Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Has anyone ever used a public or a resort hot tub, and gotten bad skin irritations ?

I think it's chemical-related and not bacteria-related.

Management claims they have done everything right, and checked the chlorine levels according to state specs.

But I wonder if it's too high of a chorine level. Or if my skin is just real sensitive.

I'd rather not stop using it, because it provides some therapeutic health benefits, and it's not just for recreation.

Just curious how common this is, and if there's any reasonable action I can take with management ?

I know if it's @PleaseBlitz giving me the advice, that he would just say, "forget the hot tub, and just prop your feet on the AC,

and cool your junk".

But I'm wondering if there are other options.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, clietas said:

Two men enter one man leaves.

Never really liked Thunderdome. Definitely the weakest of the Mad Max films.

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yeah, Thunderdome is a slog.

I literally fell asleep after he fought Blaster in the Thunderdome and got exiled to the desert and found those gump ass kids. Definitely disappointing,  at least until the final chase scene.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Has anyone ever used a public or a resort hot tub, and gotten bad skin irritations ?

I think it's chemical-related and not bacteria-related.

Hot tub folliculitis?

I stay outta them. Nothing but a breading ground for bacteria. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I literally fell asleep after he fought Blaster in the Thunderdome and got exiled to the desert and found those gump ass kids. Definitely disappointing,  at least until the final chase scene.

Ugh the part with the kids and the pilot bs is just awful. 

• Like 1

Just saw Joker in the theater. Good movie. Pretty damn dark and depressing, cinematography was excellent. A story of the underclass rebelling, and how mental illness should not be ignored and untreated. Truly a fantastic performance by Joaquin Phoenix. 

I read that Joker is the first R-rated film to gross over $1 billion. That amazes me that there was never a R-rated film previously to do so.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, China said:

Some jagoff just parked blocking my driveway.  Grrr.  I called the police on them and they moved it, but I'd rather they tow it.  This isn't the first time it's happened.

cones bro. People are lazy and won’t usually get out of their car to move them.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

On 1/31/2020 at 1:45 PM, China said:

Some jagoff just parked blocking my driveway.  Grrr.  I called the police on them and they moved it, but I'd rather they tow it.  This isn't the first time it's happened.

My neighbor before I moved did that.  Got him towed and he still partially blocked it a couple more times.  Some people, man.

Finished the final episode of Bojack Horseman tonight and I'm bittersweet over the whole thing. It was time for it to end, but I also don't like realizing that I'm 6 years older now and these characters that made the scary world of Los Angeles seem a little more ludicrous, flawed and approachable when I moved there are now a thing of the past. 

I think we all have shows like that. Post-series depression is a real thing, but it hits harder when you've been following a show for years and identify with the characters. At that point, it's like losing a friend.

"Theres a train ahead of us on the platform."

No ****, it's a morning commute.  Can yall get yalls timing right so we stop stopping underground like it's a suprise theres a train on same track as us?  It's a subway, not a Six Flags ride, stop apologizing and fix what you sorry for.

• Haha 2