Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

I'll also throw in that the physical grocery store is probably responsible for > 50% of the ****ups with your online order. 

22 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

While there is a possibility that it may come into play, failing to provide receipts is awful suspicious.

I think he means the physical receipt from the actual store. Instacart emails you a receipt or sends you one via the app. As a policy they don't provide physical receipts. 

(the actual policy may have changed and things vary depending on your actual shopper/driver)

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

I think he means the physical receipt from the actual store. Instacart emails you a receipt or sends you one via the app. As a policy they don't provide physical receipts. 

(the actual policy may have changed and things vary depending on your actual shopper/driver)

The point remains.  They aren't give you the evidence of the claimed prices.

5 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

The point remains.  They aren't give you the evidence of the claimed prices.

Well yea, and they do it on purpose. 

You are purchasing from Instacart, not the store, so the physical receipt from the store does not belong to you, it belongs to Instacart.   (Instacart legalese speak) 

Personally that doesn't entirely make sense to me because Instacart is providing a service.... rather then taking items into a their own warehouse and then reselling them. 

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

[kids need to go back to school pic]

The teacher in me: **** you. Welcome to the way humans have lived for hundreds of thousands of years.  You made them, deal with them.

The parent in me: [kids need to go back to school pic]

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Which one is you?

Construction Worker, I like telling people to build a bridge and get over it already.

We have tile floor in our room and I watched her iron her dress on the floor to be quick and remember not having an ironing board. 

I ironed a shirt like that for S&G at some point after that for indoor date night. That's not what promoted that comment from her, though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Watched Rambo: Last Blood. I didn’t want to put it in the movie thread because it’s not good enough to be called a movie.

Rambo: Vengeful Moleman really was an awful movie.  The parts where he reaches inside the bodies of his still living victims will stay with you though.  

On 5/11/2020 at 1:39 AM, visionary said:

Been playing some Jedi Fallen Order and Final Fantasy 7 remake on the ps4 recently.  Good stuff.  (Although I didn’t realize there would be quite so much jumping in the Jedi game.).  I’ve been playing some Oder games on my computer like Shogun 2, which was free to buy a few days ago, and some JRPGs on psnow.

I also started running a Starfinder (Attack of the Swarm) campaign on fantasy grounds for my family, since my dad has been wanting to play for a while.  Mom wanted to play for her birthday on Friday and today for Mother’s Day.  I’m always excited and happy to run a campaign as long as I have time to prepare first.  A little worn out now though, lol.  

Of course we’ve all been doing a lot of different  cooking and lots of work around the house and our yard. Oh yeah, also did some reading and editing earlier in the week.

I have a 7 year old up and coming gamer in the house and she has me playing Pokémon and Animal crossing.  These things are barely recognizable as games.  I’m making mortgage payments to a slick sales raccoon, and memorizing strength and weakness charts for various magical animals.  

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Yeah. It’s really not a Rambo movie. More of a late series, Jason Vorhees flick. 

Makes me kinda sad. Rambo was such a complex character and they chewed him down to nothing. 

What a shame. First Blood really felt authentic. Seems like ever since then it's kinda been "Rambo kills a bunch of guys in The Southeast Pacific and Afghanistan."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What a shame. First Blood really felt authentic. Seems like ever since then it's kinda been "Rambo kills a bunch of guys in The Southeast Pacific and Afghanistan."

And now Mexico. And underneath his ranch.  Rancher Rambo?  Nah not buying it.  Still, I watched the whole thing and I often turn off stinkers part way through.

• Like 1

Woke up this morning to large vibrations.  At first I was like WTF, until I remembered they were scheduled to demolish the house next door.  Big excavator just chewing through walls.  Powerful enough to bend the steel I-beam support, yet precise enough that the operator was able to pick out copper wire and plumbing and put it in a separate pile.

LDuqw3o.jpg

• Like 1

Watched Cleopatra on Sunday, what an immense project that movie was. The actors were terrific, Elizabeth Taylor up against Rex Harrison as Caesar and literally Richard Burton as Marc Antony. Taylor's entrance into Rome was spectacular! It's a long movie, Dancer was grateful to the intermission when I took her out. Plus TCM does such a good job of describing the behind the scenes of the movies. I find myself watching lots of TCM movies. 

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

That wasn't as bad as the Blood Eagle episode of Vikings. I watched that one through my fingers, no joke. 

Vikings is pretty graphic overall.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2