outlined just how negatively the pandemic has affected couples.

According to the data, interest in legal separations peaked on April 13, which is 15 to 20 days - or three weeks - into when the majority of states implemented official quarantine protocol in March. 

32502926-8674001-image-a-3_1598622569954

• Sad 1

The Glory Hole Reopens

Public health officials and lonely quarantines have led to an unlikely sexual renaissance in the pandemic.

This summer, Jonah, a gay twentysomething in the D.C. area, was frustrated after months of the coronavirus lockdown. His sex life, as with so many others’, had been completely upended by the pandemic.

Then he stumbled on what seemed like a safer sex option: a glory hole.

Jonah found his glory hole—or a hole in a wall or other barrier between parties that allows for anonymous oral sex—through the sex and dating app Grindr. From there, he was directed to an online scheduling site that required minimal information. During his first time through, he received written instructions on where to meet, along with a helpful reminder of the time.

f86c7da7-fa49-42ab-82b8-a86c0b9b92dc.jpe

What a glory hole may look like

When he arrived at the station, he saw a wide partition with a gap in it. “It was unlike any other experience that I’ve ever had,” Jonah said. “Satisfying—but I couldn’t wrap my head around the mystery. I was at ease because I didn’t know what the other person looked like, but also concerned for that same reason. It ended, and he left the bathroom before I could even pull up my pants.”

Glory holes are often considered a relic of a different, more shadowy era of homosexual sex. They have a long history, but they declined in popularity as the culture shifted and gay life moved out into the open; in 2018, an Australian museum even added one to its collection for posterity. While online directories suggest that kink communities and other enthusiasts have kept hundreds, and perhaps thousands, of glory holes active around the world, their heyday has passed.

But in a twist worthy of 2020, glory holes are finding new life in the pandemic, and they have received support from an unlikely corner: public health officials, who have mostly urged people to stay home. In several regions, health departments worried about high-risk hookups during the coronavirus have alluded to—or outright recommended—glory holes as a safer venue for casual sex.

The Canadian B.C. Centre for Disease Control, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, and others have recommended, in one way or another, the use of glory holes for sex. In New York, the city’s official COVID-19 safer sex bulletin didn’t mention glory holes directly, but it advised residents to “make it a little kinky” and “be creative with sexual positions and physical barriers, like walls.”

• Haha 3

Well ****. My pod of neighbor families all (not including my fam) send their kids to the same daycare, which now, you’ll be shocked to hear, has had 2 covid cases reported. In lieu of burning their houses down, anyone have any ideas for a day trip around the DMV area so I can stay far far away from my former friends who are dead to me for the next 2 weeks?  Preferably one that a baby would, at minimum, survive (which is why I’m not going hiking). 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well ****. My pod of neighbor families all (not including my fam) send their kids to the same daycare, which now, you’ll be shocked to hear, has had 2 covid cases reported. In lieu of burning their houses down, anyone have any ideas for a day trip around the DMV area so I can stay far far away from my former friends who are dead to me for the next 2 weeks?  Preferably one that a baby would, at minimum, survive (which is why I’m not going hiking). 

Sorry, but the smart grandma didn't wanna tell you what to do, cuz your smartypants ass thought you figured it out. No one knows you except you. 

So....

Keep everyone home.  Just a suggestion. 

I'll never judge, you know me. Just stay safe, and don't take any of this as being mean. I don't mean it that way at all. 

23 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In lieu of burning their houses down, anyone have any ideas for a day trip around the DMV area so I can stay far far away from my former friends who are dead to me for the next 2 weeks?  ). 

1275681680230.jpg

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Sorry, but the smart grandma didn't wanna tell you what to do, cuz your smartypants ass thought you figured it out. No one knows you except you. 

So....

Keep everyone home.  Just a suggestion. 

I'll never judge, you know me. Just stay safe, and don't take any of this as being mean. I don't mean it that way at all. 

Can’t stay home. If I stay home, I have to stay inside because the neighbors will be outside, and the kids will want to play together. I’m not staying inside, in the house ive been in constantly for 6 months, for an entire long weekend in September because my neighbors daycare sucks. Surely there are day trips that don’t involve being near other people. 

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can’t stay home. If I stay home, I have to stay inside because the neighbors will be outside, and the kids will want to play together. I’m not staying inside, in the house ive been in constantly for 6 months, for an entire long weekend in September because my neighbors daycare sucks. Surely there are day trips that don’t involve being near other people. 

Stay safe, that's all I want for everyone. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Why not go some place like Chincoteague for the weekend and let the kids see the wild horses? Luray Caverns is also an option

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Why not go some place like Chincoteague for the weekend and let the kids see the wild horses? Luray Caverns is also an option

Don't go to Chincoteague.  It's packed with people.  We stayed a few days in Wachapreague and made a day trip to Chincoteague and immediately turned around because it was too crowded and the mosquitoes were voracious.

But if you do want to do something like that I can recommend going to Wachapreague and hiring a boat to take you out to one of the islands/beaches that are uninhabited.  We did that and had the place entirely to ourselves. Beautiful beach, good sea shelling, no people.

• Like 2